Linking to other games in yours - opinion / etiquette?

Nov 11, 2017
So I was curious, what do you guys think about a "Check out these other games / inspired by / for fans of" gallery in games (linked from the main menu)? Maybe sharing the game logo, and links to their Patreon/itch/F95 pages.
I know I've seen this done in a few games on this site (though it's been years, so I couldn't specifically name any), but acknowledge that it's pretty rare.

Is there an etiquette to doing this? Is it frowned upon or appreciated?
I know devs will shout out their friend's projects and such, but if a complete stranger does it, is it considered good or bad? Like they're trying to leech off of a fanbase or something.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Cross-promotions, yes why not, go ahead.
Talk to the dev you wanna cross-promo with and they put link to your game into their game/patreon page, and you do the same thing.
Everyone's happi~ :giggle::coffee:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Sure you can, but that's dangerously close to ADs, considering those other games could be paying the dev to promote them.

Because of that I would advise against as ads are frowned upon by pc gamers, make a mobile game if your goal is to advertise stuff.

There could be some security concerns as well, because direct links can be redirected and exploited from others, and if your game is offline you won't be able to change that.