anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Don't know what went wrong.
The fact that you increase tiempo before testing the value of energy.
If the player choose to rest first (after all, it's the last word said by Death, "I will gift you a place to stay. Rest."), then try the other options, starting by "sleep", boom. tiempo pass to 2, but the player isn't sent to sleephome. And when he will effectively be sent to the said label, tiempo will be at 3 this time, so no dream for him.

Also, why do you split the sentences like that ? You've a say window big enough for four lines, and you limit every dialog to just one line, splitting sentence in a way that make it hard to follow the dialog.

Reactions: Canto Forte
D

Deleted member 1407982

The fact that you increase tiempo before testing the value of energy.
If the player choose to rest first (after all, it's the last word said by Death, "I will gift you a place to stay. Rest."), then try the other options, starting by "sleep", boom. tiempo pass to 2, but the player isn't sent to sleephome. And when he will effectively be sent to the said label, tiempo will be at 3 this time, so no dream for him.

Also, why do you split the sentences like that ? You've a say window big enough for four lines, and you limit every dialog to just one line, splitting sentence in a way that make it hard to follow the dialog.
You are right! Thank you, it will be fixed on next release.

The dialogues... I screwed up and when I found out I was doing it wrong, there was too much dialogue to fix. I don't have too much time to work on this so I rather keep going forward. So, I decided I was going to keep doing it like that. If it is too annoying I will consider doing it correctly from now on, and change everything when I finish the first 1.0 version.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The dialogues... I screwed up and when I found out I was doing it wrong, there was too much dialogue to fix. I don't have too much time to work on this so I rather keep going forward. So, I decided I was going to keep doing it like that. If it is too annoying I will consider doing it correctly from now on, and change everything when I finish the first 1.0 version.
Can't talk for the others, but I had to force myself to play, especially because of this. As for the fix, it ask for a little time, but mostly it's just hitting the "delete" key few times to merge the lines. Do something like twenty lines a day, and you'll not really see it pass.

D

Deleted member 1407982

Here is the update, version 0.6

DOM76210

Dec 19, 2017
Ok, these models just don't work for me. Cute faces, oversized breasts, and microscopic waists. I think Barbie has a bigger waist than some of these models.

Reactions: rKnight

Repuci

May 1, 2017
When trying the second magical ritual, got an error

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/elfhome.rpy", line 738, in script
dre "Come back if you find it."
Exception: Sayer 'dre' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Games\Autre\LaD\LifeandDeath-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 664, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "E:\Games\Autre\LaD\LifeandDeath-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 564, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'dre' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
LifeandDeath 0.6
Fri Jul 05 15:55:30 2019
```

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
Interesting concept. Wondering if this could benefit from a remake with a darker, more graphically fitting system of images. Something similar to Dreams of Desire or whatever

D

Deleted member 1407982

Interesting concept. Wondering if this could benefit from a remake with a darker, more graphically fitting system of images. Something similar to Dreams of Desire or whatever
I will check that. I am really considering making a remake with better backgrounds and improved images, but I want to finish it first, so it won't happen in a long time. It is a learning project and child of boredom. If someone wants to make it better I don't consider it any kind of intellectual property so go on and make the world a better place.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Although it might not be needed, here is a compressed version.

Life and Death [v0.5] [Hellspawn] - Original Size: 790MB

Download PC (213MB): - - - -
Download MAC (203MB): - - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Any chance of your wicked magik to shrink this disaster game to bite size? It got to 1Gb now:(

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone know how to progress the story? I already killed the dark elves and did everything Freyja related. I got all the items from the merchant too.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Dev said that the second ritual is NOT available yet.

Dev mentioned 2-3 animations with Freyja were the additions to the latest version.

Congrats! You beat this game!

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Some typos in the code cause errors:

should be
fre "Come back if you find it."

File "game/elfhome.rpy", line 49, in script
jump elfhomemen

should be
jump elfhomemenu

File "game/mountain.rpy", line 343, in script
jump devilone

should be
jump demonone

D

Deleted member 1407982

Does anyone know how to progress the story? I already killed the dark elves and did everything Freyja related. I got all the items from the merchant too.
Are you guys not getting the travel to the mountain message?

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote