Learning Ren'py by making an incest game for you fappers.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Okay, on the suggestion of Palanto Games which he probably doesn't remember. "Nevermind he just replied, he does." . I think I'm going to make using the Ren'py engine. As much as I love twine I'm basically reinventing the wheel here. Ren'py has a pretty decent system and I might be able to do the things I want to do in that game. Plus now I can add sound effects and shaky cam which I couldn't do in Twine. I'm going to have to put my space adventure on hold for a tiny bit so I can learn Ren'py. But how I learn is by making games. So I'm making an incest game for all you fucks. I'll just make it for these waters but it's only so I can learn Ren'py.

The script is done (dialogue) it's about 100 or more exchanges between the father and daughter. I made 12 images so far just to get the morning scene done, I'm just working on the breakfast scene now. I'm trying to keep it 12 images per time of day to keep it contained. Work in a box you know, you have 12 images to make me FAP sort of thing.

bg morning13.jpg

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Okay, on the suggestion of Palanto Games which he probably doesn't remember. "Nevermind he just replied, he does." . I think I'm going to make using the Ren'py engine. As much as I love twine I'm basically reinventing the wheel here. Ren'py has a pretty decent system and I might be able to do the things I want to do in that game. Plus now I can add sound effects and shaky cam which I couldn't do in Twine. I'm going to have to put my space adventure on hold for a tiny bit so I can learn Ren'py. But how I learn is by making games. So I'm making an incest game for all you fucks. I'll just make it for these waters but it's only so I can learn Ren'py.

The script is done (dialogue) it's about 100 or more exchanges between the father and daughter. I made 12 images so far just to get the morning scene done, I'm just working on the breakfast scene now. I'm trying to keep it 12 images per time of day to keep it contained. Work in a box you know, you have 12 images to make me FAP sort of thing.

View attachment 62428
Good luck with your game!

Reactions: Palanto

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017

Gonna leave this here too, so that anyone who stumbles on this thread can watch. If you're a quick study it'll give you everything you need to start coding in Ren'Py. After that there's a wonderful community here on the forums and also the developer hub that can help you with specific aspects of your code. Have fun creators.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Alright, take your time learning all those things :) It helps at least reading the documentation one time in full length :) You won't understand everything of it right away, but you'll remember most of it by the time you actually need it (At least you'll remember where to look in the documentation to find the stuff :D )

And most importantly: Have fun! ;)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017

Gonna leave this here too, so that anyone who stumbles on this thread can watch.
Be careful while learning Python, Ren'py use Python 2.x while a lot of guide, this video included, teach you Python 3.x. The base is the same, but there's few differences which will make you feel sad because whatever you try, it doesn't works at all like expected.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Be careful while learning Python, Ren'py use Python 2.x while a lot of guide, this video included, teach you Python 3.x. The base is the same, but there's few differences which will make you feel sad because whatever you try, it doesn't works at all like expected.
Good advice, thanks for that. Luckily I haven't run into that problem yet, but I'll keep that in mind if I ever do.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Good advice, thanks for that. Luckily I haven't run into that problem yet, but I'll keep that in mind if I ever do.
As long as you keep in mind that there's some differences, it's not a problem. I wasn't really careful when I started myself and lost two days figuring what was wrong with (well don't really remember what) before finding that in fact the same method does two different thing in Python 2.x and Python 3.x.
So, once you've checked that you should works, check , just in case it's the problem.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Yesterday I did nothing on the game. My cat is pretty much dying in my arms and oh my lord my heart is breaking.. Or I may have a clogged artery, I should go to the doctor...

Anywho. I've been playing a lot of dreams of desire. still not feeling the models. Mine are not better in any stretch but still not feeling them. DoD is still fappable obviously. In my quest to learn Ren'py I'm going to add my first choice in the game. To peek at your daughter in the shower or to ignore and do your business. It won't have any consequences cause you know, learning and stuff.

Like I said the script is done "Dialogue" I'm a dialogue writer. But all the filler crap is where I lack. Like all the inner monologue stuff or set up stuff. Basically the crap that immerses you in the world. (i.e. You've taken your daughter on a three day vacation to the beach. Since she's moving off to college in a few more years you thought it would be nice to start a tradition just between you and her. A father daughter three day getaway if you will.) After that I space out and blank on where to go. I wrote the dialogue in two hours max. That little bit above took me 30 minutes. Engrish not so good ya know.

I'm gonna work on the bathroom scene now. Images that is. Content is king as they say.

Thanks to everyone chatting with me and throwing some wisdom my way. I knew we fellow pirates had a code of honor..

(i just know one of you bastards is gonna steal my shit and throw me overboard, i just know it...)

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Yesterday I did nothing on the game. My cat is pretty much dying in my arms and oh my lord my heart is breaking.. Or I may have a clogged artery, I should go to the doctor...

Anywho. I've been playing a lot of dreams of desire. still not feeling the models. Mine are not better in any stretch but still not feeling them. DoD is still fappable obviously. In my quest to learn Ren'py I'm going to add my first choice in the game. To peek at your daughter in the shower or to ignore and do your business. It won't have any consequences cause you know, learning and stuff.

Like I said the script is done "Dialogue" I'm a dialogue writer. But all the filler crap is where I lack. Like all the inner monologue stuff or set up stuff. Basically the crap that immerses you in the world. (i.e. You've taken your daughter on a three day vacation to the beach. Since she's moving off to college in a few more years you thought it would be nice to start a tradition just between you and her. A father daughter three day getaway if you will.) After that I space out and blank on where to go. I wrote the dialogue in two hours max. That little bit above took me 30 minutes. Engrish not so good ya know.

I'm gonna work on the bathroom scene now. Images that is. Content is king as they say.

Thanks to everyone chatting with me and throwing some wisdom my way. I knew we fellow pirates had a code of honor..

(i just know one of you bastards is gonna steal my shit and throw me overboard, i just know it...)
There is a lot to be said for the power of images. I currently have narration describing what happens in a very visual scene. If the artist I've just started working with can accomplish it, I'd like to see if I can tell this whole scene visually, it might have a greater emotional impact.

That said, a character's thoughts and motivations can be a more difficult thing to convey visually, it's why the book is always better than the movie. What I'd suggest is, as you've seen me say before, sit down and decide who your character is, what do they want, why do they want it, how are they likely to accomplish it. Getting to know your own character is key. I don't know about you, but I tend to talk through conversions I'm planning on having before they happen. Not just the big ones, interviews, discussions with authority figures, but the small ones too, things like how I'm gonna approach my brother about asking what we are going to do for dinner.

I feel like that is the key to the inner monologue. This is where you let your character's confidence or insecurities show through. It's where the character lays out in their mind why they act, why they hesitate, why they freeze, or how they argue with themselves for taking an action that they feel is wrong or out of character. Often times when a person freezes they're screaming in their head that they should move, run, fight, do something.

Reactions: Palanto and JDgamer

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Bathroom scene is all but done. Just trying to figure out how to do a pan up animation like i see in Dreams of Desire. Anyone know how to do that???

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
JD go to the developer section there's a stickied thread about a developer discord. I suggest you join. Palanto and I are both there.