Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
yea, change yourself into a harpy or go down into submission and find a bat.
Phrased that badly. I know that it's possible to do, since that's how I got out of the situation myself when it happened to me. I was asking mike1991 if he could do it.

Also, in the latest version, wings are not limited to horse-morphs and not limited to "feathered". You can craft a potion that grows wings out of any of the basic consumables. If your MC has the "transformer" fetish, it costs like 10 Essence.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Also, in the latest version, wings are not limited to horse-morphs and not limited to "feathered". You can craft a potion that grows wings out of any of the basic consumables. If your MC has the "transformer" fetish, it costs like 10 Essence.
Yup. Those generic wings are super useful for getting around quickly and safely, it's the first transformation I do, as soon as I'm able.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Really? I always tend to my MC's nether regions first.

Fortunately, this game supports a number of different playstyles.

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
oh? I feel the most fun start is by getting the teleport spell and transforming into an alicorn.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Maybe I'm just a purist, but I've never grown wings before. Very first playthrough I was an awoo, and when the mofus were added I pretty much grew my fluffy tails and never looked back. I never grew wings because they're not supposed to have wings.

Tama.png

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Winged wolves at least are a staple of furry art but yeah, I usually just played bats rather than slap the old horse wings on randomly.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Well I mean, it's no secret I don't like furries, but there's just the fact it just feels like it's trying way too hard to be cute or something.

But I don't bother, I don't need wings on me because that race (at least in lore anyway) is usually more associated with just warping all over the place rather than flying. And since there is a teleport spell, that suits me just fine. The arcane cost to use it is pretty tiny anyway.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Fair enough, you do you. I personally don't do the teleport quest early, since I like to fight the enforcers and take their stuff. Which you can do with an upgraded Vacuum spell, but it requires being able to prolong combat until it very slowly strips them; I imagine that's going to be a lot harder now that Flash got nerfed. Not that I actually wear their outfits, I just like having something I'm not supposed to.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I tend to do the Teleport quest early to get a cheap burst of XP and flames. Don't really care about Enforcer gear. Get through at least until Scarlett sends you to Helena and you're probably ready to get Level Drain and grind for a bit (in several senses of the word) at the Angel's Kiss.

I'm of two minds regarding wings. They're required if you want to free Scarlett and then romance Helena. But there's just the idea of my MC wandering around with a massive pair of wings; doesn't jibe with a lot of character concepts. And really, it takes just as much time IRL to travel somewhere by flying as it does walking. Wings are mostly only useful if you care about getting places quickly in terms of game time (which the game doesn't force you to care about).

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
And really, it takes just as much time IRL to travel somewhere by flying as it does walking. Wings are mostly only useful if you care about getting places quickly in terms of game time (which the game doesn't force you to care about).
Yes, but this being a wish-fulfillment fantasy kind of game, being able to soar across the city in minutes while literally looking down on the common rabble having to schlep around on foot feels satisfying. There's also the annoyance of getting accosted by members of said rabble, which flying almost entirely eliminates.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I'm of two minds regarding wings. They're required if you want to free Scarlett and then romance Helena. But there's just the idea of my MC wandering around with a massive pair of wings; doesn't jibe with a lot of character concepts. And really, it takes just as much time IRL to travel somewhere by flying as it does walking. Wings are mostly only useful if you care about getting places quickly in terms of game time (which the game doesn't force you to care about).
They're not mandatory, only if you want a shortcut to chase after Helena. You can still walk just fine.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Yes, but this being a wish-fulfillment fantasy kind of game, being able to soar across the city in minutes while literally looking down on the common rabble having to schlep around on foot feels satisfying. There's also the annoyance of getting accosted by members of said rabble, which flying almost entirely eliminates.
No, that's all fair. I certainly take advantage of flight myself after my MC becomes a Demon.

One thing that would be nice would be if you could enchant items to grant wingless flight (witch's broom?). It would require a different descriptive text though, and really, it's not a priority.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
They're not mandatory, only if you want a shortcut to chase after Helena. You can still walk just fine.
As I said above, the only thing wings are mandatory for ATM is if you try to do the Helena romance quest after freeing Scarlett. And that's only due to a bug.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Really? I already finished hers and never had any wings. That must be a bug in the new version, because it wasn't originally an issue.

4.10 star(s) 116 Votes