Seeking LF recommendation for a well written vn/dating sim

Nov 2, 2021
Hello guys!

like the title suggests, I am looking for a well written virtual novel and/or dating sim. The one game I have in mind as reference is Katawa Shoujo. But I am also a big fan of Harem Hotel (which is surprisingly well written).
Any other games that go in these directions?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 16, 2023
Hello guys!

like the title suggests, I am looking for a well written virtual novel and/or dating sim. The one game I have in mind as reference is Katawa Shoujo. But I am also a big fan of Harem Hotel (which is surprisingly well written).
Any other games that go in these directions?

Thanks in advance!
I can definitely list out alot of games but just need some clarifications first. Can the game have an overarching plot with strong romantical arcs or are you just looking for strict slice of life? Katawa is strict slice of life whereas HH has some fantasy stuff but mostly just a sandbox slice of life at heart.
Like my fav game, Out of Touch by Story Anon, has very strong romantic arcs but the overall plot is centered around Gods, superpowers etc. Therefore, I wanted to understand your taste so I can recommend accordingly.

Also, are you open to various styles like Daz, koi, etc.?

I like to play games with a coherent plot and decent romantic arcs. So you'll find all my favs listed in my profile. Just let me know your preference and I'll filter those for you or feel free to try the ones listed in my profile and ama about any of em. :)

Nov 2, 2021
I can definitely list out alot of games but just need some clarifications first. Can the game have an overarching plot with strong romantical arcs or are you just looking for strict slice of life? Katawa is strict slice of life whereas HH has some fantasy stuff but mostly just a sandbox slice of life at heart.
Like my fav game, Out of Touch by Story Anon, has very strong romantic arcs but the overall plot is centered around Gods, superpowers etc. Therefore, I wanted to understand your taste so I can recommend accordingly.

Also, are you open to various styles like Daz, koi, etc.?

I like to play games with a coherent plot and decent romantic arcs. So you'll find all my favs listed in my profile. Just let me know your preference and I'll filter those for you or feel free to try the ones listed in my profile and ama about any of em. :)
Hey!

To be honest, I don't really know because I've not really dabbled with these games/genres all that much. I don't think that I would have a problem with an overarching plot and I can definitely tell you that I do like a good romance. I think every route in Katawa is a good romance that's why I picked that game as a reference. I can tell you, that I also liked the following games: What a Legend (when will they release the new update ;( ), Summertime Saga (probably one of my favorites since it's funny and has some decent romance + H scenes), Love & Sex - Second Base, Lust Epidemic (had a fun story and some fun H scenes). I also played Sunrider Academy which is probably the closest game to Katawa out of all the once I mentioned and that's a game I also remember liking quite a bit for it's character arcs.

In regards to your other question: I don't know what "Daz" and "koi" mean so I don't know how to answer that question. I guess you mean the art style with koi being a reference to Koikatsu? I think Honey Select is also a... game? Tool? That is often used to create games? I don't really have a preference here. I like drawn games if the art style is good like in Summertime Saga or What a Legend for example but I also like games that use 3D models like Harem Hotel. I guess I would consider it a turn off in a sense when the artist is clearly not talented enough to create a hand drawn game but does so anyway or when the game is mainly presented with a black text box with some images flashing in every now and then.

I hope that answeres your questions? I'm looking forward to your recommendations!

miel360

Apr 9, 2021
Here are my recommendations based on your liked games in your post/response.

Hero's Harem Guild Good story imo. You actually have a reason for being where you are, and a reason for building relationships with the girls and convincing them to join your guild. Reminds me somewhat of Harem Hotel.

Another Chance I don't think I would consider this a dating sim, but it reminded me a lot of Summertime Saga. Good life-sim type story.

Lucky Paradox This game is well liked by a lot of people, though I haven't gotten around to playing it myself. Still recommended though based on the number of positive reviews.

Nov 2, 2021
Here are my recommendations based on your liked games in your post/response.

Hero's Harem Guild Good story imo. You actually have a reason for being where you are, and a reason for building relationships with the girls and convincing them to join your guild. Reminds me somewhat of Harem Hotel.

Another Chance I don't think I would consider this a dating sim, but it reminded me a lot of Summertime Saga. Good life-sim type story.

Lucky Paradox This game is well liked by a lot of people, though I haven't gotten around to playing it myself. Still recommended though based on the number of positive reviews.
These do look interesting! Thanks!

Jun 16, 2023
Daz is basically the 3d modeling software that makes the realistic models like the ones used in big titles like Being a Dik.

HS is honey select and although it's a game people use the software to make their own games like the big hitter Eternum by Caribdis

Koi is koikatsu and same as HS people use it to make their own game. Like a good koi game is My Time With You by Eolostudios.

I'm gonna list out all my fav games with strong romantic arcs and well-written plot:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: hey friend, I have separated my list by render type and popularity. All of these are amazing games, hope you enjoy em :)

Nov 2, 2021
Daz is basically the 3d modeling software that makes the realistic models like the ones used in big titles like Being a Dik.

HS is honey select and although it's a game people use the software to make their own games like the big hitter Eternum by Caribdis

Koi is koikatsu and same as HS people use it to make their own game. Like a good koi game is My Time With You by Eolostudios.

I'm gonna list out all my fav games with strong romantic arcs and well-written plot:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: hey friend, I have separated my list by render type and popularity. All of these are amazing games, hope you enjoy em :)
Nice, thank you! I'll take a look into this!