Links are EXE.

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
As the title says, why do some games now have exe instead of rar or zip files? Even if the file is in zip/rar when extracted the only thing that's in it is the exe? How do I work with this?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
The game could be a installer, or have been pack up in to a executable. I've seen a one or two RPGM games packed up like that, and A Zombie's Life it seems. You just double click it like usual.

The development section is meant for developer use.

Edit - Just tried A Zombie's Life. It's a self extracting zip file, double click and it'll unpack the expected RPGM folder. Also 7Zip at least can open it like any other zip.

Last edited:

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
The game could be a installer, or have been pack up in to a executable. I've seen a one or two RPGM games packed up like that, and A Zombie's Life it seems. You just double click it like usual.

The development section is meant for developer use.

Edit - Just tried A Zombie's Life. It's a self extracting zip file, double click and it'll unpack the expected RPGM folder. Also 7Zip at least can open it like any other zip.
Thanks but my problems are on android. Tried opening it then it instanly went to joiplay, tried installing it bit then it says "not supported". Evem though it wasn't like this before, I could play it back then before it became a exe file.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...tried installing it bit then it says "not supported".
If you haven't you could try a dedicated archive app, see if it can open it like 7Zip can on PC. Otherwise a short term fix...

A Zombie's Life v1.1 Beta 3 Fix unzipped (then zipped normally) -

Reactions: SSEEFF777

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The game could be a installer, or have been pack up in to a executable. [...]
It can also be due to anonfile. When you click on the download link, you get an exe, that is totally and definitively not the game ; you need to copy/past the download link to effectively get what you want.

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
It can also be due to anonfile. When you click on the download link, you get an exe, that is totally and definitively not the game ; you need to copy/past the download link to effectively get what you want.
Downloaded a 7z version of it somewhere. I forgot that the game gets stuck whenever I try to do trade to any girls. Feels bad man.