leak discussions

Kezza329

Jan 30, 2023
if a leak *not posted by staff*, gets leaked on a thread, can the developer ask for it to be removed? of course we know what site this is. however, alot of pirating sites do offer that opportunity if asked (not all). im wondering if this site offers the opportunities for conversations to take place, between the devs and staff on f95, to have a leaked build link removed? or are they merciless about it?

general conversation btw. im aware of what kind of site this is. im just curious

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
It goes even so far, that when a dev removes a leaked game from their game's thread they have ownership over, the dev will lose the ownership.
Small clarification so people don't misunderstand, thread ownership just means we can edit the OP. If we don't add links to the OP, a mod/uploader will. If we remove those links, we lose ownership.

Kezza329

Jan 30, 2023
crazy when you think about it. alot of pirate sites ive used will openly remove threads if the dev requests it.

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
The best we can do is tell the uploader (who will contact us before transferring ownership of the thread) that we disagree with the pirating. They will then add an addendum in the original post saying that we don't agree and that you should support us on patreon/substar/steam/etc.

I told my uploader that I would not leak anything I asked my subscribers for money. They said that was fine, but if something is leaked I can't remove the links. Since I can't stop F95, I might as well take ownership of the thread and work with my audience as much as I work for my audience.

Reactions: morphnet