4.70 star(s) 44 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
F95-Header.png

Overview:
This is a continuation of Lab Rats 2 game created by VREN with a range of new features and enhancements to make the game more enjoyable and configurable to your own preferences.​

Thread Updated: 2023-09-25
Release Date: 2023-09-25
Original Game / Creator: Lab Rats 2
Modders: Tristim - LZ_Starbuck - Trollden -
Censored: No
Version: 2023.09
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelogs:

Developer Notes:

Features:

Beta Version:

About Android:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Extras: Cheat Commands - Android Install Instructions - Attention Hack* -

screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0002.jpg screenshot0003.jpg screenshot0004.jpg screenshot0005.jpg screenshot0006.jpg screenshot0007.jpg screenshot0009.jpg screenshot0010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
Interesting! Looks like a properly extensible mod framework, though there's no description of what the mods do for the game in there that I can see.

Reactions: Bezekira

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
The current master is for 0.17.1. The develop branch so far seems pretty stable for 0.18.1, so please make sure you are downloading the correct branch!

Reactions: Foxy-Sama and Zir

cj1015

Apr 26, 2018
If I download just the cheatmenu I'm good if I download the mods.... I drag and drop into Game directory and I error out Hijack error

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
I tried this Mod Collection with 0.17.1 and got this right at game start...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Mods/Role/generic_people_role.rpy", line 5, in script
init 2 python:
File "game/Mods/Role/generic_people_role.rpy", line 140, in <module>
generic_people_role = Role("Generic", [schedule_person_action, start_follow_action, stop_follow_action, hire_person_action, rename_person_action, spend_the_night_action, pay_to_strip_action], hidden = True) # This role is meant to not display in the person_ui_hud
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'hidden'

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TeamHentaiX

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
I tried this Mod Collection with 0.17.1 and got this right at game start...

While running game code:
File "game/Mods/Role/generic_people_role.rpy", line 5, in script
init 2 python:
File "game/Mods/Role/generic_people_role.rpy", line 140, in <module>
generic_people_role = Role("Generic", [schedule_person_action, start_follow_action, stop_follow_action, hire_person_action, rename_person_action, spend_the_night_action, pay_to_strip_action], hidden = True) # This role is meant to not display in the person_ui_hud
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'hidden'
i wonder did you read any of the comments or did you just say oh v17 yeah lets try it on v18 and see if this works, yeah good work buddy.

its for version 17

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cj1015

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Creating a new save should fix most issues that occur at the beginning of the game.
Not everything gets initialized as intended on older saves, but we are working on resolving those issues (where possible).
The Develop branch should work on version 0.18.0 and 0.18.1 on new saves in a somewhat stable manner, but there are no guarantees for it.

Master branch is currently only suited for version 0.17.0/1, but will likely push Develop to Master "soon".

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding anything related to the Mods then we can be reached here on the forum, in the Discord (see signature) or on the GitGud site (also signature).

Please don't be too upset if things aren't working or if something breaks. I personally have no coding experience outside of reading the scripts in Lab Rats 2 and re- purposing them so I might mess things up :)

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
Creating a new save should fix most issues that occur at the beginning of the game.
Not everything gets initialized as intended on older saves, but we are working on resolving those issues (where possible).
The Develop branch should work on version 0.18.0 and 0.18.1 on new saves in a somewhat stable manner, but there are no guarantees for it.

Master branch is currently only suited for version 0.17.0/1, but will likely push Develop to Master "soon".

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding anything related to the Mods then we can be reached here on the forum, in the Discord (see signature) or on the GitGud site (also signature).

Please don't be too upset if things aren't working or if something breaks. I personally have no coding experience outside of reading the scripts in Lab Rats 2 and re- purposing them so I might mess things up :)

Let me say this first ... thanks for your part of the mod ... it helps a lot to play (test) the game even if we need to start a new game each new game version :)

After failing to get the 0.17.1 to run with the stable mod I tried the Dev Mod (beta) with 0.18.1 ... A new game startet fine, but there are a few problems where it shows the failure (log) screen ...

Example: Sometimes at work or home or in town I get the failure screen shown up ... with...

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8048, in script call
python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8954, in script call
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_2
File "game/Mods/Mechanics/advance_time_override.rpy", line 82, in script
$ the_crisis = get_random_from_weighted_list(possible_crisis_list)
File "game/Mods/Mechanics/advance_time_override.rpy", line 82, in <module>
NameError: name 'possible_crisis_list' is not defined

or another example: The daily report screen doesnt show up, instead I get again a failure log screen:

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 7978, in script call
menu:
File "game/Mods/Mechanics/advance_time_override.rpy", line 118, in script
call screen end_of_day_update() # We have to keep this outside of a python block, because the renpy.call_screen function does not properly fade out the text bar.
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 2, in execute
screen end_of_day_update():
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 14, in execute
frame:
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 23, in execute
hbox:
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 34, in execute
vbox:
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 36, in execute
$ profit = mc.business.sales_made + starbuck.calc_investment_return() - mc.business.calculate_salary_cost() - mc.business.supplies_purchased
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 36, in <module>
$ profit = mc.business.sales_made + starbuck.calc_investment_return() - mc.business.calculate_salary_cost() - mc.business.supplies_purchased
NameError: name 'starbuck' is not defined

or

While running game code:
menu:
File "game/Mods/Mechanics/advance_time_override.rpy", line 62, in script
python:
File "game/Mods/Mechanics/advance_time_override.rpy", line 65, in <module>
for action_mod in action_mod_list:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

or

While running game code:
menu:

So far I can "ignore" all these failure screens a continue to play the game, but I´m missing a lot informations or mod content.
The main reason for me to use the mod (beside your cheat menu) are the new sex positions and talks ... imo they deserve to be implementet into the main game ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Trollden

Jhon21

Feb 3, 2018
It's work on android phone?

Overview:
Collection of mods that are either entirely standalone or have a dependency on the Mod Core.

Folder structure is set up in a way that imitates a Class and its functionalities.

e.g the Room class contains both physical locations in the form of a room, but also actions via the "Do something..." menu. Therefore the Room folder / directory houses both a room folder and an actions folder. This is to keep things sorted, but also due to neither of them being dependent on each other. A room does not need an action and an action does not need a room to function, they can exist in codeform independently and be re- used where applicable.

Mechanics folder is where the framework of a mechanic will exist. If possible, jam as many variable declerations and functions in a file there, so several files don't have to be looked through to see if a variable or function serving a similar purpose already exist elsewhere.

If a RenPy screen is to be created e.g the Room Manager screen it should preferably be possible to call it without needing to have any prerequisites present. I suggest having screens in their own .rpy file if you originaly indended to bundle in labels, actions, roles, rooms and such. In otherwords keep what content is added in addition to the screen to a minimum.​

Updated: 2019-07-04
Game/Creator: Vren
Modder: Tristim and Trolldem
Game Version: 0.17.1
Language: English

Installation:

This mod collection is made by a third party, I take no responsibility over it. You can contact the modders .

Stable:
Beta:
Unofficial Bugfix:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Let me say this first ... thanks for your part of the mod ... it helps a lot to play (test) the game even if we need to start a new game each new game version :)

After failing to get the 0.17.1 to run with the stable mod I tried the Dev Mod (beta) with 0.18.1 ... A new game startet fine, but there are a few problems where it shows the failure (log) screen ...

Example: Sometimes at work or home or in town I get the failure screen shown up ... with...

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8048, in script call
python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8954, in script call
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_2

or another example: The daily report screen doesnt show up, instead I get again a failure log screen:

While running game code:
menu:
File "game/Mods/Mechanics/advance_time_override.rpy", line 118, in script
call screen end_of_day_update() # We have to keep this outside of a python block, because the renpy.call_screen function does not properly fade out the text bar.
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 14, in execute
frame:
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 23, in execute
hbox:
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 34, in execute
vbox:
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 36, in execute
File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_end_of_day.rpy", line 36, in <module>
NameError: name 'starbuck' is not defined

or

While running game code:
menu:
File "game/Mods/Mechanics/advance_time_override.rpy", line 62, in script
python:
File "game/Mods/Mechanics/advance_time_override.rpy", line 65, in <module>
for action_mod in action_mod_list:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

or

While running game code:
menu:

So far I can "ignore" all these failure screens a continue to play the game, but I´m missing a lot informations or mod content.
The main reason for me to use the mod (beside your cheat menu) are the new sex positions and talks ... imo they deserve to be implementet into the main game ^^
You probably started an older save game, due to the ignore you are missing key component of the MOD, i've updated the mod core to check some more things to make sure the mod gets initialized correctly. If you like, you can give it a try. Make sure to also download the bugfix, it has some fixes that makes the original VREN code more mod friendly.

Reactions: PPLayer

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
You probably started an older save game, due to the ignore you are missing key component of the MOD, i've updated the mod core to check some more things to make sure the mod gets initialized correctly. If you like, you can give it a try. Make sure to also download the bugfix, it has some fixes that makes the original VREN code more mod friendly.
I started a fresh game with (only) dev mod version and got all those failure screens.
But now I tried it your suggested way -> bugfix -> (newest) dev mod ...and voila, it runs (until) now without any failure.
My guess it is the bugfix who fixed my previous problems ;)
Thanks for the suggestion and your (and Trollden´s) awesome mod ... it adds a whole new experience to the game (y)

A question: Is there a way to reroll or change the likes of a person (with console command) and if, what´s the command?
(?? Lily.Working = 2 or Lily.set_working = 2 or something like that ??)
example: Lily hates to work and I´ld like to change that into loves to work or Jennifer is missing any work related likes
(Saveeditoronline could (possible) change some of that in the save file - if I would be a patreon :( )

Last edited:

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Open the console while you talk to Lily and type:

the_person.opinions['work'] = [ 2, True]

There is a second list called sexy_opinions for her sexy likes/dislikes. Be careful, all of this is case sensitive.

Cheers
Matt

Reactions: PPLayer

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
thanks DaMatt, I´m gonna try this

edit: I think I successfully figured out how the whole thing works ... changed Liliy´s opinion in case of working and what kind of work ;) thx again DaMatt (y)

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 44 Votes