VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Last Call [v0.2.2] [Krieger Bebop]

1. 3.00 star(s)

slmkaz

This game seems really good; but (And it's not even a language thing) sometimes the scenes skip around so much (Likely because certain scenes 'really' aren't that fleshed out yet) that I reload the prior scene to reread and still get lost.

For example: I am on my way to school; almost get hit by a car and then get in the car with them. . . Asking no questions apparently.
    They then get a call about someone needing help so now I'm in an alley. They then race away to find the person, leaving me alone. So then they're gone and new scenes with new characters play in same alley, likely connected. But the transitions feel so disjointed it wasn't until writing this and rereading the scene 3 times that I realized it was.
    All this is in a span of about 40-50 text lines.

The thing is, the characters and the designs seem really really good. And with the above example I gave on vagueness, honestly I think it all could be resolved with just more text, give me some more dialog in the car explaining to the MC what is happening so I don't feel like I just skipped a chapter in a book. Double the length of the first day so characters aren't all just introduced with 2-3 lines of dialog and then disappear to make way for the next.

Still following this game to see where it goes; it has potential, but I think it needs to slow down its pacing a bit. Flesh out current scenes more and then add new ones.

Edit: Just realized the other two reviews are basically parroting me, so want to say to the creator, if they read this DO NOT GIVE UP on this project. Hoping that with the next few patches and fattening of the beginning this becomes something great!
  2. 2.00 star(s)

bobbybiggerplays2

This game has some great characters and the dialogue is pretty good, but the plot is a total mess. I keep waiting for the updates to settle the game into a groove but the dev just keeps going on tangents. You are constantly being introduced to new half-baked storylines and characters.

The dev probably just watched a Tarantino movie and so he goes on this whole tangent at a bar with mercenaries that makes no sense. Before that you meet this succubus woman drugging you. Before that you're young man trying to navigate a new school and home. Its very frustrating to play and the updates are small with long gaps between them.

Right now I don't believe this game will ever find its stride. 2 stars.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Antoon

v0.1b So, 4 stars based on potential.
    There's not a lot of content yet: one grinding animation with a randon perverted lady in the subwaytrain.
    It's still in it's early stages of development, so it's too early to judge but for now this will be my review.
    Almost everything seems average, the character personalities, the story (some standard tragic story with a tinge of mystery in it), character design (i like them, but that's depends on personal taste and it's nothing we haven't seen before) and english (well it's not perfect, but still better than mine, i guess). The reason i still gave 4 stars and not 3, is because the writer still managed to create some sexual tension with the storysetting and writing skills. Seems the dev will go for the "the mc is a bit of a wuss but grows into a man like his cool big brother depending on your choices", i guess this is part has something to do with the avoidable NTR. And i kinda like that.

Conclusion: if you don't expect much, there will be a chance that you'll be surprised? something like that. I expect that eventually this game will be fabable and that's the most imported thing imo.

For the dev. I noticed a slight delay during the conversations when switching between characters. It sounds like nitpicking, but it's irritating. Also the gorilla-girl (with the green-white sport outfit) design is not really good. Maybe changing her hair would make a difference, thanks.