• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM - Completed - Letina's Odyssey [v1.03] [Asakiyumemishi]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Miacis

Alas, this game is just mediocre at about everything. It seems to be one of the earliest works of Asakiyumemishi which feels more like a tryout than a serious project. Yes it has some basic RPG elements but all of the stuff isn't nearly as good as in their later games.
    I'd suggest to give this game a pass if you've already played multiple RPGM ecchi games; or if you'd like to get to know this develpoper by playing one of their games.
    The game isn't bad per se, but rather doesn't really stand out among the other japanese games. By today's standards I would say not much would be worth to play it if you're a seasoned RPGM gamer. If it's the one of the very first games that you've decided to give a try on this engine though - sure, go ahead, it's pretty simply structured and what you'll see here is what you'll see everywhere else in japanese ecchi games.
    Overall, don't let this product to disappoint you with the studio, they make awesome games, just look them up and compare how far they've gone since this one.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Strowy

Summary

A horribly grindy game, and even after doing so the bosses are still heavily dependent on RNG. The sex scenes are decently written/drawn, but extremely limited outside prostitution, and prostitution has its own major issues relating to the grind.

The Grind

Bosses in this game are a brick wall to progression; you can be levelled/equipped to the point that you can crush all random enemies with them doing zero damage when they hit you, yet get 2- or 3-shot by the next boss if they happen to randomly use their stronger skills multiple times in a row (which they do regularly).

The game is near impossible to beat, unless you use/abuse two specific items: the Dummy Balloon equip - which prevents armour damage - and the Small Explosive, a consumable which does guaranteed massive damage to all enemies in the fight.

However, Small Explosive is incredibly expensive, and you'll spend most of your time early game grinding just to buy one.

The Dummy Balloon is critical because of the game's Armour Break mechanics.

Armour Break Pain

This game has an armour break mechanic that is just painful.

The main character's armour can be damaged by certain attacks, which results in her progressively being stripped, with enemy attacks doing more damage the more damaged her armour is. This damages persists between fights and can only be repaired with a consumable Sewing Kit.

The kicker is, in a number of boss fights, if she is completely stripped of her armour (which doesn't take all that much), the main character instantly loses the fight. And armour break attacks occur with high frequency.

So unless you use the aforementioned equip to block breaks, you're going to be spending half your time in a fight just repairing your armour, and the other half healing from the increased damage.

Prostitution and its Cost

Most of the scenes in this game involving the main character are prostitution at the brothel. However, the game gives a massive middle finger in this regard: every time she prostitutes herself, the main character loses 5 levels. For no reason.

And in this game, 5 levels is like half an hour of grinding, depending on how high-levelled you were.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

GetKosiorekt

Having previously completed The Ordeal of Princess Eris I was very excited to play this game especially since I've been patiently waiting for a translation to happen and it does not dissapoint.

For what is a Hentai game the story is fairly decent, nothing groundbreaking with the standard evil mastermind that you'd expect with a princess protagonist, what really shone through for me were the side-stories, with the Adventurer couple, Maid and Pristess events being charming and satisfying to complete, the extra scenes and them being happy was great to see.

The art is very much compareable to The Ordeal of Princess Eris seeing as they had the same artists. I like how it looks, but there isn't as much content and as many scenes as there were in the other game, with the unlocked gallery having many repeats. Most of them are brothel-related and GOR. For what it's worth they were well done, so can't complain.

The main difference between this game and The Ordeal of Princess Eris is the difficulty level. I've beaten The Ordeal of Princess Eris on Normal mode and it was fairly challenging at times but Letina's Odyssey is a completely different beast. Right out of the gate the first dungenon bosses provide a nasty surprise if you expect them to be trivial, you need to grind quite a bit to beat them.

Grinding is the main theme of the game, the generic enemies are quite pathetic but the bosses can be very challenging and the difficulty curve between some of them is insane. There is a chimera boss on the 5th floor that is an absolute nightmare to fight, even with the right equipment and strategy it can still simply overpower you and cheese the battle in its' favor.

And this is an early game boss. The optional and late bosses are absurd. The spirits, the prime mininster and the demons are the main offenders for me.

You constantly need to be on the grind and have a lot of potions and the right equipment, otherwise you'll get your ass handed to you.

It took me 6 hours to complete the game and most of it was spent on grinding EXP and cash.

Overall I find Letina's Odyssey to be a worthwile game to play. It has a decent story with some good characters and a nice art to boot. It's also very challenging, something you would not expect from most R18 games.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Greg_

I absolutely adore the art of this game, (and the other games ' too), and I also like the characters and story, and that's about it.

The gameplay itself is a potion drinking simulator and endless grindfest. Grinding is not something that deters me from enjoying a game, if it is balanced I don't even mind the time investment, and if it's not, we have cheats. However here max level and the best gear is barely enough to defeat some of the optional bosses
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Most of the scenes are defeat scenes, but there is prostitution, with a twist. Every time you have a good time at the brothel you lose 5 levels. So back to grinding yay...

Speaking of prostitution there are blue orbs you can collect, and with them you can obtain different outfits, which will unlock unique scenes at the brothel. I have found two orbs, but no more. Finished the game, and I have no idea where was I supposed to look for the other ones, I swear I have combed through every floor multiple times. So I don't know if I missed them, it is their way of encouraging multiple playthroughs, is it a bug or am I just missing something.

Anyway, after getting the normal end you unlock new game + and the gallery. Normal end implies that there are other endings. I know a kind of joke ending, but I'm not sure about others, and I really don't want to suffer through this again in order to find out.

If suffering is the extra spice for your gaming experience and you absolutely love grinding all day long in order to defeat sadistically hard bosses, then I can recommend this game. If not, well, give it a try anyway. Don't let some stranger tell you what to do.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Fachry3

the game is to hard can't pass the first dungeon in plus no easy mod aether have to kill 1000 bandit to get enough exp for fighting the boss... one star from me... just run around killing bandit in the firt dungeon. i tought this is a hentai game and not adventure game with little hentai 1 fucking star from me. i can't even enjoy the art just because have to keep fighting another bandit (in the first dungeon no less.)