VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Liberated Dreams [v0.5] [Bartex]

1. 4.00 star(s)

ShamanLab

I decided to write this review because there is only one review with one star rate and i didn't think this game deserve so harsh criticism.

This is a nice romance game with a very decent pictures. The plot is lousy sometime. :)

There is no stupid routines or overused dumb gameplay formulas. No overused dumb plot cliches. No college, goblins, demons, cloud maidens crap. :)
  2. 1.00 star(s)

KrystofDayne

Review on v0.5

Uhhh... what??

What is even happening here? The story is super non-sensical, apparently "love" that some beings in some other universes feel for you forces portals to open up to these other dimensions and to these beings that irrationally "love" you even though you don't know each other and have never met.

Apart from that completely arbitrary construct that apparently allows you to sleep with all these women / anthropomorphic creatures, the writing lacks substantial subtlety in all facets of the "game". For one, it's clear that the text is just badly translated Engrish but even accounting for that, lines like "You know, I haven't seen another human for so many years. And I'm about twenty and my hormones, you know..." and exchanges like "Your pussy tasted like vanilla ice cream that I remember from my childhood..." "You could at least wait until I wake up! Maybe if you asked, I would let you massage my feet!" "I'm sorry... but you are for me like an angel that fell from heaven straight to me... Sorry... but maybe will you let me now?"—these shouldn't exist in any game.

The story also generally moves way too fast from thread to thread, you have no time actually getting to know your "love" interests before you're hurled into another dimension and the arms of another being that's in love with you.

Other than that, the renders are okay, I guess, but not fabulous, the models generally standing in very generic poses as sprites in front of their environments and the sex scenes, even though they seem to be the main point of the game seeing as how fast everyone jumps into bed with you, are all only like 3 renders long. And off to another dimension it goes.

I guess, maybe, probably, the dev has something bigger in mind for the story, how to connect all these threads and make sense of it but that can't change the terrible writing in this so far.

Not really related but definitely too much weird unexplained and unavoidable foot fetish from all the characters. If that's the dev's thing, fine, doesn't mean it makes sense for all the characters to be into it.
    Also not a fan of the furry stuff, but that's just personal preference so I don't have a huge problem that it's in there.

But all in all, I definitely can't recommend this. Can't even see a good possibility to fix these problems, the dev would basically have to agree to a massive overhaul of their whole story which I don't see happening.