DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just think she snapped.
She was holding herself back for ages and she finally gets Akira back, and as she said herself a few times, she thought the current status quo was good and she was satisfied with it the way it was even though Sensei said that barely qualifies as living.
What might have made her decide to stop holding back was Sensei pushing toward her more and more and saying he loved her, she likely would not have went for impulsive sex otherwise. And maybe that Ami scene was the last straw.
I don't think Maya had a choice here. It seems heavily implied that Sensei was raping her while blacking out like he's done before.

This happened right after Maya revealed that he used to black out on her all of the time:
She also mentioned that Sensei tore her costume off, and put it in:
And was in a pinned down position, where as that doesn't really seem to make sense for Maya, if she was having any control of the situation.

Overall: I think Sensei blacked out, raped Maya, and since he is the one doing it instead of her, she is the one that was broken.

kileos123

I have played them all.
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018
Make sure if you skip it that you check Ami's computer first or you'll get a missed event. Also, i'd be very cautious using a skip, i fully 100% expect Selly to run a check on some variable set from within the puzzle event as a cheat flag check later. Something like if you got all the keys or maybe just one of them. Especially since he has moles here (if not himself) who'll be informing him of the skipping cheats us filthy disgusting pirates are doing.
If such a thing were to happen we can always remove the cheater check. There is nothing that he can code into the game that we cannot just edit and remove.

Reactions: rianzz

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
I don't think Maya had a choice here. It seems heavily implied that Sensei was raping her while blacking out like he's done before.

This happened right after Maya revealed that he used to black out on her all of the time:
She also mentioned that Sensei tore her costume off, and put it in:
And was in a pinned down position, where as that doesn't really seem to make sense for Maya, if she was having any control of the situation.

Overall: I think Sensei blacked out, raped Maya, and since he is the one doing it instead of her, she is the one that was broken.
I just figured she was the one that baited him into having black out sex because she was tired of her situation.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I just figured she was the one that baited him into having black out sex because she was tired of her situation.
I definitely don't think that happened. Maya seemed content on never risking it like an event before. It seems like he just jumped her, and while we were in the house, he was actually raping her.

Reactions: rianzz

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
If such a thing were to happen we can always remove the cheater check. There is nothing that he can code into the game that we cannot just edit and remove.
Very true, which is why i said 'caution' and not 'do not do this', i meant that if you do this be careful in the future cause there's a very good chance you'll need to do further editing at some point to cover your ass. He's liable to check it more than once actually, he did that big check in checker.rpy and newchecker.rpy so when we get our hands on the inevitable newnewchecker.rpy those of us who care to can figure out exactly what new edits are required for the folks who did your skip.

Reactions: kileos123

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
I definitely don't think that happened. Maya seemed content on never risking it like an event before. It seems like he just jumped her, and while we were in the house, he was actually raping her.
That's my point, she got tired of "not living" as according to what Sensei said after the beach events, she decided to actually do something enjoyable for once, as the non-moody Maya.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
That's my point, she got tired of "not living" as according to what Sensei said after the beach events, she decided to actually do something enjoyable for once, as the non-moody Maya.
There's no way Maya, someone who has lived through thousands of years just to wait for the man she loves, decides to do something that could kill her just a few time loops after knowing Sensei is back.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
There's no way Maya, someone who has lived through thousands of years just to wait for the man she loves, decides to do something that could kill her just a few time loops after knowing Sensei is back.
There are some extraordinary circumstances

First of all Sensei told her he might not survive this reset beforehand. Maya calmed him down, but, you know, Maya. Also, Maya already tried to keep Sensei alive by sex in chapter 2, so it could be delibered sacrifice of her.

At the other hand, Maya also said she thought she would not survive reset (sorry, I am currently to sorrow to find proofs). She also linked that though to her haloween costume, so she might have been entirely sure it is her last chance.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
If the Maya reset was because of natural causes and not because the universe specifically wanted to fuck her, then she might be much safer than we think. Both Yumi and Tsuneyo showed signs of remembering past events even though they got resetted.
That's also assuming that "The Infinite Spring" doesn't decide to change the rule entirely.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
BTW, what are context clues of The Infinite Spring? I highly doubt it is Egor Letov reference, but it is only association I got

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Might be interesting to some who don't know but the costume Maya is using belongs to March 7th. A girl who was found in a block of ice and doesn't have any memories of her past life. In a somewhat recent update, we found out that the "eldritch god of remembering and memories" was most likely responsible for locking her memories away.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
So started playing and i started TLing everything i see.But this one piece of dialogue is something i cant figure out.Its not at all like the previously encountered code sadly.Any hint?

• Haha
Reactions: k1n5l4y3r

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
this game needs cliff notes, so i don't have to suffer through the moronic "puzzles" and the edge-lord bullshit Sel spews with reckless abandon.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
Honestly I don't get what people are saying about stiff or uninspired writing this update. This might be my favorite update. The tension was palpable the whole way through.

I generally dislike Nadoka but
I dunno, this was one of the first updates where I ended up pausing part way through and just don't particularly feel like picking it back up. I can't even pinpoint why this particular update rather than the last several. Maybe I'm just finally burned out from the same old drivel every update.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I'm sure Selebus has been laughing his ass off at some of the comments in the last few pages.
Whilst i wouldn't exactly put it past him... i'm gonna err on that not being the case unless shown otherwise. Selly fucking over his players with his puzzles, laughing his ass off at folks giving out malicious instructions in this thread or the whole DRM thing, yeah, that's all very believable and on brand. But, i think it'd be strange to be laughing at people feeling sad for a character he's made, that's like laughing at his own artistic ability, the fact he could craft a story and a character with enough power to emotionally affect the readers/players is a point of pride if anything, to laugh at us all for being affected by his story and his character just seems... self deprecating? Self sabotaging? Something like that. If he is laughing at us cause we're all dirty pirates here then that looks more like a case of cutting his nose off to spite his face.

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes