Seeking LifeSim thread with reviews

serafuku

Jul 31, 2019
I recently tried to find some new Lifesim style games and felt it was pretty hard to find a good list of games in that style, so I decided to make a list of all the ones I've played enough to have an opinion on and post it in a thread. For more information on the games you should check out their pages or just ask in the comments. Feel free to also leave your recommendations in the comments, because I'm still looking for more lifesim games to play.

Lilith’s Throne - 9/10
Solid game with fairly engaging gameplay. The combat can get pretty easy on normal difficulty and it’s very easy to cheese it. In terms of fetish content this game has a robust system for disabling things that turn you off. No visual representation for most non-story related characters could be a negative for some but I personally think it’s fine. My main complaint with the game is that it gets a bit stale after you’ve built a decently sized harem of slaves because the current story is very short, but that’s getting remedied relatively soon with the release of a new major patch coming up. Bit of a side note but this game goes pretty hard on furry stuff but that can be tuned to your preference, from fully anthro with anatomically correct genitalia to anime-style catgirls and everything in between.

Artificial Academy 2 - 10/10
Now this game is a bit of an outlier in this list as it’s developed by a full team, not just some people with spare time and it shows in the final product. AA2 is a fantastic game with a very simple gameplay loop. You customize a full class consisting of 24 students and a teacher and then take control of one of them and live out the life in a (very horny) japanese highschool. The customization is a bit clunky and requires you to have at least 2 windows open, but the characters look pretty good so it’s worth the effort. There’s not a lot of fetish stuff in the game, mostly just rape play and minor Sub/Dom elements. I would highly recommend playing it modded not only for the removed censoring but also because it gives more customization options, both aesthetic and personality wise. NPC-NPC relations have a tendency to form a lot faster than PC-NPC but that can be sort of avoided with the baked in cheat menu.

Hard Time in Hornstown - 7/10
The game is pretty fun and I enjoyed the different paths you can take in it. It’s nice having visuals for all characters in the game even if most of them can look pretty similar and I also really like the Tinder-esque app. The reason why I can’t give it a higher score is that I didn’t really like all the sissification/genderbender stuff and I felt the game tried a bit too hard forcing it on to the player, why give them a choice to play as a Dom if most of the things you do force you to be a Sub. I didn’t put too much time into the game as a result of this. Outside of that I thought the concept behind it was pretty cool and I would love a similar game with slightly less TF focus.

Apotheosis - 8/10
A very cool idea that could use a bit more content (which is coming from what I understand). I do really love the many self-contained stories that you can get but the game overall felt a bit too short, although I haven’t played all paths and I’ve read that some are quite a bit longer than others. The religious themes lead to an interesting setting which I personally really liked. This game is text only which once again, some people might not like. There’s a bit of fetish content but in general it isn’t very extreme outside of futa and some minor transformation stuff

Degrees of Lewdity - 9/10
Rape, rape, rape. That’s the main chunk of the content you’ll run into in this game, if that turns you on then this is the game for you. To clarify that’s NPC on PC rape, not the other way around. The player will almost always be the submissive in this game and the only real time you’re not on the receiving end of some struggle snuggle is when you’re selling your body, or in with some of the romanceable characters. The only character with any real visual representation is the PC, all the others are either silhouettes and/or disembodied body parts. There is a bit of fetish customization (besides the rape) such a water sports and bestiality but this game is pretty extereme even with most of it disabled.

Live the Life - 1/10
Don’t

Honorable Mentions:
Koikatsu -
This game is made by the same devs as AA2 and has one of the best character customizations in any game I’ve ever played. The caveat is that I feel like the gameplay loop is way too simple to call it lifesim, it’s little more than a glorified Meet and Fuck game. If you’re gonna try it, which I would still recommend, then make sure you DON’T play the steam version as it both disables the sex and reduces the amount of customization you have.

Sims 4 Wicked Whims -
I put this in the honorable mentions as it’s just a mod but this is probably the most complete lifesim experience you’re going to get, after all it’s just a Sims game but with fully animated sex scenes added. Highly recommended.

Last edited: