Latest updates ... how to get game added?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
How do I request that my game get added to the Latest Updates section? I did an update request, but it was kicked because I went through and put all of the new links in the OP. Can I get direction (or direct me to the thread where this is discussed)? Thanks so much.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
If you update the op with the new links report the thread and say you've updated the links and would like the thread to be promoted. If the links are in the comment section report said post and say "new version".

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
@TCMS OH! The darn REPORT button! I wish things were more intuitive around here. I thought the report button was when you wanted to report bad things, not because you needed something to be updated. Now I know. There really needs to be a step by step somewhere on here on the things to do for new game developers. And if it's already hiding on this massive site, I need to know where it is.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
@TCMS OH! The darn REPORT button! I wish things were more intuitive around here. I thought the report button was when you wanted to report bad things, not because you needed something to be updated. Now I know. There really needs to be a step by step somewhere on here on the things to do for new game developers. And if it's already hiding on this massive site, I need to know where it is.
Well with the amount of users we have, and thus the increase in content we reached a point where it was not a viable method to think that staff members or uploaders could cover all threads, so reporting became an easy way to get attention for new updates posted on the site, but it's still mainly used to report content that is against our rules.

And about the step by step or guidelines it's in the work for the next major update on the site :)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I guess that's the reason for this button is to report peoples doing shit, but who says it can't be used otherwise^^

edit: too slow :/

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I guess that's the reason for this button is to report peoples doing shit, but who says it can't be used otherwise^^

edit: too slow :/
I love how you are always lurking around the corner somewhere. Somewhat like your avatar.

Reactions: recreation