Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
LOF_SM_Cover.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Leap Of Faith
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.
As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The Latest SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development.

It is highly recommended you run via your secondary graphics processor (not your integrated), instructions below.

NOTE: Read the extra installation notes here for the best experience and maximum old save compatibility.
It is also MANDATORY for the "SanchoMod SE OG Audio Edition".

Updated: 09-11-2022
Game/Creator: Leap Of Faith / DriftyGames / - - -
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v1.0.1s & v1.0.1se (both Steam compatible)
Game Version: Ch8 1.0.1c or 1.0.1s
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Guide for Opportunities, Phone Tasks, Optional Tasks, Nuke Posts, and more.
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

There are two versions.
Neither is an "add-on" to the other
Both versions: Steam LCN 16017246
SanchoMod GUI/Features
LoF SM B03b5.jpg LoF SM B03b3.jpg LoF SM B03b4.jpg LoF SM B02d.jpg LoF SM B03b1.jpg LoF SM B03b2.jpg
LoF SM B02f.jpg LoF SM B02ga.jpg LoF SM B02gb.jpg LoF SM B02gc.jpg LoF SM B02gd.jpg
Dynamic ChoiceGuide / TaskGuide Examples
LoF SM B01e1.jpg LoF SM B01e2.jpg LoF SM B01e5d.jpg
LoF SM B01d2j.jpg LoF SM B01e5c.jpg

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reserved for pending FAQ

I'll start by saying this is one of my favorite titles and I monetarily support the dev (under a different pseudonym). Because of this I took exhaustive time and care in coding to allow the mod to get out of the way during those "dramatic" moments and step in with glory during the "highs". It's not perfect and will be refined over time but I hope you'll agree it's a very good start.

The mod in it's current state is one of the most advanced SanchoMod ports I've submitted publicly. You see Drifty gets much inspiration from PinkCake and from that inherits some rather unorthodox scripting. This was the most challenging but seeing how I've already developed on PinkCake's work before I at least had ways to deal with it. Because of this the original code is not the most efficient so I took the liberty of cleaning up some of the code, mostly for my own benefit to make the mod port easier. Anyway, enough of that boring blabbering, let's dig in:

The main newest feature sets in the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom. New bonus feature - adjust dialogue font size and dialogue box opacity while in game via [Alt+(ArrowKeys)].
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity. New bonus feature - Scene filters by character and/or scene type available as desired.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater.
  7. TaskGuide found on Page 1 of the MiniStat screen
I'll address each and other VN specific features in detail in this post (which is currently being drafted). I'll update this post periodically with those details and deep-dive into explanations as necessary.

Until then, please enjoy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Known Issues (issues known but not yet resolved):
  • Currently N/A
Resolved Issues (issues fixed and currently pending next mod update pushed to upload):
  • MO's (Missed Opportunities) in Chapter 1 are being changed to Chapter 2 in the last 2 scenes of Chapter 1 (Stephs Apt scene and the first Bridge scene) due to the in-game clock not being correctly accounted for.
  • Lexi's MO in Chapter 1 (choice "Beautiful"/"Joke") is incorrect in the dynamic ChoiceGuide. The MO is set if chosen "Beautiful", not "Joke".
Added Features (features coded in and currently pending next mod update being push to upload):
  • Currently N/A

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Now any of my saves, work!
Please clarify, they do or don't. If they don't then they are not OEM saves but saves where you used another mod and there's nothing I can do about that. Any saves that are from base VN only will work 100%.
The game always crashes as soon it hits the "welcome" text from drifty
Then you did not install correctly. Please see OP for installation instructions and verify the directory structure.

Regards.

Reactions: Jet_Pilot

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How can i switch on the walktrough mod in game?
It's on by default, but the toggle can be found in two places, both the MiniMenu and SanchoOptions. Fastest way is click on the MiniMenu (bottom-right) and it opens the menu, then verify that "ChoiceGuide" is green (on). Red is (off). That's it. The 5th pic, top row in OP shows the MiniMenu open fwiw.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for this! its one of my favourite vn's too
You're welcome. Please enjoy, I poured a ton of hours into it and added several features beyond the standard SanchoMod since I feel this VN deserves it. Regards.

Reactions: thorin0815

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Clean game with mod, fresh start, tested twice, if using 'auto' then when it reaches the end of Chapter 1 it will jump back to the main title screen. If advancing manually, it proceeds to chapter 2.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Clean game with mod, fresh start, tested twice, if using 'auto' then when it reaches the end of Chapter 1 it will jump back to the main title screen. If advancing manually, it proceeds to chapter 2.
Have you tested that without the mod? I ask because I don't tamper with any of the the ending nor beginning code whatsoever....actually the only OEM code I modify is the dialogue scripts, all the other code is custom/non-OEM.

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021
Sancho1969 Dude the mod is perfect like always.
I took a look at the WT and the gallery and noticed there is no scene for chapter 6,I wanted to ask that are you sure there are no scenes for chapter 6?

Reactions: stoern76

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Dude the mod is perfect like always.
I took a look at the WT and the gallery and noticed there is no scene for chapter 6,I wanted to ask that are you sure there are no scenes for chapter 6?
Hey Blaze. Pretty sure bud...it's the "dark" chapter. I'll double-check though.

Edit: Gah! I fucked up...missed the whole chapter of lewd. I'll work it out...thanks bud

Note: Need to add Ch6 Lewds of Linda, Cece, Kira, and Robin. I see those 4 scenes, if anyone knows of another then ping me and I'll stop current project and get to coding them in.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Added missing Ch6 scenes to SanchoGallery, compiled, tested, uploaded, and OP link updated.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
will i have to start a new game all over my current saves are with oscar's mod?
I truly don't know, I've never played the mod. Most times it depends on where your save state is. For instance if it's at a menu choice then most other mods save the script state so that it's borked if the mod is no longer present. SanchoMod doesn't work that way. If your save is during any scene other than a menu choice selection screen then it may very well work for you. There's one surefire way to find out...

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Scene gallery click and error.
Please install SanchoMod on a clean copy of the VN. The VN nor SanchoMod has a directory named "mod_additions". You installed either on top of another game or a previously modded version of LoF.
1641556918341.png

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes