4.70 star(s) 44 Votes

james_97

Jun 14, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8381, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 143, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 199, in script call
    $ the_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/role_cousin.rpy", line 83, in script
    menu:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 364, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
MemoryError: 

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8381, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 143, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 199, in script call
    $ the_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/role_cousin.rpy", line 83, in script
    menu:
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\ast.py", line 1531, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\exports.py", line 893, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(items)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\exports.py", line 1080, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 308, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 364, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\loadsave.py", line 395, in save
    roots = renpy.game.log.freeze(None)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\python.py", line 1811, in freeze
    self.purge_unreachable(roots, wait=wait)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\python.py", line 1504, in purge_unreachable
    reached_vars(roots, reachable, wait)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\python.py", line 401, in reached_vars
    reached(v, reachable, wait)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab_Rats_2-main\renpy\python.py", line 356, in reached
    reachable[idobj] = 1
MemoryError: 

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.21.0
Thu Oct 10 15:18:58 2019
this comes up evry time i try to save

Goonie

Oct 11, 2017
Do it through the console, Shift + O, by typing call HR_director_mod_init ( it is a label )
Are there other mods that can be activated like this? For instance, the casual sex encounters don't seem to trigger for me and the HR mod didn't either until I did this.

Also, a request, more NTR stuff where you can join in and maybe even effect them.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Are there other mods that can be activated like this? For instance, the casual sex encounters don't seem to trigger for me and the HR mod didn't either until I did this.

Also, a request, more NTR stuff where you can join in and maybe even effect them.
casual_sex_test() in the console should populate the world with the necessary characters (in the gym and downtown distillery) and corresponding roles.
Might run into errors since it is for testing while Lazy Starbuck works on it.

Reactions: Ragnon

Ragnon

Jul 25, 2017
After having enabled the HR_director_mod_init() you got to trigger (or call) the label Sarah_intro_label (requirements are day > 14 and time_of_day < 4 and mc_at_home()) which allows you to hire her as your HR and also unlocks a HR Position Policy in the Organisation Policy lists.
Does not seem to be a way to hire other characters for the position at the moment.

I noticed an error in one of the dialogues where it tries to use the % (modulo) sign to do something despite being in a string. Adding another % so that it says 50%% will fix this. Going to see if I can push that to the master branch real quick.

If you want or need to do the fix yourself then it is at line 125 in role_Sarah.rpy.
Thanks, Trollden got it to work properly.

Badrabbit

Jul 19, 2017
I'm not sure where the right place to mention this is but this thread covers bug fixes so maybe here? I think that the force sex option is wrong at line 8547 of script.rpy. I'm pretty sure that the < should be >.

alv0192

Jan 4, 2018
Is there a way to change the personality of the characters by these?
because in the cheat menu those don’t appear

MeMiniMe

Aug 1, 2017
Heya,

First of all, great collection of mods it really adds to the game.
Now I doubt this is the right place for this but it's more likely that something is done about it than the original Lab Rats 2 thread.

I noticed that when a character has 'likes / loves masturbation' eventually that character gets to max sluttiness even when you don't interact with her at all (wich can kinda ruin progression for preset characters).
Is it possible to have the automatic sluttiness gain from that preference capped at 30 or 40 or something like that?

Second, I know it's an unfinished feature but when the HR Director is added to the company it doesn't add existing employees to it's 'like / dislike' list.

Hope this helps somewhat, keep up the good work.

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
Hi Denis,

did you install the vanilla bugfix before applying the mod?

Cheers
Matt
I have no idea.

Is there a way to check? I think I do, but I haven't installed anything since Oct 14 and maybe since Oct 10. I'm 100% positive I had vanilla + all updates/bugfixes that were prior Oct 11

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I have no idea.

Is there a way to check? I think I do, but I haven't installed anything since Oct 14 and maybe since Oct 10. I'm 100% positive I had vanilla + all updates/bugfixes that were prior Oct 11
I don't know. But you should always be able to overwrite the vanilla game with the bugfix from

It does not overwrite the mod files.

Cheers
Matt

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I have no idea.

Yes, this is a bug in the VREN version of the game, it has been fixed in the post mentioned by DaMatt , please note that the bugfix branch contains many fixes not addressed in the base game and makes sure the mod works better, since some parts of the original VREN code are not modding friendly. I told him about the bugfix branch since I got tired from copying every issue over to Patreon, I do however resolve every issue reported there into the bugfix branch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denis25

Goonie

Oct 11, 2017
casual_sex_test() in the console should populate the world with the necessary characters (in the gym and downtown distillery) and corresponding roles.
Might run into errors since it is for testing while Lazy Starbuck works on it.
Unfortunately this doesn't work. I get NameError: global name 'generic_people_role' not defined.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Unfortunately this doesn't work. I get NameError: global name 'generic_people_role' not defined.
Pushed a fix for this now that checks whether any role is present instead of the removed generic_people_role, should work now.
Make sure to increase your stamina for the athletic role actions.

Goonie

Oct 11, 2017
Pushed a fix for this now that checks whether any role is present instead of the removed generic_people_role, should work now.
That was quick. Thanks!

Goonie

Oct 11, 2017
I found a bug with this fix. It changes the role of the aunt and cousin and in my game turned the aunt into a hotwife and the cousin into the athletic role so they don't show up for their scenes in the apartment and strip club respectively and their wardrobes are all wrong.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
I found a bug with this fix. It changes the role of the aunt and cousin and in my game turned the aunt into a hotwife and the cousin into the athletic role so they don't show up for their scenes in the apartment and strip club respectively and their wardrobes are all wrong.
Sorry about that :)
Was using if role in people.special_role to determine if a role in their list or not, which actually didn't do anything since it'll always return False thus not disqualifying the person from changes.
Changed it to if len(people.special_role) > 0 so it disqualifies them properly from being affected.

You might want to put their schedules back to what's intended through the console.

Python:
cousin.schedule[4] = stripclub
cousin.schedule[2] = hall# If stage 2
cousin.schedule[2] = lily_bedroom # If stage 3

# If aunt is supposed to be in her apartment during the day
aunt.schedule[2] = aunt_apartment
aunt.schedule[3] = aunt_apartment

# If she hasn't moved out yet from your apartment then place here in the hall too.
aunt.schedule[0] = hall
EDIT: Seems to still not be fixed. Going to take a look at other parts of the code, so give me a couple of minutes.
EDIT: Had a small whoopsie and typed person.special_role instead of people.special_role :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonie
4.70 star(s) 44 Votes