VN - Ren'Py - Lesson in Loyalty [Ch.3] [Lesson in Loyalty]

1. 3.00 star(s)

SonnyG932

Hmmm... So in full honesty I tried this game out to see if it was as bad as the reviews made it out to be and found the game to be........quite simple. Nothing really intricate going on here. It's kinda a "meh" game as it is now. Let's look deeper.

So the game is missing some tags. NTR is debatable but seeing as the women who are I guess GOING to be the LI's are ALL married, and some of them are with their husbands actively and some husbands have gone away, but they're all in relationships of some form or another, at least making this neotare. Game needs a cheating tag as well. You could even hit it with multiple protagonists as you make decisions for one of the women at one point. So if you're walking into this thinking you're going to be picking up single women or even single mother's, you got the wrong game.

The story itself is simple as well until you start poking holes in the logic. A down on his luck man is a tutor who works for a private tutoring company, and doesn't have any clients until he runs into an old female friend, who introduces him to some friends of hers who just so happen to need a tutor for their children. Simple enough. Except one seems to be a semi famous "Instagram model" and the other just a housewife. He registers them with his company once they agree to hire him as their child's tutor and picks up another. The MC also works at a gym where he's in "competition" with another gym bro as a personal trainer. He struggles to get clients there until his luck turns around. Then feeling better he gets a bit more bold with the women around him.

That's it, that's pretty much the story as it stands now. He tutors kids, flirts back when the mother's or married women flirt with him, and talks to himself in his mind. Simple right? His tutor company boss seems to give him crap for the fun of it from time to time, meanwhile the gym boss is cool. The old friend is also married but there may be trouble in paradise in the future. You can decide to support her relationship or not a BIT as both the MC and the player. That's it from the story without spoilers.

Now onto the characters. I just finished this game and I can say in about a day or two I won't remember ANY of these characters. Lemme start by saying they LOOK nice. I like the models and the body types, mostly thick, none really slender at this point in time. Mature women that look like they're in their late 20's or 30's though so not really the age they present themselves as. But yeah you can break characters down into nice, and mean, really. Most characters like the MC, the girls flirt with him, building his confidence until he flirts back. All the kids seem to like the MC except the newest one who we haven't really dealt with yet. The ones who are mean are I guess the "antagonists" but they're kinda weak. I can't even remember the other PT name, which is why I referred to him as a "gym bro".

None of the characters really stand out from one another just things like looks and whether they like the MC or not are the memorable factors. How about the MC himself? Well most things just come to him. His old friend helps him get his first clients and then she and the clients themself help him get more. I don't know why he's in a company if the company is not helping him get clients? But I'm guessing they take a cut of his earnings with these clients he DOES have? Pretty confusing. At the gym, he gets a client that CHOOSES him because she doesn't really like the gym bro's approach to training. I assume in the future she will also recommend him to other people or others will see how well they train together and want to train with him.

So the MC is really passive and starts kinda timid but is growing more bold I guess. He still doesn't really do anything himself. I don't mind passive MCs but if you do it you REALLY have to make the LI's dynamic and memorable. I'm sorry, the dev just doesn't do that here. The women are aggressive but that's about it. No real corruption, no real reason to like the MC other than he's a male in close proximity and he's not an asshole. If only life were so simple...

The art is good. The dev spends his most time here. The animations are good in some places and kinda choppy in others. The writing is okay. It starts off real well and polished and deteriorates throughout the game. Real well as in no misspells and grammar issues. More pop up as you progress. The H scenes? Well the MC isn't really in any of them. So if you like watching other people have sex, then cool this might be your jam. Weird decision by the dev in my opinion.

So yeah, that's about it. It's just another game on the site. Nothing super special or anything like that. Maybe it gets better? It has some potential I guess if you like taking other peoples wives or are a big Neotare fan. You don't have to wait long or do much work to get to it either. Anybody looking for anything else? A story, interesting writing or characters, or anything like that? I don't think you'll find it here. At least not now. I'd wait until more comes out to check this out and I'll update this if I ever get back around on this game, but honestly as of now, there's nothing really here that pulls me to come back.

Wishing the dev luck though, they do put the effort into the art at the very least.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

holaje12

A waste of time, typical from this "Vilkas" group, all their games are the same, doormat mc, sluts LIs, lots of voyeur, shit writing, shit dialogs and 9/10 renders which are the only positive thing about them.
    If the one doing the renders is just a single person then my advice would be to leave this group and work solo or partner with another writer, these renders are getting wasted in these trash stories that are bound to fail time and time again. Regret playing this game, one of the worst MCs around, and thats saying something around here.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Queen Daenerys

Pros:

Renders

Cons:

Everything else

Pretty much every female character is in a relationship meaning you're most likely to be the homewrecker that disrupts the happy home. There's sex but nothing involving the MC. My question is why even have a main character? Why not just make this a multi character game since the spotlight is on other people. On top of that the MC is the most good looking loser I've ever seen. He has the personality of a doorbell and clearly doesn't own a set of balls. The dialogue sucks to make matters worse.

Instead of creating multiple games under multiple names maybe focus on one, get a solid proofread and some beta testers and focus on a game.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Jnx

English:............7/10
    User Interface:.....4/10
    User Experience:....7/10
    Art:................7/10
    Dialogue:...........3/10
    Story:..............2/10
    Opinion:............4/10................
    Avg:..............4.86/10 [2.43/5]

I haven't started this yet and I already am not a fan. The premise is "MC is a teacher (full-time job), works as a tutor (part-time job), and gets a third job at the gym because reasons." (Found out, no the teacher and tutor are the same job, but this is how the synopsis reads to first time viewers)It also advertises "HD 60fps" on the main menu. That means NOTHING. I've seen the renders, the models look like the barbies in Small Soldiers, I will die on this hill. 1080 60 video of shit, is still shit. If it's written as poorly as the other Vilkas game, I'm glad I'm getting this out of the way early. The reviews I've skimmed through don't bode well for my sanity going through this, and what little I've seen so far doesn't help. I will admit, SO FAR, the English isn't gibberish. The story and conversation flow is still completely unnatural, however, and I'm barely at the coffee shop. The camera angles make no sense, and the visuals are so heavily over-dramatized it's almost funny. This whole story kicks off of a plot convenience, admittedly, that isn't always bad but it's not executed well. Also, yes, I'm going to nit-pick. If you're going to hide under another studio name, I have no problem being overly critical in light of the last flop. The one HUGE compliment I will give this though, is the player model is delightfully atypical. He doesn't look like alpha male trash or some weird demon creature. But all the female models look weird and I can't get over it.

The story starts with MC narrating his life. He became a teacher but can only tutor? I guess? And his manager is on his back to get more students. Then he has an internal monologue about nothing until he randomly goes to a coffee shop. Suddenly, Lilie comes out of nowhere, knows all about MC, and pushes him into the job he needs because the plot needs it to happen. Meanwhile the camera man has Parkinson's and can't keep a shot at any reasonable angle while the interview montage happens with Rosa and Olivia. The cracks in the English start to show during the interview but right after, MC says "(And she has become an even more beautiful.)" Beautiful what? Creature? She-witch? Sports mascot? We're all dying to know. Here is where I will say Lilie's face is somehow too big and too small at the same time. Maybe the size of her head or what have you, but her face is odd. Immediately after you get the tried and true useless dream scene. That's honestly a little funny because he couldn't even get laid in his dreams. When he finally gets to Rosa's house they call him "Teacher" and "Teacher [MC]." Which, in English, sounds awful. He also creeps around and gets hard due to her breast feeding. Teacher material right here. He also daydreams about doing it directly. Then is accosted by two girls smoking because he looked at them. "Don't look at people directly. It's the wrong way to behave." I'm sorry? What? Okay, I'll just communicate with people's feet. I'll live with my eyes closed. People don't behave like this. MC continues to be completely passive at his job being a gym trainer as well. I'm NEVER one to complain about MCs being passive or wishy-washy, but this guy is too much. The last game MC thought he was god's gift to women, this guy would be a doormat's doormat. Both extremes of the personality spectrum are awful. Insufferable asshats annoy me to no end. But when a character is this meek and submissive I end up WANTING him to be walked on. Which sucks because I'm supposed to be controlling this loser.

Eventually you meet Kelly, a woman who looks like she glued her hair to her head. It looks so bad. She also has more cleavage than shirt with a transparent bra. Mother of the year. Next day? Olivia, instagram mom that doesn't mind MC's slack-jawed attention. After which you get to see her husband having sex? Cheating on her. The English dies here, along with their marraige. After this it becomes the routines of going Girl A to Girl B and so on. Rosa's visit is almost comical, I'll give it that. But a fire extinguisher doesn't shoot water that makes a thick red top transparent. But gotta have some form of nudity in every interaction, I guess.. Jane is an almost normal character interaction, she seems nice enough, but is probably looking to cheat on someone with MC. Because everyone is. Props where it's due, the videos don't have a lot of quality loss compared to the stills. Only a little bit of grain, which is probably just a side effect of the compression. And I want to ask which universe has co-ed showers? Cause I'm not from that universe. He's also had TWO lessons with these kids but they already think he's amazing? And he thinks the kids are progressing a lot? It's a little Gary-Stu-ey to me. And, yet again, you see someone else having sex that shouldn't be having sex. I get the title of the story is about loyalty, as apparently no one is loyal, but it still feels odd. Everyone else getting it on except MC. My only note on meeting Maeve is: Carl isn't short for Charlie. When I say literally everyone else is having sex, I mean it. The ONE time MC gets to participate, the woman looks at his penis and he cums right away. And the second time you can force MC to assert himself, the husband comes home and the game ends abruptly. Fun.

Frankly this is a minor improvement. The last game is so bad the only place to go is up, so good on you, I guess. There's not enough here, the game's anemic. 60 FPS does nothing but bloat the game and render time, especially when they're tiny loops that still look like slow motion. The English is better. It still falls apart near the end, but there's only a few lines that are completely broken as opposed to half. The UI/UX is stock minus font and main menu. The buttons aren't intuitive and the Load icon looks like a replay or gallery icon, so change that. The art is good. The lighting quality, atmosphere and all that jazz are, as always, way above average. The bad part is the women, they're either ugly as sin or have outlandish body proportions. I guess I should say "and" because they ALL have the same body type. Which is boring. Size 2 waist with a size 14 ass and tits. Yeah I guess I could get into it, but all of them are the same, you're choosing them based on their hair color at this point. The dialogue and story are NOTHING. A guy is a tutor and gym trainer. The end. What's there to keep you? MC is such a docile lamb it's practically unbelievable. This also has the same issue of characters having empty two minute conversations that somehow skip HOURS of the day and it all ends up as idle pleasantries. MC might as well walk up to them and talk about the weather. They'll all like him anyway, for no reason, why make the effort to have an empty conversation? This is an almost pretty game with vapid characters and an empty story. If you like playing as the only character not having any sort of sex, here ya go. You might also be a cuck. So please take care of yourself. You deserve sex too, friend. Sure, MC finally imitates what it might be like to have a backbone in the last 48 seconds of the game. But I feel it's too little, too late, on top of it not feeling like there's a point to this story. Will I try again in 6 months to see if things improve? Sure. Might even redo this review. And I honestly do hope things improve because I know I sound like an ass, and no one likes that. All we can hope for is for as much time spent on the renders to be spent on the writing, it's obviously not yet.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Lot of sex scenes BUT not for the mc
    how can you make a game with hot woman and mc looks and flirt with these woman YET mc never has sex with them

Story is bad
    No sex scenes
    Weak mc
    Renders are good
    No bugs
    Would wait for more content
  6. 2.00 star(s)

ghosthog

Ch 3

Pros
    Renders are well done
    Models are beautiful and mostly unique

Cons
    Weak, beta type MC (but he’s smart at least, supposedly, though fucks up a lot).
    Waste of time and resources creating sex scenes of wives with their spouses
    3 Chapters and MC has no action, we only see spouses’ action because supposedly spouses have sex and we need to see that because we might not be aware. Also, it’s weirdly jarring to mainly be the MC but then occasionally we’re switched into the perspective of one of the LIs (wives) and have a choice to answer the phone or not, which leads to no sex or sex.
    Sometime, eventually, maybe we’ll be able to choose to cheat with the wives or maybe husbands??
    There is no clear indication that the above is the major focus of the story so far.

To me only way to save this would be to rewrite from 3rd person or omniscient perspective so we just see everyone fucking throughout the story and aren’t mainly stuck in the beta MC perspective.
    Or, assume most people know husband and wives fuck so don’t put resources into that but instead advance the MC so that he’s getting action sooner.
    A clearer overview and potential tags might also help.
    The time wasted on this since I'm dropping it now is frustrating but I'll give it an extra star for the quality of renders and girls
  7. 4.00 star(s)

ImaginaryMe

Ch.3

This one has some potential. It's on the slower side and the only real action involving the MC doesn't happen until Chapter3. I haven't played anything else from this dev, so I don't have prior work to compare it to, but there are multiple scenes of non-LIs have sex.

I'm not in love with how much of a pushover the MC is, but hopefully that's something we get to resolve in the game.

The models are quite attractive. I do love redheads, tattooed women and busty women that look natural.

I'm sure this will benefit from a walkthough down the line.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

AnubisMRM

Can't wait for the next update.

Pros:
    - very beautiful models, with different body shapes and no copy/paste faces from other games.
    - good animations
    - interesting story - I don't think I played a game with this kind of teacher MC. Sure, there are plenty of games with teachers corrupting the pupils, but this one is unique because the mothers are the focus.

Con:
    - only a short hot scene until now. I hope the future will bring more and longer scenes.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Antera

Its good game and lots of internal pressure/drama is building. But downside is MC. He is too much wimp. Not even a cuck but a wimp. Gets bullied by coworker, high schoolers, his boss.. Another thing I personally didn't like was too many single moms or married LIs. Just does not feels right.. Why chase after used cars when there is tons of new ones..

Randers and models are great, no complains there. Game is really worth checking out. Hope it will get better.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

MK Ven

Found this game because I was looking (search) for another game, I'm really grateful that I found this game.

The amazing render quality has been praised by many, I don't need to add more.

The thing that captivates me the most about this game is the plot/story,

Being a private teacher going to young mother's house to teach their child can trigger a very exciting story.

My favorite part is having a neighbor who is a beautiful young mother, her husband is in the military. It will be exciting how their relationship develops.

Maybe it's because I like Milf and my fetish is "cheating on people's wives" that makes me so satisfied with this game.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Xan_Vados

Wow, such a polished game, yet so little appreciation. I mean, I can understand the criticism, but still, I feel we jump to criticism more quickly than appreciating the good and positive aspects more vocally. And that too for an AVN like this. Anyways, here is my own analysis:

**Pros:**
    1. The UI is quite unique and snappy. Good job!
    2. I think we all can unequivocally agree to this point—the renders, mind-blowing!
    3. The sound, music, and the whole ambiance are perfect; hardly one can argue on this point as well.
    4. Well, this may be the most divisive point. Let me state this—I myself would have bullied someone like the MC in real life. I mean, not that I would do it, but saying the MC is a wimp, period. Now, the thing is, this is still a story that we are witnessing and not ourselves. And it's not always that we can and should get an MC who is the most chad of all. Sometimes an MC who is average or kind of bland is also refreshing to see IF IMPLEMENTED PROPERLY! I also just avoid or don't like a weak MC, but on this one, the MC has a real personality, and the dev has found a very good base for the MC to get character development. I also cringed in many places due to the MC's wimpiness, like come on, who gets bullied by schoolgirls at that age, but we have to remember there are people like that, unlike us. So it is a refreshing change. Of course, I am taking this into consideration that the MC will surely develop; otherwise, this will go to the negative, and why waste money going to the gym then.
    5. Very realistic characters, and the dialogues between them are quite good and relatable. I also didn't mind the English that much, maybe because I am a non-native English speaker.
    6. The plot is also simple yet effective. I liked it. Has a great premise to introduce drama later on and create more tensions if the dev wishes. I certainly wish to see more elements like drama, character developments, relationship problems, and any other mature-themed topics to be implemented here. The foundation is there for all these to be implemented.

**So-so:**
    1. While I didn't mind the English, the monologue of the MC could have been better written. What I meant to say is it should have sounded more mature; instead, they sound loose and distracting from the more mature interactions happening between the MC and other characters.
    2. Now this can be debatable, but while I personally like such good-looking girls, not all girls should have been so good-looking. I mean, it hardly ever happens that I find all the girls in games attractive, but here I wanted to make everyone part of my harem—the LIs and non LIs, the main characters and the side characters, and even the background females. While those may be a wish and made me happy while playing, I am always a strong supporter of the story in AVNs, and following that trend here also I will say this is bad for story development, no two ways about it.
    3. The choices are not many, and I think you should look into that as well. While saying that, I think most of the choices that were given were good, as I believe in more quality than quantity when having choices in these types of games.
    4. The game is quite short in its current state.

Dev, you have talent in making AVNs; yes, you may need some help in some areas, but you're doing tremendous work. And so, good luck for future updates!
  12. 4.00 star(s)

xenovon

Looking spicy! Love interests are all visually appealing and unique to each other. MC is having the time of his life meeting gorgeous girls left and right lmao. In terms of plot, there's nothing thrilling or anything serious, it's all about MC that is kind of struggling about his life and career while working two part time jobs where he meets the other girls one by one.

I will give it a 5 if ever future updates will lean into an emotional ride in its plot, as of now i don't see it going that route but i hope to be surprised.

Version of Review: Ch. 1
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

If the game is from vilkas there is no need to worry about renders it will be top notch but have to worry about English. But in this game it's good thanks to saint blackmoor for helping in English translation. About the story, i remember reading a pornhwa with same story long time ago. Forgot it's name though but after some chapters i dropped it. I do remember reading at this point where something gonna happen to lactating woman or her small child. Then Mc took her to hospital. Then she thinks her husband was not there when she need him most but MC was there. Well you know what gonna happen next ;)

I don't mind seeing it here. Here renders are top notch. Don't know whether dev gonna follow the same story.

I enjoyed playing it. It was short though. Keep up the good work dev looking forward to next updates
  14. 5.00 star(s)

4SS F4CTOR

Great AVN looking forward to it keep up the good work and if I talk about the
    game perfect. Models are awesome, story is really good, the map is interesting and damn the animations ! As we know Vilkas known for his great animations.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

BigMal235

Great rendering don't overcompensate terrible dialogues. Any of the games from this dev need a proofreader badly as right now all they are is the wasted potential. Another thing is that you can't take a super weird fetish and just blend it randomly into the story without letting the player choose whether he wants to see it or not.
    UPDATE: I was thinking about this game, and the more games I play, the more I am convinced it doesn't deserve two stars: bad writing + terrible English, wimp MC who cannot control his dick, lack of choices, this game should never be released in the state it is.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

Before I Forget

If you go back and play the Christmas version of Lust Of Pain and compare the quality of rendering to this game then you can make the argument that Vilkas Creative is one of the best artist around. Storytelling is another thing but he's getting there.

Story:

You're down on your luck which is totally normal as a lot of us has been there. You working as a teacher and part time personal trainer. You encounter a drop dead gorgeous woman from your past in Lilie and she's married.. :mad:
    Not mad at that but disappointed as there's clearly something between the two. She hooks you up with two other knock outs in need of tutoring for their kids. From there with see Rosa who's also married and has two kids, one of which you tutor. She's alone as her husband is temporarily out of the picture.

Now my worry with this situation is that this could turn into a cheating-fest. It's one of the reasons why people ask for tags.. :cautious:There is a monogamous and romance crowd and I am a proud card carrying member. Now, I'm sure Netori fans may jump for joy but I personally am not too much into it. Besides that, there's also the fact that Rosa's husband actually seems like a caring and stand up guy. Who's only away from his family in the first place and that's to make money and put food the table. But she looks to be one of the main girls so it's sort of the elephant in the room thing for me. It's like cheating could be one of the ways to get lewd content. Same thing could be said for Lilie.

One thing I didn't like is of course the passiveness of the main character. Now, others have already called him things along the lines of: Wimpy, Cowardly, and other things and they're not wrong.

Look I'm not a UFC fighter, I'm not confrontational, I don't go looking for trouble but I'm also no one's PUSHOVER. So it really grinds my gears when I play a guy that can't even stand up for himself. He stares at two "Schoolgirls" and gets confronted by them and can't even defend himself? No guy who looks like the MC should be getting... punked out by "school girls" lol.

Then the same thing happens at the gym. "Hey, Loser!" Is what Jay calls the MC and he just takes it. And no, it wasn't in a jokingly manner as we saw Jay basically humiliate the MC in front of Jane. Luckily for the MC's sake Jane is a pretty bright person as she saw through Jay's bullshit and decided to ask the MC to be her personal trainer instead. But please, grow a pair and don't take 10 updates before you finally stand up for yourself.

Lastly, the Kevin situation.

Now every country is different but in my country it's illegal to leave your underage kid at home all alone in any circumstance. Here, we have this situation play out where the MC finds this kid whose crying because he accidentally locked himself out of the home and in comes the MC who offers to invite the kid into his home... for chocolate milk.

Yeah... Not in this climate.

I would've stayed in the hallway with him and waited until his mother came home. That way I cover my ass. But that's just what I would've done, it's different rules in different countries I know but better be safe than sorry. His mom, Kelly arrives, she gives her thanks and that's the end.

Not much to go on but again the visuals are damn near perfect, that's never been a real issue with this Dev in my opinion. I just haven't enjoyed his or their stories so far. Although Lust Of Pain is growing on me.

Dialogue:
    There's good grammar and having good dialogue. There's a difference but some still haven't picked up on that.

This game for the most part doesn't have that glaring problem. There were instances where it stood out like the confrontations with the "schoolgirls"(Let's be real here, those were grown ass women not schoolgirls) where the dialogue got dicey. But not bad to the point where you can't understand what's going on.

Renders:
    Superb

Characters:
    The models are heavy on the beautiful side, if you're only into that then you'll love this but it felt like I was watching Beverly Hills, 90210 where everyone is extremely hot. Even on public transportation the MC was sitting in front of hotties. Adding a average model or two won't dissuade players, I promise. The MC himself is pretty handsome, I don't mind that at all. What I do mind is him stuttering around women. Like dude look in the mirror. Also he reminds me a lot of Æthelred from the Last Kingdom.

Overall:
    This is project number 4 counting the rework so.. We'll see what becomes of this one. Good Luck.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

| Vee |

I love the game and Yes it does resemble manwha which someone mentioned above. Every game is straight up a copy of other with minor changes or spinoff, etc. So, I don't care if that is the case, at least it is not like 1000 others but like 1 or two. Plus Graphics are great. I love Lillie :love:(Redhead). I love how Dev tries to capture emotions and face expressions (talking about Lillie). Absolutely loved the story. At least it is far more interesting and greater than this previous games.

Absolutely loved the cast as of now(ch1):giggle:!

The ring scene was such a blow to the face But Loved the scene:sneaky:(y).

MC HAS to grow backbone soon otherwise signs are not looking great and story can take pretty dark turn if that is Planned, I hope not(3forbiddenwords). As of now it is giving only Netori vibes and MC is gonna do stealing:devilish:.

Loved the cast and story as of now. Looking forward to next chapter.

KEEP GROWING!

GOLDLUCK!
  18. 4.00 star(s)

N0madS0uL

Small initial version of the game, with not much content but has potential.

Models are very nice and realistic albeit "too pretty" but being a game and fantasy that is not really an issue.

The dialogue is not as good as it could be, there is some work needed to proof read and structure sentences better.

Characters that know the MC need more introduction, the one scene felt disconnected and a bit too forced to be a random coincidence.

The MC is a beta male that is as they always are to me, highly annoying to play as, but I suspect that the developer purposefully made the MC this way to suggest and start on a low confidence character that gradually gains more confidence to become an alpha. I hope!

As said, early days, but good start, can go a few places or absolutely nowhere, lets see what happens in a few updates. Hopefully they wont be too small and occur in reasonable time-frames.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Digital Pimp

This is a nice start, and it's going to be a real treat for those who love milfs and women of the married variety.

The MC is almost so down on his luck, i started wondering if he pissed off a witch. This cat is cursed! The cool thing about it, however, is that he not only hangs onto hope but remains a good man despite his obvious troubles and despair.

If I had one complaint with this game, it is so sickening and difficult to watch a man continuously punked. And not just by men, but f-ing schoolgirls too. I hope this guy's character arc from "zero to hero" starts soon, because this sh*t is hard to watch.

That said, I look forward to seeing where this magic carpet takes us -- just so long as homeboy grows a pair.