learning to make a game?

crmsn7

Aug 7, 2016
If I wanted to learn how to make basic side scroller games like jungle girl how would I go about doing that?

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
For 2d games I recommend Godot and HeartBeast in YouTube for learning how to use this engine if you already know the basics of coding. If not, go with Game Maker, that is a great tool to.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Flash is dead, don't go there.

Gamemaker is a nice tool to start learning, and there's lots of tutorials

If you're already comfortable in terms of tech, but have never made a game before, Unity is a more powerful alternative, that's used in a variety of While it's possible to do it without programming (using visual scripting languages like ), it will be more technically challenging than GM. You can also grab existing frameworks that help get

There's a lot of other alternatives; Godot, as someone mentioned, is quite popular.

Reactions: crmsn7

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Clickteam Fusion, is a no brainer and no coding involved, its possible to make decent games, but when it comes to quality of the game it will depend alot on youre creativity/imagination and art skills obviously. Aswell understanding simple basic fundamentals how functions suppose to work(its not hard at all). You can make jungle girl type of games in 20-30mins easy if not less once you get a hang of it.

Unity, more advanced obviously but once again it is possible to avoid "coding" with some tools such as, playmaker or bolt. Once again it depends how seriuos you wanna go for.

Do some research, but id personally would reccomend just go with clickteam fusion, you will surely get what you want in less then a week. ;)

Good luck !

crmsn7

Aug 7, 2016
Thanks everyone :)

I will learn slowly over time and hopefully upload games here one day.

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Thanks everyone :)

I will learn slowly over time and hopefully upload games here one day.
Yes please do so, dont be afraid to fail, or face creative block at times, thats part of learning. Even if you struggle learning something how to, or even when day comes and you will share with world, and will get ALOT negative response, dont lower hands, just keep pushing forward. If you feel its part of you and you enjoy discovering new things while creating something thats amazing, you will surely know its the right path. Right now its a small hobby but later it can grow into serious thing in life, heads up. ^^