Ren'Py Latest Ren'Ry and OS X

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
OK - I have been using Ren'Py SDKs since 6.99 to create Mac versions of PC games, but have - in the last2 days - found that I cannot launch them at all anymore. I have an older MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 and have never had an issue. I couldn't seem to find a discussion thread on the Pen'Py home page where I could ask this, so thought I'd try this here. Any ideas? I've tried 7.3.5, 7.4.8 and 7.4.10 and it just closes with the send a report to Apple. No real reason for the failure...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
OK - I have been using Ren'Py SDKs since 6.99 to create Mac versions of PC games, but have - in the last2 days - found that I cannot launch them at all anymore. I have an older MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 and have never had an issue. I couldn't seem to find a discussion thread on the Pen'Py home page where I could ask this, so thought I'd try this here. Any ideas? I've tried 7.3.5, 7.4.8 and 7.4.10 and it just closes with the send a report to Apple. No real reason for the failure...
There's a on Ren'py github page, with many answers regarding your problem.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Tried moving installations to the Applications folder, but same errors. Ren'Py just quits unexpectedly, and generates a report to send to Apple. Again, tried different versions with no joy. Damn. I must be following 100s of different VNs right now...

Thanks for the reply.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Most of what anne O'nymous referred to seems to be pointing to the Ren'py application itself. As I understand it, you're talking about _games_ built with older Ren'py versions? If I were you, I'd post this over on and see if they can help you.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Yeah had the same problem in my old MBP ... My work around is and can run the latest sdk again