[Cheat Mod] [Ren'Py] Lewd Island - Cheatmenu [v.0.12][Ikarius]

Nov 13, 2017
Overview:
A simple mod to change Sanity and to allow skipping of unseen Text.
The Design of the Dialog-Background is also changed to transparent.
It's just one file that is not an original file, so it can be removed easily.

If you have an idea or something is just irritating, write a reply maybe I can implement into the mod.
Press ' , ' [Comma} to open menu.

Updated: 26.01.2019
Game/Creator: by
Modder: Ikarius
Mod Version: v0.12
Game Version: Day 7 Evening
Language: English

Features:
+ Console / Developer
+ New Design (Theme)
+ Able to change Sanity / Lock it at 10
+ Skip enabled
+ Cheat/Codes

Installation:
Paste File into the '/game' Folder
Press ' , ' [Comma} to open menu.

Download: - -
Samples/Screenshots
Design.jpg menu.jpg Sanity.jpg

Attachments

Nov 13, 2017
Thanks, it'll spare me from having to use the console.
That was exactly the reason why I wrote the mod. I don't want to open the console everytime after I choose the "wrong" choice (even though I want to know what happens). So a little loop helps a lot. And in the ~60 lines of code is a new design and other helpful features.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Hey high flyer! Please set a link to the original game in the OP. Should always be done, it's just more convenient that way. Our mems will know exactly for which game this mod is.

Game/Creator: by

Thanks for keeping my sanity in check. ;)

Cirro84

Dec 24, 2016
btw, can you raise sanity to 20 points or more too, without breaking the game?? :unsure:
Wondering why it shouldn't be 100 points at first on the plane (all is normal). After D is realising they're trapped it would drop to, say, 80. From then onwards the PC could freely decide to do whatever with her... Let her go crazy/an hero or save lil' princess. Some bigger drop when e.g. the ship is sailing away etc. would still be happening.

Bad thing is D is hardly regaining any sanity over time. :/ Bad boy me.

A more logical distribution makes more sense to me tbh.

Nov 13, 2017
btw, can you raise sanity to 20 points or more too, without breaking the game?? :unsure:
Wondering why it shouldn't be 100 points at first on the plane (all is normal). After D is realising they're trapped it would drop to, say, 80. From then onwards the PC could freely decide to do whatever with her... Let her go crazy/an hero or save lil' princess. Some bigger drop when e.g. the ship is sailing away etc. would still be happening.

Bad thing is D is hardly regaining any sanity over time. :/ Bad boy me.

A more logical distribution makes more sense to me tbh.
The Problem is that there is a limit on the Sanity. (Attachment)
Lets say you have Sanity at 10 and you chose a good choice, Sanity wouldn't be at 11 because the limit will automatically reduce it to 10. The same is with 0 Sanity, you can't have <0 Sanity. If you delete limit.rpy (and limit.rpyc) it would be possible to have more than 10 Sanity, but the Game Over would be buggy (or doesn't even work anymore).

Short: 10 is the maximal Sanity right now.

Maybe I will create a real Mod in the future and not just a Cheatmenu dialog. Also because this is one of my first projects i don't want to change any original files and work with only one .rpy file.

Attachments

Cirro84

Dec 24, 2016
Essentially my thoughts Ika. Mean, if these 'good boy points' are in, they're part of the game. No matter how dumb it may look. Wouldn't delete them either, as they're base of the mechanics. Already speculated if it could be done though, even with rewriting half of the game framework. One thing I can say (this is why I mentioned it):
- I wrote '20 points' explicitely, already cheated that amount (up to 25) in between for longer passages ('ship's coming' scene, 'let's play a game' scene).
Didn't break the game it seems, and it gives more freedom of choice for dialogues and scenes.
- I mostly like to play such games the way I always would, just normal action - reaction progress. Nothing fancy.
If NPC is bitching around I'd probably like to get rough too, tell them to behave, not to get their panties in a twist. Else I don't need to. Am not wanting to be an arse the whole time, you know?

Now, being forced to play Mr. Nice Guy just because sucks. This why i cannot enjoy it atm, similar to DMD and other blue-ballers. Dev just doesn't get the balance right. Those 10 'Sanity' points are a joke imho. A bit heckling shouldn't hurt with progress and receiving content. Even more if it's not the player starting it but the NPC, if you know what I mean. Sometimes I somehow feel the urge to make it a game over screen ...

Example given for DMD:
We got a good mod for it here by a talented fellow (think Maim Lain is the user name). With it you can easily enjoy the whole of the game (just my thoughts). Gives you different content which is intended as surplus, not just one scene or bonus but more to go with (i.e. meet either this NPC or that NPC - why not both? Why decide for 'butt points' or 'titty points' and what not, but not all?)
ML did it right giving these options, players can still choose to opt out if they wanted. That 'you have to make a descision' is holding back I'd say, especially if the content is existing. If it's fetish content some players will only want to play specific routes - okay, why not. But you're only supposed to get said content if you 'did the right thing'.
I mean, what's the matter?? Seriously? It's nothing more than a game after all. Don't see any 'replay value' coming with this (sometimes mentioned as a reason).
Not having access to certain content 'because score too low' is used as an artificial barrier which at times really does not make any sense at all (don't dream for too long, it hurts 'sanity' later on! Really?? Because NPC got a lewd dream?).
If you got choices which lead to a dead end (pun intended XD) the dev is basically trying to hide the fun from players, dug into the sand somewhere. So gimme a shovel (cheat)? That shouldn't be a solution.

If LI dev goes down the very same route the game's losing potential I'm afraid. I'm really wishing the best for the project. DMD dev tried too hard to wall players in for my tastes. :/
Cool to know you seem to think the same way. Would be even better if devs take that more seriously, perhaps include improvements created by a dedicated community. Sorry for the WOT mate. Have fun. :)