the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
just fyi, i've updated the post linked in the op with my unofficial android port of Life v0.12.07.

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
Depends on which scene it is,
OK I got 44/44 in the main story (thanks for the tip :) ).
And I figured out which one i was missing from the optional.
in 0.10.4 you have:
$sarah_shower_peek_uncaught = True
but in 0.11.5 onwards you've change it to:
$sarah_shower_peek = True

I looked in in my 0.10.4 last save, sarah_shower_peek_uncaught = True
but in my 0.12.7 save, sarah_shower_peek = False
and missing in side_story_achievements

you may want to add a check those who have sarah_shower_peek_uncaught = True
then set it true in sarah_shower_peek and add it into side_story_achievements

Mar 18, 2019
When I launch it, it give me a .txt saying

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
Exception: Couldn't find file '._archive.rpi'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/private/var/folders/l8/15sc555x1k32_tn4p0q39tl80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A03F3EE9-4A49-4738-9020-EBC3268523CD/d/IndecentDesires.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/private/var/folders/l8/15sc555x1k32_tn4p0q39tl80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A03F3EE9-4A49-4738-9020-EBC3268523CD/d/IndecentDesires.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 292, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "/private/var/folders/l8/15sc555x1k32_tn4p0q39tl80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A03F3EE9-4A49-4738-9020-EBC3268523CD/d/IndecentDesires.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 164, in index_archives
fn = transfn(prefix + ".rpi")
File "/private/var/folders/l8/15sc555x1k32_tn4p0q39tl80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A03F3EE9-4A49-4738-9020-EBC3268523CD/d/IndecentDesires.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 648, in transfn
raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
Exception: Couldn't find file '._archive.rpi'.

Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092

Wed Mar 20 20:31:06 2019
If anyone know's how to fix this, please help me

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Im hating this game so much stuck in a damn loop cant get birthday party to start
If you hate the game, don't play it my dude.
If you're stuck, use the walkthrough.
And I figured out which one i was missing from the optional.
Right, I forgot about that...
The problem is that the old variable isn't declared anymore so it'll probably throw an error if I do set the state of the new variable depending on the state of the old one.
I feel like this is just something that people will have to accept on a game in the making.
IndecentDesires.app
I don't know what you're doing but my game's not called Indecent Desires, so maybe take a look at that.
though there is a bug with the hotfix where you can't go to work in the office.
It's only a bug when QDPA is at 9 it seems.
Basically it wouldn't give anything if you had 9, I just made it so that the option disappears at 9 instead, but I forgot to do that to the tracker, so it still looks like they're there. This is just to limit what people can do so that their saves don't get messed up in the future by leveling the QDPA to ridiculous levels.

Reactions: Lucius Drake

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Yeah, I'd like to know as well.
On the main side, I've completed Helen's encounters since 0.10.04 & moved the the new home, now there's a new Helen encounter & haven't seen her image pop up.
View attachment 266527
i have no "unknown" left..no idea how i finished everything ..i just clicked stuff and stuff happened..no rhyme or reason in my play ..LOL and it worked!!

Morte111

Oct 11, 2017
@Fasder - enjoying the game so far! Straightforward playability, nice 3D models,
very impressed by the net tech questions - I remember learning this same stuff in network comms units in 1989-1991 :)

A minor nitpick on one of your tech questions for 'work'
- you/your lecturer may feel free to disagree, although I have over two decades of professional experience - over a decade specifically in high availability & redundancy:

Your existing Q&A:

Question 1: Higher redundancy in the physical network often means a higher failure rate
Answer: True: In order to have higher redundancy in the physical network you need more devices, more devices inherently means a higher failure rate

That is a bit misleading and does not specify context of 'failure rate' for the overall network, or for the individual devices - the primary purpose of redundancy is to lower the failure rate/downtime for the overall network, as well as load balancing and scalability as a side benefit when all nodes are up and running nicely :)

Thus, to keep the answer as is, without being misleading, you could rewrite the question as:
"Higher redundancy in the physical network often means a higher individual device failure rate"

Apologies for nitpick, my bad OCD-ness...

Much appreciation for your effort and congrats on a great game :)

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
@Fasder - enjoying the game so far! Straightforward playability, nice 3D models,
Good to hear, glad you like it. :)
A minor nitpick on one of your tech questions for 'work'
Nitpicks are fine!
the primary purpose of redundancy is to lower the failure rate/downtime for the overall network
I'd be inclined to disagree with your reasoning here.
Redundancy doesn't prevent failure, it's meant to mitigate the consequence if something fails.
Say you lose connection on one link, then you need a secondary link to take over.
Since you have two links the chance that either fails is twice as likely than having one because we just doubled the potential points of failure.
So failure rate, downtime and redundancy are all related, but not the same thing.
You can have five points of failure every day, but if you have redundancies in place to take over for the equipment/software or whatever that failed, then you will prevent downtime.
Much appreciation for your effort and congrats on a great game
Thank you. :)

Reactions: Morte111

Dongness

Aug 17, 2017
@Fasder Hi is there anything left to do with the mother I already took the ladder and spied on her talking on the phone is that all the content with her so far ?

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes