RPGM - Completed - Le Dernier Saint Chevalier [Final] [Chihiro]

1. 5.00 star(s)

HunterYL

The game is just perfect, sadly there is no more sequel.

Downside of this game is the enemy power scaling is too ridiculous, even best equipment with level 99 can be one combo killed by last boss, the only way to kill the boss is using the reflection magic and keep spamming the extra turn skill, the equipment should be the ring that give extra turn so you can win the final fight.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Cesco

Great amount of content and preg variations. From my playtime (wasn’t able to find a way around it) The ONLY downside to this game is that there is a finite amount of battle loses you can do for your character before she becomes completely corrupted and ends your game early. And I didn’t like that.

My ending should be determined by how corrupted she gets at the end, not forcing me to start the cycle all over again when I hits this invisible quota. What’s the point of exploring your game‘s content then? killed my enjoyment for this game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

abao

Pretty good CG. Not amazing, but pretty far above average. Pregnancy is also a mechanic instead of just a gameover event, since the penalty for a lost battle is just wasting one in-game day. (There's no time limit, but there is upkeep).

Pretty good gameplay, in which you have to manage the security of the town, the development of your character, and actually progressing. There's no real rush if you take it slow, but if you don't like grinding, the tempo of the game is just challenging enough to be fun, but easy enough so you don't actually get stuck.

Sadly, the good news ends here. The final chapter requires virginity, and is a massive jump in enemy stats. You'll have to grind extra hard to beat the final boss. On the bright side, all the good CGs you get to see without having to beat that final chapter, but it just leaves a bad taste to not being able to "win".

Overall, great game, great fap, I'd give it 4.5 stars but eh, f95zone system. It's definitely better than a 4 star.

Edit: The review above by Cesco is mistaken. There's a threat rating and wall durability stat in your stat sheet that all gameplay elements revolves around, and that's the mentioned game over condition. The game explains it pretty well too.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

There is no story for at least the first four hours. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Outside of "The male knighthood is your rivals and challenge your authority" - which is effectively two battles and done. Seriously this game is LACKING in the story department.

Instead of equipment shops, upgrade technology.
    Instead of inns, spend money on the walls.
    Instead of treasure chests you find, its expeditions for others to find.

This is just a repackaging of the standard RPG formula disguised as town management.

Also even if you're level 99, enemies can rip off your clothing and rape you (which locks you into the bad ending)

The good ending requires virginity, which discourages looking for scenes.

I can go on for hours but here's the scoop - I cannot recommend this.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Mirae01

Game has a decent context but seems to be missing a lot of interactions, it also reused several CG's again and again. Character expressions are great, getting r*ped has consequences for those into that, translation is decent enough to finish the game without concerns.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

GoonerM96

It has a decent art, funny dialogues, and a management system which is kinda cool. Also, the battle mechanic is pretty well made, so it felt like I'm really playing for the purpose of playing a legit RPG game. But, the fact of the matter is...this game is grindy, and getting beaten down slows your progress even more. So, if you don't want to have a bad time, the main protagonist should remain as a virgin which means you won't have a good time which creates a paradox that makes you run the virgin route first, and then do your thing on the NG+ or you could just enjoy watching the recollection room...which I think kinda defeats the purpose of playing h-games. By the way, I think the management system felt like I'm not really managing anything because it was too easy to manage on the virgin route so there's that. It could have been better.
    Score: 3.5/5
  7. 2.00 star(s)

James Boner

Had high expectation from the management system and the main story. Must say I've been disappointed. The game has an Order system which can be reduced which reduce the town security everytime. Even though that looks promising, you only get 1 scene out of each order lowering (there's 5) and that's about it.

Pros:
    Translation is decent.
    Interesting management system (at least the concept of it)

Cons:
    Scenes are boring and feels plain.
    Ingame rape is always the same with no vatiations.
    Really few scenes.
    Game is grindy and get ridiculously hard as soon as you get pin down (when you achieve to escape, you can't make a move cause ennemy have the first move most of the time)
    Corruption is inexistent (at least it was to the point I decided to quit): she get raped but never change opinion about sex.
    There's way too much drawbacks from loosing the virginity which makes the game non enjoyable and it's quite ironic since this is an H game. Who would play H games for not having some H at some point ???

Anyway, couldn't recommend this game, but I do hope people get inspired by the management system to make new games.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Reversedh

This is a good game but you'll have to grind quite a lot due to how stupidly strong the enemies are. Unlike other RPG, this game is a combination of casual fantasy and management game, which means the player has to both farming the enemies, quests while leading the city.

Story: You will play as a princess knight who want to defeat the demon lord while managing your city. Each of your choice will heavily affect the game and some can actually lead you to a no way back route, like seriously there's no way for you to win a normal route without the virgin status and it will be an instant lost at the final boss, so STAY VIRGIN, NO HORNY.

Gameplay: has a really good idea and set up. However, because the DEV wanted to combine 2 different genres, everything will look half-baked.

At one hand, they want a fantasy game with those quests, corruption things and exploring the world. However, the enemies in this game is so strong and smart till the point they can spot you 2-3 walk away, then they will run and combat you like the Flash. Usually this is nothing right ? But it will become a thing when there are like 2-3 of them every 5 step which means you can't hardly avoid the battle. Another point is that you usually can't find any gears or upgrade skills in this game. All of them must be through a "research" system and it requires quite amount of money --> Most of the time you'll have to do quests with equal or lower level than the enemies in order to farm money for those gears.
    On the other hand, the management part isn't that good and some can be annoying. Although there are demons and slum part, there aren't many stuffs you can do beside building a wall and send teams to explore. This makes you feel like those management stuffs are really annoying because some of them are just there to waste time and quite pointless. They're all fall for the quote "Because everything is in this game so nothing can actually shine"

CG: Decent and so many recycle. Like for most parts you can only see the same old scenes but with different lines. There's also no variety in those scenes, most of them are just pure rape with a bunch of men, crying faces and ... pointless lines ? (like no, help, leave her alone, save me....) So if you're asking me after those grind, is the CG worth it ? I would say that ...NO.... because here's the reason VIRGIN plays a really really big role in this game.

Without the virgin buff, you can't use one of the best sword in this game, the enemies are stronger and you will instantly lose to the final boss. However, if you play virgin route,... you can't see the scene ? But if you choose the other route,... prepare for those grind fest (like there's a boss with 100.000 hp) So my best advise is that play the virgin route first then take all of them to a NG+ or find a file save for that because trust me, playing pure corruption route without previous file save is pure chaos.

Overall, this can be a really good game with the idea of combining 2 different genres (management and casual RPG). Although things can be hard, there's a walkthrough in the file and everything can be easily avoid with that. If you're looking for something new, something challenging then.. this is it. This is the jam.

HAVE A GOOD DAY
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Diangelius

This game is pretty grindy and it takes a lot of time to level up your MC (if you're too weak, it's hard to advance in new chapter) and to level up all technology. But try to max all technology for better outcomes and easier-to-breathe gameplay. One easy-to-breathe thing about this game though, is that you don't have to spend currency on utility items. All techs will provide you with weapons, accessories, items, etc.

Monsters in this game are quite sensitive. Their spotting range is 2 blocks away while walking, and 3 blocks away when running. Once they spot you, they oddly run fast as f***, really hard to dodge, dungeons are oddly narrow, so it feels like these were all designated so you gotta fight against them all. Try to level up magic tech to obtain "Invisibility" ability to avoid them.

This game has no indication of corruption. If you want to get the good endings, try to keep MC a virgin. Otherwise, she would be just too weak for that ending. Honest advice: Try to get good ending first, because all H-scenes will be unlocked after you finish so don't worry about missing them.

Overall this game has sufficient elements of a RPG game. The difficulty is not outrageous either. Very simple story with typical problems-arisen-and-we-solve events but the ending is quite surprising. Don't open the spoiler if you SERIOUSLY don't wanna get spoiled.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Seamonkey

Ok there is a fair bit to say about this game.

The gameplay is broadly split into two heavily interconnected parts. The management of your city resources, where you dedicate the resources and time of the knightly order the protagonist assumes leadership of towards various tasks such as expeditions, research and training. This process can procure more consumables, better equipment and new techniques for the protagonist to use on missions. These missions are where story progress is mostly made and can have knock on effects on the city management and consist of navigating maps while engaging in standard rpg battles and completing on map objectives and minor puzzles to aid your progress.
    There are various stats of the city itself reflecting things like income, public order, current unrest and the strength of the city walls. Juggling all these stats day by day to prevent negative outcomes while trying to make steady progress is the bulk of the gameplay. There is more than enough research and training to be done that you could easily reach the end of the game before you have completed them all.
    All of these factors make the game an interesting exercise with the interconnectedness of its aspects encouraging engaging with all of it, however if you like only one side of the game the need to engage with the other may make it less enjoyable to you so if you are only a fan of one half of the games constituent genres then be aware of that possibility.

The games difficulty is decent for the most part, it displays a difficulty curve that can at times be a bit odd with sudden leaps but if you are keeping up with research and doing some grinding while research is progressing you should get through most of the game just fine with the game providing a moderate challenge. My main exceptions to this would be that while many of the puzzles, whether on map or puzzle bosses will generally have some kind of NPC giving a hint as to the solution (albeit sometimes rather roundabout ones) there are some like the one when you are being warped around the forest where there is no discernible pattern so I ended up brute forcing it. There are also some 'gotcha' moments where the game will spring encounters more difficult than they should be on the difficulty curve, these are optional as long as you avoid the trigger areas and you would avoid them until you are higher level and better equipped if you are attempting a pure run.
    My last gripe on the difficulty curve would be the final boss on the pure route, while I will avoid giving to much details for obvious reasons it represents a sharp spike in difficulty so you would likely have to grind out levels and research if you want to succeed. Generally if you ever reach a stage in the story where you are on top of the city management stats it may be a good idea to grind levels and research while you can as it may save you some frustration later on.
    If you reach a end in the game you can elect to restart the game with all your resources levels and research and training progress intact which can help if you want to try out multiple different routes before trying the true end.

The translation of the game is an machine translation but it has obviously been subject to a thorough tidying up by a human and is completely understandable. Across my playthrough I have not run into a single issue and if I hadn't found the information saying it was a machine translation I would genuinely would have assumed it was human done translation. So for those who are hesitant due to it being an MTL I would encourage at least giving it a try.

The graphics in terms of character designs and CG's I would say are appealing but I recognise this is wholly subjective so I will instead say that there is a consistency of quality across the game with the technical quality of the drawings remaining the same throughout as far as I have seen.

The lewd content of the game is predominantly focused on forced or coerced content along with minor elements of corruption/ pregnancy. Scenes can be gained through failures in either portion of the game with some even having lasting impacts on the rest of the games cast and even the whole city. There is a decent variety of scenes from what I had scene messing about on my first (failed) run and the game does a consistent job of having scenes react to the characters other actions like acknowledging if the character is a virgin, how they lost it etc.

The story of the game is fairly standard but on the whole solid, the characters can be a bit one note at times but there characterisation is pretty consistent and they are all likable enough. The game manages to capture the feel of the protagonist and the knightly order she leads being plucky underdogs against a cruel world pretty well. A lot of the story details can at times make you wonder how the city survived at all up to this point with how incompetent and malicious the periphery cast are at times (it is a corruption game after all), but this is addressed for the most part by both the actions of the protagonist's predecessor as well as some late game plot details that I will not spoil.
    I personally found the late game 'revelation' (some details of it are referenced early on but only learned in character later) and the impact it had on the ending of the pure route to be on the whole unsatisfactory and it would of been a much more satisfying ending if they had just played the genre tropes straight rather than going for that twist in my personal opinion.

In summary a good and substantial game with plenty of actual gameplay to go alongside the lewd content, sadly tied down a little by some weird game design choices in terms of difficulty and some disheartening story choices towards the end.

Note: Also if you are trying for the pure route either save really often or use the guide included with the game. The game is built around the presumption you will likely fail your first few tries so can be fairly mean with springing hard fights as mentioned above.