AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Hex to text was this : A n d d i d t h e C o u n t e n a n c e D i v i n e S h i n e f o r t h u p o n o u r c l o u d e d h i l l s A n d w a s J e r u s a l e m b u i l d e d h e r e A m o n g t h e s e d a r k S a t a n i c M i l l s, Then on the side: e n d o f p r e v i e w s
To put into a more easy-to-read form:
Main text:
And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Which an extract from a William Blake poem.

Side text:
End of Previews repeated three times.

Dec 18, 2020

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
OK a while ago I was very very bored and was trying to line up all the main girls' birthdays to figure out who's older and younger, but then I got stuck because of the "Nth youngest member of the cast" info on the wiki.

Doing this is a little difficult and tons of inaccurate without knowing which month the school year starts. Most places I've been begin in September while Japan begins in April, but one has to assume that Selly has or has not factored this in before making a list. Regardless, what actually got me confused is Maya and Molly.

---A big premise here is that no one got held back or bumped up except Chika and Rin. They are by default the oldest and the youngest in Sensei's class, while the rest of the main girls are all admitted to the right academic year according to their birthdays relative to school start date---

On the wiki, Maya is the 8th youngest of the the cast and Molly is the 11th. Someone with a birthday of 1/1 is younger than someone with a birthday of 3/18. If the school year starts between 1/1 - 3/18 then it makes sense, as starting at any other date will result in Maya being ~ 2.5 months older than Molly. However, if this was true, Molly would be one of the oldest among her cohort and would definitely not be the 11th youngest. Starting in April like a real Japanese high school that practices three term system will instead make Molly one of the youngest among the main cast, again contradicting what wiki has to offer.

Of course we can chalk it up to wiki being incorrect and invalidate the whole deduction (won't be surprised). Where did those Nth youngest info come from anyway, discord? And do people really say 11th youngest when the sampled population is either 20 or 35?! :LOL:

What I think is more solid of a rank segment starts from Ayane and ends with Sana because Ayane is confirmed to be a little bit older than Sana in The Sakakibara Diet (thus old to young: AyaneTsuneyo→Yumi→Futaba→Makoto→Maya→Sana)
------
Anyway I opened too many excel files and was about to close all of them then I found that I typed in all the girls' info in an unsaved file :LOL: so I decided to throw this very unimportant stuff in and see if anyone is even more bored than I was.
View attachment 2947183
If it is accurate to real world Japan, where Kumon-Mi is based off of, the Japanese school year starts in April. Here's the thing, though, we don't know how far into the school year they were at the start. It never mentions the first day in game being the first day of the school year. Even if it did start in April as in real Japan, it could be a couple weeks in or even a different month when the game starts. The odd seasons also don't help much to figure it out.

I'm 80% sure that Maya will be reset. When? not sure. Everyone is assuming that the reset Maya will be a Maya that knows and recognizes Akira and is maybe "more chipper" as she said. But what if that isn't Maya we get? We all know that Maya pretends to hate Akira and wants nothing to do with him also omitting certain details of the past in order to protect him and keep him from breaking or being Reset. What if when she's Reset; she Hates and wants Nothing to do with him and Has No Knowledge as to why but continues on because that's what Feels right to her?

As for Rin... No way a Reset will be the factor that breaks up her and Otoha. That Break up will big, bad and divisive(Music club for one). It pains me to say cause Rin is my Fav. She will cry, hurt, break, Bad Rin, and maim herself, maybe worse than before, to try to get back Good Rin and Akira will be there for it again..... and maybe take advantage? or Rin might pull a Makoto(White Oak Door) and probably Rika will have found a place to live other than the dorm room by then.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Or it could be worse, even, a full factory reset so to speak. Not even the girl Sensei knew, but a complete stranger. I'm considering that a potential part of the consequences for failing to do what HOPE said, not just having a girl reset, but having her reset so far that she essentially becomes a complete stranger.

I'm worried about Chinami.

In conclusion: buy giraffes.
I'm not sure her illness is spreading because of the resets, but maybe that one little detail isn't affected. Maybe, even if Chinami herself is reset, her illness continues as it already was. If this is the case, then it could have progressed to a worse state across the reset and she starts off the next loop in worse condition.

As for doing wizard stuff, I wouldn't try to bring real world logic into fiction in cases like that with how it would work, it usually doesn't fit into real world logic as it usually just gets treated like any other character. Chika may not even find out for a while, but if she ever does, she's going to go ballistic. She would likely break up with Sensei in extremely harsh fashion, hate him permanently, and quite possibly seek revenge for touching even a single hair on Chinami in anything except a normal way. Sensei had better be prepared to run, there is no hiding from the wrath of an older sibling.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Oh, I was thinking about Nao-chan, I am not getting good vibes from what I'm thinking, if she really is taking characteristics of the girls in the reset that preceded her appearance why is Ami included, but not Ayane.
I HOPE I'm wrong but maybe Himawari is unknowingly passing as Ayane's daughter but is actually Ami's cute incest baby.
Pareidolia has already shown that it wants to use the characters of the game because it thinks it knows what is best, in this way "The one with many eyes", Yasu's god, is way better by giving them free will.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm worried about Chinami.

In conclusion: buy giraffes.
Chika's reaction would probably be something like this:
Except way worse, considering that's just what happens if you try to get her to call Sensei "Chinami" sexually.

Also considering Chinami's link to information, and how she's somewhat undergoing constant maintenance to stay functional, I can definitely see her being related to The Wire god/The Calm/The Tree-like Computer-like god, since it even seems implied to be in The Old District like Chinami is. (Tsuneyo's father who shares these similarities could be a red herring)

I also find it sickeningly ironic that a god might take the form of a child to win over a pedo...

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Actually, I just realized that there's 3 gods, 3 chapters, and each chapter introduced a wizard, so now there's 3 wizards, and there's also 3 moons.. on top of currently 3 characters that can make it to the rooftop, and Sensei seemed to have 3 love interests pre resets, etc.

Yasu(?) really wasn't kidding:
Also there might be 3 seasons soon.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Actually, I just realized that there's 3 gods, 3 chapters, and each chapter introduced a wizard, so now there's 3 wizards, and there's also 3 moons.. on top of currently 3 characters that can make it to the rooftop, and Sensei seemed to have 3 love interests pre resets, etc.

I definitely see a pattern here.

Reactions: LuisD and DeSkel15

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If it is accurate to real world Japan, where Kumon-Mi is based off of, the Japanese school year starts in April. Here's the thing, though, we don't know how far into the school year they were at the start. It never mentions the first day in game being the first day of the school year. Even if it did start in April as in real Japan, it could be a couple weeks in or even a different month when the game starts. The odd seasons also don't help much to figure it out.
We can guesstimate based on a few factors.
1) Chapters end around Christmas/New Years, and a change of seasons follows. This is also likely the end of the loop.
2) Chapters span a period of two resets.
3) Per Maya, resets happen roughly quarterly, so 3 months, give or take a couple of weeks.
4) The class is familiar with Sensei at the start of the game. Enough so that his shift in teaching style is identified immediatley as out of character. We also have Makoto, who's become impressed with his intelligence. This is clearly not the first month of the school year.

I think the game starts in July, stretches over the Christmas, sometimes going as far as into the first week of January, and then skips back to July.

This gives us ideal beach season, Halloween, and Christmas. I believe this also covers every character whose birthday is actually mentioned as an in-game thing that happens (rather than a nebulous day that happens offscreen).

But the span isn't consistent. Maya acts like her birthday doesn't happen often, and chapter 1 seemed to skip it entirely.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
1) Chapters end around Christmas/New Years, and a change of seasons follows. This is also likely the end of the loop.
3) Per Maya, resets happen roughly quarterly, so 3 months, give or take a couple of weeks.
4) The class is familiar with Sensei at the start of the game. Enough so that his shift in teaching style is identified immediatley as out of character. We also have Makoto, who's become impressed with his intelligence. This is clearly not the first month of the school year.

I think the game starts in July, stretches over the Christmas, sometimes going as far as into the first week of January, and then skips back to July.

This gives us ideal beach season, Halloween, and Christmas. I believe this also covers every character whose birthday is actually mentioned as an in-game thing that happens (rather than a nebulous day that happens offscreen).

But the span isn't consistent. Maya acts like her birthday doesn't happen often, and chapter 1 seemed to skip it entirely.
Chapter 1 didn't seem to make it to Christmas as the first (and second) happens in Chapter 2.

Maya seems to usually just go alone on her bday, so it does seem to be something that's common, albeit the resets themselves aren't set in stone:

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

The only thing this reminds me of is
1695397054823.png
:ROFLMAO:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, Selebus is a Fernando Alonso fan, the 33th is coming home
I was thinking more along the lines of either a behind the scenes reference, like how the Halo series has always had an obsession with the number seven and makes tons of references throughout the games, or potentially a reversal of a certain Latin phrase, Omne trium perfectum, “everything that comes in threes is perfect.” Sel has been known to use foreign languages in the past. Notice that it talks about perfection, something that runs counter to this game. Reverse that and you have imperfection, which can be seen as bad things happening.

This was my point with the weird seasons, we could guess based on when certain things like holidays happen, but remember that the seasons are all out of whack, they are so messed up that this may actually prove unreliable and backfire on the guess we make, pointing us in a completely wrong direction.

On the teaching style, now this is potentially identifying. Their familiarity suggests they've been around him a while, this isn't their first day or the early part of the school year when they are still getting used to him.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Reactions: WICKED9999

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
We sacrifice DeSkel15 and fdasdf_p under the notion that we are allowed to finally understand maya and the nori sisters.

Everything is now a dice roll. Please correct this timeline so i don't have to think.
I'm beginning to think I'm just sacrifice-able. Not even the first time I've been sacrificed today.

Also let's hope it's not Rin's dice that is being rolled.. fives, fives everywhere:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I was thinking more along the lines of either a behind the scenes reference, like how the Halo series has always had an obsession with the number seven and makes tons of references throughout the games, or potentially a reversal of a certain Latin phrase, Omne trium perfectum, “everything that comes in threes is perfect.” Sel has been known to use foreign languages in the past. Notice that it talks about perfection, something that runs counter to this game. Reverse that and you have imperfection, which can be seen as bad things happening.
Sel does the number 7 thing too.
There are a lot of places where the number seven or it's tenfolds are used where it seems mildly strange.
For example Wakana say's something like "I'll punch him 700 times".

4.10 star(s) 303 Votes