Lack of Wuxia games

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
As the title says, there is a lack of Wuxia games and I was half thinking that my uneducated self could start checking if there is a request for that kind of game and how difficult it would be to make.
Yes you read that correctly as I'm not a dev and I would start from scrap as a passion project of mine.
It's just strange to me that we have a lot of "fantasy-like" games with the same story-ish every time but no one bothered to make a Wuxia game, especially since the genre allows for many different types of storytelling.
While I personally think a text-only game would be """easier""" to make, I can't help but damn my lack of graphical and tehcnical capabilities since I know a lot of people can't get into games that don't have images and/or animations, be they pixel or not.
Everything is still a blank canvas since I didn't look into RPGM/whatever software is suggested for text only games, so I'm open to suggestions about those and most of all feedback about preferring a railroady story or a sandbox.

Thanks for the attention and for your time, have a nice day
Ash

Reactions: Pandemoniumk