Mod Ren'Py Last Human Name mod

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020

Overview:
Simple mod that allows to rename MC's surname at the start of the game. So to apply this you need to start anew.
Mod is always published AFTER public release of the game.​

Updated:
Game/Creator: Last Human / N2TheFire
Modder: Powerack
Mod Version: 0.6a
Game Version: 0.6a
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:

Last edited:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021

Overview:
Simple mod that allows to rename MC's surname at the start of the game. So to apply this you need to start anew.​

Updated:
Game/Creator: N2TheFire
Modder: Powerack
Mod Version: 0.5
Game Version: 0.5
Language: English

Features:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:
Hi,
I installed the mod as directed, but there is no choice at the start of my NEW game to change the last name (surname)...I only get to change the first name (Mike). Then the game starts the story with MC still having his last name as Trent.

Last edited:

Jaxxar

Aug 29, 2021
Hi,
I installed the mod as directed, but there is no choice at the start of my NEW game to change the last name (surname)...I only get to change the first name (Mike). Then the game starts the story with MC still having his last name as Trent.
I had the same issue and I resolved it by going into the game/scripts folder and deleting all the files and then inserting the new files from the mod.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I had the same issue and I resolved it by going into the game/scripts folder and deleting all the files and then inserting the new files from the mod.
Thanks for the info.... But I'm now to far into the story, at the point of not wanting to restart again to change MC's last name. Thanks though.

Fallen Branch

Mar 1, 2020
(Current version is v0.5)
The problem is that the mod is encrypted while the base game is not and renpy is prioritising the unencrypted files.

So, DELETE THE "[Where you put de VN]/LastHuman/game/scripts" FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING THIS MOD or this mod will do absolutly nothing

Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
(Current version is v0.5)
The problem is that the mod is encrypted while the base game is not and renpy is prioritising the unencrypted files.

So, DELETE THE "[Where you put de VN]/LastHuman/game/scripts" FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING THIS MOD or this mod will do absolutly nothing
Yup was my issue also.
Fixed that and added new unencrypted files to the mod, and added new download links.

Thanks for the mod Powerack (y)

Reactions: Fallen Branch

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
I apologize for not including the source code *.RPY files into archive. Didn't even think about it when I was done editing and testing on my local copy of the game and packed up the wrong type of files by mistake. Thanks Twistty for the fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
A new update is out hope you could look into this when you get a chance.
I did update the mod to 0.6a (Ep. 3) and it's out now. Checking if there are any bugs, but looks like it's okay this time.

Last edited:

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
The game's save files don't work. The saves were created with the mod in use. The game now wont except the same games.

Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "D:\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
LastHuman 0.6a
Thu Oct 19 00:25:04 2023
```

uhboy

Jul 25, 2021
same as above, got a old save from ep1 working but on some places it replaces last name whit "Captain [sname] " instead of "Captain Tent"
i use the original last name but different first name, first name works fine everywhere it look like

starting a new game, skipping to ep2 fix it, also tested to change the last name and skipped to ep2 and it works fine, so right now it a "easy" fix but the longer the game gets it might add problems

text.png

top one is new game, skip to ep 2, the other one is ep 1 save used

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
I did check on variables and they are the same. Try download the actual version of the game and this mod. Loading old save where there is no mod in use MAY and WILL cause some errors. This mod do not handle change of the first name so you don't need it if you want play as someone with surname Trent.
Well, nobody else said anything about catching errors. Also I advise that you unpack game into new folder. Do not overwrite the old version.