Ren'Py - Lessons in Love [v0.40.0] [Selebus]

1. 5.00 star(s)

oblivion9900

well what can i say? after playing for about 5 hours i can say that the game is well worth the time. the characters have great personality and it doesn't seem forced or awkward nor does it seem like cookie cutter type characters either. the writing is phenomenal and extremely enjoyable, there was not a moment that felt like a chore to get through.

pros:
    characters are great with great personalities.
    great writing with occasional 4th wall breaking both of the subtle and not subtle variety.
    pretty good amount of content.
    the slight 'horror' aspect was done really well and was not too much.

cons:
    a couple minor things like no gallery option but thats to be expected this early on.
    one thing i wished for while playing is for the ability to more quickly pass time through the day, i got to the point where i did all the events during the morning and afternoon but still had a quite a few that needed to be done at night. (although that could be due to me spending time on a couple girls not knowing that i completed all their events already)
    and the worst of all, a want for more.

tl;dr: give it a try, im sure you wont be disappointed.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

tazaaron

What can i say about this one, theres alot of new devs out the last 6 months doing great work and this is 1 of my New New favs. I dont play all updates on most games , usually wait 6 months or more but i have been playing the updates on this one. (last update had 1 hour of play time)

Fun comes to mind, its fun, i like it. Renders are good , girls are fun and hot and they have there own little quirks about them and oh ya theres a little mystery going on in the game. Looking forward to more and if you are thinking about playing this, do it.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

akenedy

The game is simple but shows a lot of promise, it already has a great cast of characters, good writing with humor, the character design is good considering the simple graphics and the story is interesting with its subtle nods that something bigger is happening behind the scenes but mainly focuses on the interactions between the main cast. Overall for an early release, it has already a lot going for it and I wish luck to the dev in the development of the game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

JLP603

I rarely make reviews but I am making this one because the game has a lot of potential from what I have seen in 0.2.0 with good writing, good character models, good graphics and an intriguing plot. Im gonna give it a very high rating because it is a great start and I encourage others to take note of this game and to encourage the developer to not give up with this project. The 4th wall breaking was a pleasant surprise and the plot keeps smacking you in the face like there is a deeper element or secrets to this fictional universe that I definitely want to uncover
  5. 5.00 star(s)

jeems

This project actually has good writing, I was very pleasantly surprised.

It is a bit offbeat but it is charming and enjoyable, you can feel the effort and inspiration put into it.
    A real gem when compared to most of the lifeless games these communities can sometimes churn out.
    Nice renders and a good amount of content, eager to see how it will develop over time.

Definitely one of the more interesting games on here, and a new personal favourite of mine. :)
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Artyom Reaper

The more I got into this game the more I started realizing that the developer is starting to do what the developers of Innocent Witches have started doing, they're extending the games by "revamping" earlier parts of it. I'm not gonna accuse them of it, but considering they're making a hefty sum on patreon it seems really suspiscious they're navigating in a direction that extends the work time on these projects. This is disappointing. Also, I only really got into this game for Futaba and there's barely any content for her. He says that he's going back and changing things like her and other girl's stories as they feel rushed, but in all honestly they actually feel kind of slow in progression. You have so much to do in the story and must satisfy every girl's requirements before progressing on the ones you're actually interested in. I get the whole premise of this game is that it isn't your regular sim, much in the light of DDLC, but this is kind of ridiculous and feels shady. Also, you can tell the developer is young, like they were in high school or just out of high school when they started this as a lot of things referenced or used in this game relate to books and topics usually introduced to high schoolers. I should know, I graduated high school not long ago. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's hard to see some of he topics and themes discussed as deep as they appear when I started realizing this. Hopefully I'm wrong and all of this isn't actually the case but I'm keeping my rating at this for the time being.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

DvdR3d

The jokes and humor in this game is hilarious! All the characters are unique to there own; that is what i like about these games and for it being only 0.1.0 there is so much content!! Its also very polished and clean no bugs in my play through. The story is very intriguing its been done before, but not with these settings and environment. This is one of the few games on F95 i can NOT wait for!! If you liked it like me please support them on their patreon. ;)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Kpoptarts

Wow perfect launch of a game if I've ever seen one. I love the models in this (although I love Koikatsu models in general, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.). The gameplay itself is really good, mechanics are fleshed out well, and it's obvious that the dev knew what they wanted and how they wanted their game to function.
    And the best part about the whole thing is the writing! Story is written really well so far. All girls introduced have a well written, fleshed out introduction. It seems that every girl you interact with has personality, rather than many games who's girls feel bland and lacking emotion.
    Everything about this game's launch was just great! I've patroned to a lot of devs on this site before, but I've always waited for more content before committing. This is the first project I've ever donated to right after a 0.1 release, and I honestly believe it'll be worth it. Go give them your money!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

COShepard

Well to start off i don't much like horror but what few bits of horror that were in this game were alright...though i didn't appreciate the red smiley face in the static.

If the clock room is implemented i couldn't find it so that my only complain other than that; the story is good i like basically all the characters. The 4th wall breaking were grim and humorous (dlc coffins the big oof) Overall rather enjoyable so time to wait for a few updates and we can do this horror dance again... also hurry up and let me fuck our niece
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Darkere

Writing is amazing. Actual writer? Writing is very self-aware with the occasional joke in between.

The preview pics are an accurate representation of how things look in game.

Looking forward to more.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Scy7he

The game is not just a game, it's a mystery novel with cryptic messages waiting to be discovered and decoded
    When you get to those stuff it feels like you are playing a murder mystery
    All images which seem to be random have some messages hidden in them

As for the game itself, for a game that is in its initial release it is good like really good (it has a longer playtime than others on the 1st release)
    The characters are flushed out, the story is a good mixture of plot and humor (I know it is one of the a few guys with many girl games but its plot makes it non-relevant to me) and if the game goes in the direction it is at currently, it will surely be one of the must play kind of games which you find rarely
  12. 5.00 star(s)

TrulyDemented1

I am thoroughly enjoying this one! The humor, while pleasantly dark in some parts (3 different coffins HA!!) is right up my alley! I love a VN with a great story and while this one isn't super complex, it's light hearted and fun. And, as I just mentioned, I love the humor!! The girls are cute to boot, so it's a win win win!