19Castiel23

Jul 25, 2017
Hey guys,

Some of you guys already know a little bit about my health problems. I've had some ongoing issues for a while now, and I've been back in the hospital for the last few days. They're now telling me that I have two possible futures ahead of me, if I don't get a transplant, then it will be less than a year.

I'm stepping back from game development to focus on my health. In the mean time, I'm going to turn over all the characters and files to Monster. He will continue development of Lexi without me.

Currently he is looking for a team to pose and render, while he does the writing. So if any of you are interested in joining that team, contact him on the Lexi discord channel. And I think he will be posting something here in the near future.

The current Patreon page will be reverted back to a non-creator page soon. Monster will start his own page and anyone who wishes to support his efforts can migrate over to him.

To those who were able and generous enough to support us, I'm sorry. I wish I could continue. If you're willing to give Monster a chance, he is going to do everything he can to keep the project going.

I'll give Monster a while to get things going. If for some reason he fails to keep the project going, I'll release the character files so you guys can use them in other projects if you wish.

Chatterbox
Get will soon Chatterbox :oops::oops::oops:

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Hey guys,

Some of you guys already know a little bit about my health problems. I've had some ongoing issues for a while now, and I've been back in the hospital for the last few days. They're now telling me that I have two possible futures ahead of me, if I don't get a transplant, then it will be less than a year.

I'm stepping back from game development to focus on my health. In the mean time, I'm going to turn over all the characters and files to Monster. He will continue development of Lexi without me.

Currently he is looking for a team to pose and render, while he does the writing. So if any of you are interested in joining that team, contact him on the Lexi discord channel. And I think he will be posting something here in the near future.

The current Patreon page will be reverted back to a non-creator page soon. Monster will start his own page and anyone who wishes to support his efforts can migrate over to him.

To those who were able and generous enough to support us, I'm sorry. I wish I could continue. If you're willing to give Monster a chance, he is going to do everything he can to keep the project going.

I'll give Monster a while to get things going. If for some reason he fails to keep the project going, I'll release the character files so you guys can use them in other projects if you wish.

Chatterbox
@Chatterbox - I'm really sorry to hear that news about your health... the game is secondary to the thought of what you must be going through.

It also highlights to me how much a lot of us take our good health for granted... How would I cope with hearing such news? Damn - my brain shrivels at the thought!! All the very best to you & I can only hope that you recover and we see you here at F95 in the future - game or no game. Just come by & talk shit with the rest of us when you feel up to it! :)

Casual Voyeur

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
I like your game very much and will keep an eye on further releases, but I will also keep my expectations low.
A game is more than just a combination of renders, text and sound - it has a "soul", breathed into life by its creator.
With you stepping back from the project the artistic vision we came to know cannot be taken as granted any more.
This isn't meant in a negative way towards the new team - it's my way of expressing my appreciation for your unique work.

So, thanks for that.

And now... get well, make sure you - just like the game you created - are more than the sum of the parts:
Alive and kicking. :)

Last edited:

Arden4702

Jul 22, 2017
Only issue I have is waiting till the billing is done for start of month then closing so basically collection the money then not fulfilling what was promised, im even still being billed for the month. Do hate that your sick and hope you get better but that was wrong to do that.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Only issue I have is waiting till the billing is done for start of month then closing so basically collection the money then not fulfilling what was promised, im even still being billed for the month. Do hate that your sick and hope you get better but that was wrong to do that.
Arden. I didn't get the news, then wait until after the 1st. I shut the Patreon page down after I found out to keep people from being charged further. If you would like a refund, I understand. Send me a paypal email, and I'll send you a full refund.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Best wishes for your health. I really liked your vision for Lexi but now that you are stepping back I have my expectations set to a minimum. Probably they are going to morph it into something with Grinding points or something else I find tedious.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hey guys,

Chatterbox

Oh damn, was looking for any news about Lexi (as it is on the way to become one of my fave games here) and read this.
I'm so sorry to hear this and I hope with all my heart that you can get a transplant very soon.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Lexi is a great game, with some lovely characters, here's hoping monster finds enough collaborators to continue working on it, the in-pouring support for Chatterbox and offers to help for the game shows that this can indeed be a great community.

Maybe the game will continue and the creator can return to it in the future.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Yeah it is a great community. It's very heartwarming that people care. Kinda restores your faith in humanity.

Good news is that Monster struck a deal with someone to do the posing and render. Monster will take over the coding part. So Lexi is not dead.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
@Chatterbox :
even i like lexi because its a really nice game, i give a shit about it if you dont get well again as soon as possible.

Hope you will fight your health problems and may return one day to stay for as many years as you can imagine.
Dont care about the game - take care about yourself.
no game on earth is worth the health of someone

best wishes for you (y)

U

User_17502

Yeah it is a great community. It's very heartwarming that people care. Kinda restores your faith in humanity.

Good news is that Monster struck a deal with someone to do the posing and render. Monster will take over the coding part. So Lexi is not dead.
No, Lexi is not dead at all.

After having some time to recoup me and @envixer plan on getting right back on track. Unfortunately we were left in a pretty awkward situation after @Chatterbox was forced to terminate his Patreon, so I will be waiting to put up a new patreon until our first official release of Lexi Version 0.04. This version will be free for all as proof that the dream is still alive and we are working to bring it to fruition.

As soon as that is ready to share I will throw up the Patreon and hopefully you guys will deem our continued efforts worthy of support. I would also like to thank everyone for you unceasing offers and interest in the rest of Lexi's story.

Thank you
-HN95

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes