VN Learning how to make visual novel.

Mar 17, 2019
I am interest in to making visual novel. But, I do not know anything about it. Can you reccomend me where to start, like what programming language i should learn first?

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
I am interest in to making visual novel. But, I do not know anything about it. Can you reccomend me where to start, like what programming language i should learn first?
is a Python based Engine which provides a basic framework to create VNs, not really hard to learn how to work with it.

But it doesn't generate images. You need to generate the images you use for this with other means and just link them into your script. And creating the images is the really hard thing.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019
is a Python based Engine which provides a basic framework to create VNs, not really hard to learn how to work with it.

But it doesn't generate images. You need to generate the images you use for this with other means and just link them into your script. And creating the images is the really hard thing.
Is renpy free?

Deleted member 5954819

Beyond Tomorrow
Game Developer
Mar 31, 2023
Before you get interested in Ren'Py, I would rather recommend you get interested in Daz Studio and Blender (Blender is not mandatory; it depends on how far you want to go). A lot of people are really good at working with Ren'Py and coding, but their visuals look like they're from 2005. After all, it's a "visual novel,", not a "text novel," so the visuals matter quite a bit (not to everyone), but considering that we live in 2023, the visual side of your game should also correspond to it. Visuals are definitely the most challenging part of the whole game creation process, so I recommend them first.

Reactions: Calista-Guerrilla