legal

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
download a game?
No one in the adult gaming industry is going to stop you. We don't have the money to do so. And more to the point, it would be counter intuitive. Patreon hides our games from the search engines, the only real advertisement we have is word of mouth. That means people have to play our games, and that means we have to accept piracy. The goal for us, developers that is, is to make a game worth paying for, so that those who have the money to do so can support us, while we go on creating. Only way to have that happen though is if someone plays our games.

That said, no, piracy isn't legal in Germany, but it's only enforceable if we report you, and I can't really do that if I want you to play my game can I?

Reactions: kiteares

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
download a game?
Adding to what @DarthSeduction wrote, there may be certain topics that are allowed on this site that is illegal in Germany.
EG Bestiality is allowed here, but it is illegal in the UK to just have materials containing it. In other words it would be illegal to download a game including it.

There are such things proxy servers.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
No one in the adult gaming industry is going to stop you. We don't have the money to do so. And more to the point, it would be counter intuitive. Patreon hides our games from the search engines, the only real advertisement we have is word of mouth. That means people have to play our games, and that means we have to accept piracy. The goal for us, developers that is, is to make a game worth paying for, so that those who have the money to do so can support us, while we go on creating. Only way to have that happen though is if someone plays our games.
Have to agree

Its a necesary Evil that maybe a thousand people download your game for free but if a hundred of those thousand come back and think hey i liked that lets drop him a pledge it helps the dev in the long run as he /she is getting funds in to continue the project

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Have to agree

Its a necesary Evil that maybe a thousand people download your game for free but if a hundred of those thousand come back and think hey i liked that lets drop him a pledge it helps the dev in the long run as he /she is getting funds in to continue the project
hah, you're more lucky to get 1% than 10.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
hah, you're more lucky to get 1% than 10.
was figurative to make a point.but i can understand devs frustration that they cant go mainstream so have to let the illegal downloads fly to give them some exposure in the hope some people will pick it up and part with some cash to help you out .Supporting 2 games myself atm which i would never have seen or heard of if i didn't frequent the boards here.But then downloading a few that i like but can't support due to cash restrictions.Hell if i could do it i would support them all but RL dictates otherwise.

Reactions: DarthSeduction