3D-Daz Learning the ropes

Aug 2, 2017
Are you using an HDRI with your render, or is it the default one? There are a lot of really high quality HDRI's out there that are great for rendering character portraits. It looks like you don't have any lights in your scene so its using the camera headlamp to render which isn't very good, I would suggest adding some spotlights to your scene to make her pop and create contrast.

This is how I set up my portrait scenes, I use a key light coming from the left and highlight the right with my rim light, and pair it with an HDRI

1565165944836.png

This is the result of this lighting setup

portrait_example.png

Also make sure your rendering devices are setup and you have OptiX prime acceleration on.

1565166571786.png

Setup your optimization tab like mine

1565166657674.png

Setup your filtering like mine as well

1565166711997.png

These are the render settings I use for most of my renders. 98% converged is usually pretty good for a game render considering you need to balance time and efficiency.

1565166822571.png

The light sets i'm using can be found here VVVV They also come with tone mapping presets.

If you have any questions i'll gladly help you out :) Also I like the character!

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
What kind of system do you have? That's the most important question. Second is testing..
I have had SINGLE characters that took 2 hours to finish on a gtx 1070. Ive had complex scenes that completed in 5-10 minutes on the same. Scene optimizer will help. There are a lot of other tricks as well. Having said that.. if you dont have at least a 1060 or 1070 TRY your best to get one. Im waiting til the gamernerds all jump on the "youre not cool without a 2080" bandwagon and start dumping those 1080ti's cheap :D ALSO: Make sure your render isnt dumping to cpu.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Optimizer WILL help. Ya a 660 is way low sorry. I wish everyone interested in 3d could afford a decent gpu.
I wouldnt jump to 2070/80 levels. For rendering the $$ difference isnt worth it. Some people still use 980s etc. You can always let it render while you sleep especially with one of the plugins t hat render everything in a folder..

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
I bought the 2070 after years of not having a desktop PC at all and man it's sweet. I realize it's really expensive, I had to save up for it but it makes rendering so much more fun. Blender is just days away from getting RTX core utilization btw, then it's 40% quicker renders.

Back on topic: That's not a bad start at all! One thing I noticed is the flat nipples, there's a setting in the parameters tab of your character or your smart content that's called something along the lines of "apply nipples" (SC) or "nipple depth" in parameters. Also what cum props are those? They look better than most.

Aug 2, 2017
For some reason my latest render wasn't posted here... MrJago I think I overdid it with the lights this time :D

View attachment 373973
The lighting is a big improvement, doesnt need to be turned down too much, also for renders like these with just the character and prop you can render as a portrait so you dont have all that extra blank space on the sides of your render, it will keep the focus entirely on the character

Grant99999

Jan 8, 2022
Hello. I tried Daz but as a total newb, I am facing many problems setting and importing new models. Do you know where I could find an easy tuto to explain me how to install and use daz models ? Thanks. Grant