DicksInSpace

Jul 8, 2017
i am just going to say i like the side quest and card games and dice alng with the other stuff fishing i don't know but i love what makes an rpg just that. but i am also old school
Would be totally fine if they didn't take up so much development time when the story hasn't really had much progress in like a year

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
truth be told i don't think the fishing and other stuff are side quest. bcause even if you look the side quest are not being worked on nether. i would like to now witch artist is no longer there. 1.2.3.4.5 witch out of those artist are gone.

MARYNOM

Apr 22, 2017
I totally agree.

This is actually one of the reasons why I prefer Siren's Domain's games for example. Siren actually finishes the games she makes. There are monthly "consecutive" updates to her games, each one moving their stories along. The only two caveats to this are that her games are much, much shorter than LoQO (but the VERY NICE tradeoff is that the hentai scenes happen sooner and more frequently), and that she works on multiple titles at once. I think she's got three going on right now: Kingdom of Passion, Zombie's Retreat 2, and House Chores. But again, they each get monthly consecutive updates which is crazy when you compare that to LoQO. (As a sideline shout out, this is also why I like Warlock and Boobs. There's less story content, but the numerous hentai scenes totally make up for it. And there's consistent monthly updates. I just wish the developer wasn't so focused on anal content, but it's something I'll have to put up with lol.)

Listen... I've been following LoQO -before- Origin. Some say Origin started circa 2016/2017, it's been SEVEN years already and there's like no end in sight. This doesn't even take into account Gabe's PREVIOUS games, which are obviously much older. I think I got into the LoQO saga since 2010 IIRC. Maybe even further back than that, but I'll be conservative in my estimate. She's been in this business for a long time, she must be living rather comfortably with her Patreon. That's fine, I got nothing against that, but my issue is exactly what you said. She's so focused on a bunch of side quests and minigames that it seems like LoQO Origin is never gonna get finished. It doesn't help that her game is grindy as hell and doubly troubling is that modders have given up modding as a result. We can only rely on save game editors now, which are finicky as hell.

Sorry for the long rant, just had to get this off my chest since it's been bothering me for a while lol. Simply put, I just wish Gabe would focus on the actual meat and potatoes of LoQO Origin and finish the game. She can (and should) save all the other ideas she has for a future title. I think cramming all of that in Origin is a mistake. And for crying out loud, can she switch over to a newer engine? Game Maker XP... good lord lol.
Well you were off a bit.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

That was about beta release. So we are 10 years in money milking business.

As far as I remember.... about 5 years ago Gabe said game will come out in 3 episodes. Gabe bragged about releasing EP 2-Just before getting on ship for Ice kingdom. So that said.... after "so many" updates there's still only 20-ish minutes of story in game time since that period.

Anotherran

Sep 3, 2021
Question 1: After getting back from from ice continent and getting the Kurai artifact, Old Farah and Opala are supposed to be at Wilheed's location, according to Ra'Tiki. Where is this location? I want to play the Tavern Wench challenge with Old Farah (something I should be able to do, says the guide), but I can't find her location and I don't know if she will move back to the castle before 3.24b ends.

Question 2: Is it possible to play the dice game against Sunny Sue-Ellen? At day she stays with the horses and at night she doesn't want to leave.
Answer 1: The mansion is in Brightstone the city Wilheed is Mayor of next to the Crimson Forest. I haven't paid much mind to the Tavern Wench game so asides from Gabrielle and Bal'rana, I don't know where the others go. It's been a while since I played the story and I haven't gotten to the end of the update on my current NG+ but...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Answer 2: Presently, I don't think it's possible. I believe it's going to be added in a later update.

Reactions: JungleNuts

Zenaye

Apr 15, 2018
Do you guys really like the tavern game ?
There's no reward (only titles) and pressing arrow/space bar for an hour is a pain :s

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i would say the reseon i like them is because some of them have you looking at the girls naked. that is the reward and pay off. because you get to see them when ever you want.

Vladislav4

Sep 22, 2019
First heard of this game in like before the 2020's and I find out it's somehow still in development, what in the name of scope creep happened here lmao

handok24

Jul 19, 2022
Well you were off a bit.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

That was about beta release. So we are 10 years in money milking business.

As far as I remember.... about 5 years ago Gabe said game will come out in 3 episodes. Gabe bragged about releasing EP 2-Just before getting on ship for Ice kingdom. So that said.... after "so many" updates there's still only 20-ish minutes of story in game time since that period.
this game and summertime dev has something in common.Good quality and good at milking the cow

3.70 star(s) 74 Votes