VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Lily's Curse Prologue [v0.3] [GubaStudio]

1. 4.00 star(s)

KingWeWuz

The whole "demon comes and gives you powers to get laid" is a typical male power fantasy. And this one is executed well.

I can barely detect a issue with English from the author. It doesn't seem wrong, but some of the phrases or sentences feel unnatural/unusual.

What I can't really forgive is clicking something and it says "Under construction." Nuh-uh. That takes me out of the moment and reminds me this is a game. I see devs commit this sin in their games often. Disable every button that leads to this. I don't even care if it leads to a sign that says "closed" but don't tell me "part of game is currently under construction."

In the beginning most characters feel very well fleshed out. Yumi's confession happened a bit too abruptly, after introducing the character. Later on somewhat typical arcs lay themselves out and progress slowly over a time and day mechanic.

The pacing is a bit of an issue. Some arcs progress too quick, others too slow. Yumi is a classic example. First we see her and talk to her, interact with her, get an arc where we can become slightly intimate, then completely forget her the remainder of the game, with little to no interaction from her whatsoever.

The bartender is another example of an arc too slow. We meet in the prologue, she seems nice. It leads to nowhere and appears unfinished, she consistently closes shop with nothing to say or do, we have no interaction with her from the initial storyarc and nothing happens in the second one besides some dialogue about bringing in costumers.

So the characters which initially seemed unique, slowly grow a bit bland save for the succubus, Lily, who seems to be one of the best I've ever seen. She carries the game well here causing problems for the mc that might prove the cost of his power significantly more than the gains, with an obvious hidden agenda.

The reason people add stats and money to these types of games is because they have nothing to do in the day cycle. Here, in some cases all we can do is shower. Remove the time based system in which all we're doing is showering/napping until arc rolls around, or add stats to grind so we have something to do.

Quests are often not very specific which leads to repetition. As an example, study with nora in the library doesn't give you the day/time, so I frequently went to the school's library, then ran home to take a shower, then went back, over and over until I got the scene where we meet.

The renders are extraordinarily beautiful. Exceptionally well done here.

tldr;
    Characters mostly start out with heroic introductions but become bland over time. Morning/afternoon/evening/night system with sandbox map exploration handled in a mediocre fashion. Renders extraordinary.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Katsumi-chan

The English isn't great on this one but that's not the reason for this rating. The story presented in original form lacked a good story, the characters felt unoriginal and forgettable, and whilst the renders were technically fine they weren't that good.

I guess this one is one of those games to wait for later versions when things get ironed out, and I'm sure it would be a better game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 167032

LOVE this game. Lily is HOT AF... best looking succubus ive seen in a long time.
    Renders are really good and the sex scenes are great.

The story is only starting but shaping up to be a great game. All the women in game so far are super hot.

Well done dev....
  4. 4.00 star(s)

BartBartjens

It is still a bit short and the developer certainly has a lot to do to make it really interesting but it has a nice story and good renders. Promising. I'm looking forward to future updates. I liked it and I certainly keep an eye on it. I would recommend this game.. (y)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

xavierlub

Pretty little story and I look forward to the following.
    Images of high quality pity that there is not a touch too lol.
    Just the half sister and the girlfriend of it makes you want to see how far he can go.
    And for once a game in French