darcono

Oct 20, 2018
@Trollden, you should be aware that I'm stuck at 5 employees when I use the cheat menu to get all policies. I'm running 15.1 on a Mac, with the latest SB mod installed too.

Reactions: Trollden

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
@Trollden, you should be aware that I'm stuck at 5 employees when I use the cheat menu to get all policies. I'm running 15.1 on a Mac, with the latest SB mod installed too.
Noted.
Have fixed it so the function is now accounting for the missing function calls.
Code:
def cheat_policies_unlock():

for policy in (uniform_policies_list + recruitment_policies_list + serum_policies_list + organisation_policies_list):
            mc.business.policy_list.append(policy)
        batch_size_increase(increase_amount = 5)
        add_production_lines(3)
        increase_max_employee_size(33)
I'll see if I can get the Policies' on_buy_function to run somehow so I don't have to update it later when different policies are added, but I don't know how yet.

Been busy working on some sort of room_management system for rooms added by mods and I am somewhat finished with that now.
Anyway, here is the cheat mod with the fix applied for you.
Note that the functions are run every time you click the button so that you will be increasing the employee count, production lines ( although it doesnt allow for more production ) and how many you bring in for the interview.

Might as well throw this in as well for any aspiring mod makers:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am looking for feedback on its ease of use and if people encounter any errors or functionality that should be added.

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
The only lab rats here, are the people paying for this :D...

LR 1 was pretty good, what happend? ;/

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018

How much exactly have you paid?

You see, I've never seen this game for sale, and if anyone is selling it, I'm fairly sure it is without the dev's permission (that shit does happen though). The only way I've seen to give the dev any money is via his patreon, where you are not paying for this, but supporting a developer who's trying to do something new and innovative, as a patron. Hate to break it to you, but that doesn't 'buy' anything, but rather is support. Patronage.

Of course, perhaps you knew all that and simply think this creative coding malarky is all easy. So why not make us all a mod, for free obviously since such things as coding all the stuff isn't worth anything, just to show what you mean?

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
It's a sandbox. Beyond a game over condition, you decide what everything and everyone becomes, there is no 'end'. Such things tend to get....caught up and slow and bogged down. I've seen this with Henthighschool+ and Slave Maker.

It's also a Patreon project. Which lends itself to slow development to keep the monthly money coming by default-there's thousands of such projects and demos here, more elsewhere, few ever actually completed. The author here seems active enough, at least.

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017

To each their own I guess. I can understand why some people don't like LR2 compared to LR, but LR2 is probably in my top 5 favorite games on f95 right now... I very much appreciate an actual game and not just another visual novel with a handfull of choices which just ends up a race to the sexy scenes.

kinsake

Jun 24, 2017
To each their own I guess. I can understand why some people don't like LR2 compared to LR, but LR2 is probably in my top 5 favorite games on f95 right now... I very much appreciate an actual game and not just another visual novel with a handfull of choices which just ends up a race to the sexy scenes.
my guess is because the model look kinda doodoo? even their patreon homepage's banner pic is LR1 not 2.... >_>

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Alright, stupid question. How important is clearing the chance of side-effects if you're selling to the public rather than using it directly on people?

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
Alright, stupid question. How important is clearing the chance of side-effects if you're selling to the public rather than using it directly on people?
I don't know for certain, but I've been ignoring the side-effects for serum traits I'm only using in sell-only serums. There doesn't seem to be a price range involved so I don't think that serums that end up with a side effect are actually dropping in price.

However, I could see something getting added down the line in a later update that there's a chance based on the number of serums you put out with side effects where a crisis event can trigger where one of your serums has caused an issue and now your company is under scrutiny or the value of your company's products may fall for a term or something (just conjecture).

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Judging by the terrifying read you get on most actual real-world medications if you ever read the full list of known side-effects, not at all. :D

Let's face it, one of the greatest open secrets in the world is that taking headache pills actually makes you more susceptible to headaches, long-term. I'm cynical enough to have always wondered about that particular addictive trait, oh sorry, I mean 'side effect', as it is just a little... convenient.

Alex Mars

Mar 3, 2019
Made two Room actions to practice how it is done and also get used to the mod loading system provided by @ParadigmShift .

Adds a improvised hair saloon to the mall's "Do something..." menu where you can pay $60 for a haircut and $30 for hair dye to customize your employees appearance a bit.
Small problem: The hair colors are mixed up in the description of a girl ("Take a closer look at her") My black haired personal sub slut HR Lady is described as "fire red". I never used the Coiffeur, so it could be also Vrens fault. It's only a very minor thing anyway.

Cheers, Alex

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Small problem: The hair colors are mixed up in the description of a girl ("Take a closer look at her") My black haired personal sub slut HR Lady is described as "fire red". I never used the Coiffeur, so it could be also Vrens fault. It's only a very minor thing anyway.

Cheers, Alex
Don't have time to look into it immediately, but I assume your HR Person was created after installing the mod?
I appended the hair colors to the list_of_hairs and that list is pulled from whenever a person is created, but since the base game does not know what the color code is it will display a default e.g black.

To bypass this you can probably remove the code that I have put in which appends the colors. (although I intend to figure out a way to spawn the non- wild colors naturally in the game eventually through this list).

I also have done a small update to it with more hair colors, a placeholder Salon Manager and Salon Manager role and made the hair salon be its own "physical" room. Note that the Salon Manager is heavily randomized except for Wardrobe, schedule and role. Age will be in between (21 and 30), but will probably be a unique character later.
Note that there is no extra content, story lines, crisis events and such. Will add to that when I got time next week, and hopefully get some help from Lazy Starbuck with writing.

Please disregard the color names for now, will match them up better later and replace the most hideous ones.

This Salon idea has so far been a successful proof of concept on how the mod core and my implementation of extra rooms will tie together once some proper game play elements are introduced.
Here is version 0.1 of it.
Throwing in a "teaser" for a underground section to the business where some potentially non- lore friendly things will go on such as cloning in the Biotechnology Lab and surveillance of the business and town in the Security room.
( basically just have the rooms lol, but I have the idea written down and implementation, although slow, is doable ).

Since you have the previous version of the salon mod, please delete that.
Using a different folder structure and an updated Mod Core.

Reactions: Dvrnd and Alex Mars

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
Your observation regarding the outfits is correct and needs to be worked on some.
Have made requests before and will prompt again for changes to it, but it does not seem to be a priority.
Well that's a damn shame. To me that aspect is the only aspect of the game that stands out, and to read that he doesn't consider it a priority... is disappointing to say the least. I think a very simple mod, such as adding a "minimum" sluttiness requirement to the outfits that girls choose (so for example if she has 100 sluttiness she wouldn't wear clothes below 50 sluttiness), would be a good enough temporary fix, until the system is overhauled... if it ever is. But then again, there are so few default outfits in the game (and making and adding outfits is such a goddamn chore), that this might cause girls to wear the same outfit all the time.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I soo disappointed with the main chars looks. They're not the characters I remember at all! The mom looks ugly as fuck all and Lily doesn't even look Lily! When did Steph's hair color swap from brown to red? How much time has passed since the last game? (Seriously I forgot already due to frustration and I just started the game.) This shit is pissing me off Vren! you can do soo much better! I'll stick with lab rats one and pretend this doesn't exist.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Update
Just deleted the game. If I could i'd toss that bitch across the room. Sorry Vren, but it's not like you read this shit anyhow.
I'd come back to it when and if the characters are properly fixed. Until then. I'll wait for a mod to flag this violent speech.
Best of luck to ya ~ A fan of Lab Rats.

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
I also enjoyed Lab Rats 1, but find this version fascinating. It started slow, but it's actually becoming a pretty interesting concept. Yes it's true, the characters are butt-ugly, but there have been improvements since the beginning, and I look forward to more. Although I don't patronize this one yet, it is on my list of candidates for future donations. I think Vren is doing a remarkable job with the coding, and is making a complex and immersive experience.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes