Daz Lighting in Darkness

ulala0077

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2018
Hi, I am working on my first game. I am at a point, where I need to render a sex scene at night in bedroom without lighting. Like, I dunno if I am explaining it right, so I will describe the scene. The bedroom is dark, bedroom door is open and light is coming from that way. But I was a blueish or dark blueish tint on render so that the player can see the scene clearly and it will also suggest that the scene is in dark. Like kinda having a nightlight in a room.

Reactions: sutarjo

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Hi, I am working on my first game. I am at a point, where I need to render a sex scene at night in bedroom without lighting. Like, I dunno if I am explaining it right, so I will describe the scene. The bedroom is dark, bedroom door is open and light is coming from that way. But I was a blueish or dark blueish tint on render so that the player can see the scene clearly and it will also suggest that the scene is in dark. Like kinda having a nightlight in a room.
I have only recently dabbled in night scenes, this is how I did one of them.

I have an emission plane in the other room behind her.
1.jpg

And from another scene when she is in the room I put an emissive cylinder above her somewhere.
9_jade8.jpg

Bottom one has been fucked with in photoshop. But thats how I have dome them so far.

If you want more info let me know

ulala0077

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2018
I have only recently dabbled in night scenes, this is how I did one of them.

I have an emission plane in the other room behind her.

And from another scene when she is in the room I put an emissive cylinder above her somewhere.

Bottom one has been fucked with in photoshop. But thats how I have dome them so far.

If you want more info let me know
Wow, Yes that's perfect! I would love to learn how you did that. I am very new to DAZ, it will be a great help!

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Wow, Yes that's perfect! I would love to learn how you did that. I am very new to DAZ, it will be a great help!
This is the door one, I made the plane and the only things I changed in the surfaces tab is the highlighted bits.
light one.jpg light 2.jpg

And I was talking shit with the cylinder, I had used a plane as well light 3.jpg the luminance is a bit down in that one.

You can change the emission color, think pastels for the best effect (I think)

The whole idea of it, there is no other light source in the room.

ulala0077

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2018
This is the door one, I made the plane and the only things I changed in the surfaces tab is the highlighted bits.
View attachment 523346 View attachment 523347

And I was talking shit with the cylinder, I had used a plane as well View attachment 523348 the luminance is a bit down in that one.

You can change the emission color, think pastels for the best effect (I think)

The whole idea of it, there is no other light source in the room.
Thanks a lot! You are the best bro!

ulala0077

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2018
Looks good, just keep playing with it until you get the look you want, you have the basics of it sussed.
You are amazing! This is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't know plane lights were this easy to work with. I was having so much problem using indoor lights, I am gonna use plane lights a lot now. Thank you so much! It both looks darkish but also presents a very clear view and render!
ddbrsx1.png

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
If you wanna play around with them some more, to make a character look good put one about here
kk.jpg
That's the default size (0.5m)

Never put one directly on them, always off the side and at an angle. If the plane gets in the cameras way make the cutout capacity 000.1 (0 will make it not work)

Fuckers will reflect off glass and other shiny stuff though.

Dunno or care if there is a better way to do indoor lighting, it's quick and it works.

If you want to change the strength of the light, change the luminance (1500 default) nothing else. Or move the plane.

ulala0077

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2018
If you wanna play around with them some more, to make a character look good put one about here
View attachment 523417
That's the default size (0.5m)

Never put one directly on them, always off the side and at an angle. If the plane gets in the cameras way make the cutout capacity 000.1 (0 will make it not work)

Fuckers will reflect off glass and other shiny stuff though.

Dunno or care if there is a better way to do indoor lighting, it's quick and it works.

If you want to change the strength of the light, change the luminance (1500 default) nothing else. Or move the plane.
True, it is very quick. Indoor lighting was so time consuming, and it never was hit perfectly. Either going too bright or too low, this is perfect and amazing. Thanks for these tips too. Gonna use them in next render :)

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I don't mess around with the lighting in daz, are you guys able give the room (not the outside sky) an ambient light fill (or a room with a tone of soft light bounce), and bake in soft ambient occlusion? This would basically replicate how a room can be gently lit by a bunch of indirect light bounce (very computationally expensive to render).

Reactions: ulala0077

ulala0077

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2018
I don't mess around with the lighting in daz, are you guys able give the room (not the outside sky) an ambient light fill (or a room with a tone of soft light bounce), and bake in soft ambient occlusion? This would basically replicate how a room can be gently lit by a bunch of indirect light bounce (very computationally expensive to render).
Since, I am very new to DAZ I don't know much about light reflecting in the room. But when it comes to lighting an indoor scene, I have never hit the perfect spot, it either gets a bit too bright or a bit too dim, whether I use indoor light kits like ILPK or Ghost lights or the default lights that come with a room bundle. But I find this plane light filling the room quite well with just a single plane, so I am going to try it to light my indoor scenes.