Seeking Lightweight Assets Recommendations for a Daz Artist

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Here I am searching for some good daz3d assets with low size.

:ROFLMAO:

Editing after a period of time & some experience:

I didn't had much experience when I posted this, but after some months of exploration here I am giving some tips to totally newbies to this field who don't even know ABCD about daz or anything related 3d.

So I posted this thread when I was searching for lightweight assets and at that time it was my thinking that the file size slows down the machine. I didn't had much knowledge about poly counts and different things which affects the performance. I was only considering file size and textures contribute to the major of file size and memory consumption. You can always resize the texture and their resolution to decrease the memory consumption. But here poly counts plays major role. some hair Assets may have less size like around 10MB but they may occupie 5M polygons which will drastically affect performance.

All genesis 8 character models are at at 67k poly count by default and if you change that in parameter ->mesh resolution to base then it will have 18k poly count.

So now AprilYSH hair Assets i recommend because they don't affect much on performance (have mostly near about 100k poly count) and looks quite good. If you don't have very high end beast PC's and not into very ultra high realistic renders with very high close ups.

Last edited: