VN Let's talk about Adult VN clichés, good or bad?

Deleted member 3736421

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
I've played a fair share of adult VN games and have seen a few common themes pop up. The most common is the young horny male MC that lives with a bunch of female "roommates" and a hot MILF "landlord." Personally, those can be fun but it's like, sure we have all seen this before this novelty has worn off.

However, on the flip side of things, I have also seen dev's out there really trying to create unique experiences that I would classify as art. I think some devs are pushing these games into wonderful and forward-thinking directions.

What are some of the clichés you find most common in this genre? Are there ones you like? Or do you think it is stagnating the genre as a whole?

I ask because I am developing my own game and am curious how everyone feels about the state of this scene.

Thanks for indulging me. Warm regards <3

doble77

Feb 24, 2018
One of my most hated cliches is when the MC is the only "good" male character in the game. Every other male in the story is just there for trying to rape/force/steal one of the girls so the MC can save her.
Ok, I admit that maybe is not a very common cliche, but it's something that riles me up when I see it :p