indyfordfan

May 13, 2018
Basically, that. I really, really, really love breasts, from the massive neckbreaker kind to the itty-bitty tiddie kind, and I found that most AVGs out there just have these bland globe like things with a little knob on them which I always suspected are meant to mimic the shape of a bra rather than an actual breast. As anyone who's spend any time with boobs will know, no two are alike (and that's not a mistake that I didn't say "no two pairs are alike"), and they look nothing like a bland globe.

I'm not sure if others don't care enough to make an effort, prefer a more idealized shape (which to me detracts from the charm) or are just focussing on meeting their release schedule and can't afford to spend the time. Because it comes at a price, boobs are not modeled easily in 3d, and there's a lot of time spent tweaking the models and posing them in the scenes.

It's been remarked on plenty of times that the time between updates for LomL is... long, and that's because I take days and not hours or minutes setting up a single scene, due to stuff like, well, boobs (and lighting, and expressions, and poses and sexual positions that don't come out of a box, etc.). There's no way I can match the punishing release schedules and matching popular support of other AVGs, but it's a trade I'd happily make for the sake of boobs.
That attention to detail is why this is probably my favorite game! The facial expressions the girls give also are awesome

Draccon99

Jul 26, 2017
At first I was like " why this game got such high rating, character look like shit" but I gave it a try since this rating shouldn't come from nothing. After the intro all is clear, very nice writing and story flow. Character design isn't my thing but I will get used to it I"m sure. Very good workaround for not needing incest patch, more games should do it this way.

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
I just recently played this game for the first time, and I almost feel like I owe the developer an apology for not having played it and posted about it sooner. I agree with many of the sentiments I have seen in this tread, such as:
-The models used for the women are great. After playing many of the games here, it took a bit to get used to them, but I really enjoy them now. The faces do well to get across what the girls are feeling. And I like the more natural-looking breasts!
-I like the pacing of the story so far. Not too rushed, but enough going on to keep me interested.
-The characters. Denise makes me smile with her innocence and take-charge attitude. Macy frustrated me with her attitude, then made me sad when I found out where it comes from. Brooke's interaction with the girls will be interesting to see in the future. And the S-3 girls will provide some fun in some interesting directions.
Bravo, Naughty Road. I'm looking forward to the updates.

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
ok im self quarantine for 14 days with the corona virus the Deluca Family has just released and has made my life less shitty so i need more good "reading material" like Light of my life to keep me sane so please release the game im so lonely and so bored having the corona virus SUCKS

Last edited:

Sabberlott

Oct 29, 2018
This question was most probably answered already (maybe more than once), but do you do all your writing, rendering and especially modelling and texturing all by yourself? Or are there other people invovled?

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
This question was most probably answered already (maybe more than once), but do you do all your writing, rendering and especially modelling and texturing all by yourself? Or are there other people invovled?
Writing, rendering and coding, yes.

Modelling: to some extent. Which is to say, it's just me, but modeling may be to big a word for what I'm doing. Daz3d comes with a few base models and a series of characters based off those models (hence the recurrence of several a-listers in so many games). In my case, I stay away from those characters for the most part, although I might use their skin textures for some variation. Instead I'm using several products that let me extensively morph and tweak the shape of the faces and bodies and finetune breasts etc., by pulling any of several hundred sliders. So a whole lot of customizing, but I'm not going into z-brush to actually 3d-model the characters, I'm not that skilled and too strapped for time.

I do mess about with textures a little, I might tweak skin tones on characters, or apply some deformities (I did in First Contact). I modify shaders and textures on outfits, and even 3d model the occasional prop from scratch if I can't find what I need, and I'll texture those as well, but all of it is relatively simple stuff.

But of course there's others involved, for instance I'll consult with my wife on outfits (which is to say, she'll drop by and demand to see what I came up with, then makes me change it if she doesn't like it), and come release time I've several people who've been kind enough to proofread my beta's for me, and in addition any top tier backer has access to the beta version and they'll provide proofing feedback on occasion too.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
But of course there's others involved, for instance I'll consult with my wife on outfits (which is to say, she'll drop by and demand to see what I came up with, then makes me change it if she doesn't like it)
Now that is a good advantage having a womans opinion on the fashion they know their stuff when it comes to clothing and whatnot although I draw the line at when they try and dress you :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: naughtyroad

Sabberlott

Oct 29, 2018
Writing, rendering and coding, yes.

Modelling: to some extent. Which is to say, it's just me, but modeling may be to big a word for what I'm doing. Daz3d comes with a few base models and a series of characters based off those models (hence the recurrence of several a-listers in so many games). In my case, I stay away from those characters for the most part, although I might use their skin textures for some variation. Instead I'm using several products that let me extensively morph and tweak the shape of the faces and bodies and finetune breasts etc., by pulling any of several hundred sliders. So a whole lot of customizing, but I'm not going into z-brush to actually 3d-model the characters, I'm not that skilled and too strapped for time.

I do mess about with textures a little, I might tweak skin tones on characters, or apply some deformities (I did in First Contact). I modify shaders and textures on outfits, and even 3d model the occasional prop from scratch if I can't find what I need, and I'll texture those as well, but all of it is relatively simple stuff.

But of course there's others involved, for instance I'll consult with my wife on outfits (which is to say, she'll drop by and demand to see what I came up with, then makes me change it if she doesn't like it), and come release time I've several people who've been kind enough to proofread my beta's for me, and in addition any top tier backer has access to the beta version and they'll provide proofing feedback on occasion too.
Then kudos to you sir, that is incredible work you are doing. It shows that you are really committed to your work, and doing all those things in large parts by yourself with this level of quality is nothing ordinary, let me tell you.

If, in the future, I can support you with ~15 yrs of enterprise coding ability, let me know. The current "situation" in the world frees up quite some spare time. Otherwise, or better in any case, I am totally happy with supporting your Patreon soon. Well deserved.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) although I draw the line at when they try and dress you :LOL:
Lol I gave that up, now I'm just rolling with it.

(...) If, in the future, I can support you with ~15 yrs of enterprise coding ability, let me know. (...)
Cheers, luckily the coding involved is the least amount of work; using an engine like ren'py lets you create a VN without needing to code anything more complex than an if-then for the most part, and if the transform language takes some getting used to, it's hardly what I'd call proper coding.
I found the most useful skills from my own experience in the field were familiarity with modern source control and the skill to navigate the somewhat arcane project setup ux for Azure Devops.

4.70 star(s) 485 Votes