Linux users are left out

Oct 22, 2017
I don't about you, but now I'm a linux user I see poor ports to games on here, yeah there the full game version and I could spend the hours downloading huge files, but why should I?
There's often a truth with indie Dev's, it that they hardly ever compress their games, but on F95 a kind few make a compressed version, however when I look its always for 'windows' users, with Wine I can play most games, but there are others I can't, or they don't run right.

So I know its a bit much to ask, but could there be more effort to make compressed versions of games for linux users.

Thanks The Shadow.gif

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I don't about you, but now I'm a linux user I see poor ports to games on here, yeah there the full game version and I could spend the hours downloading huge files, but why should I?
There's often a truth with indie Dev's, it that they hardly ever compress their games, but on F95 a kind few make a compressed version, however when I look its always for 'windows' users, with Wine I can play most games, but there are others I can't, or they don't run right.

So I know its a bit much to ask, but could there be more effort to make compressed versions of games for linux users.

Thanks View attachment 1078143
You can try Lutris. I used it for Skyrim and it worked fine. The only problem is to use the right version of Proton. Its best to follow the suggested version from the author.

Reactions: TheShadowKnow5

Exa-e

May 30, 2022
Gnu/Linux improves every year, I guarantee ALL Windows games will work in the distant future.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021

Thanks View attachment 1078143
Well, i am pragmatical. There are some games that won't run. And then there are some more they do.
I checked on Steam and there are quite a lot of games for Linux these days. I myself played Wasteland 3 and it was fun.
As for sexy games, well RenPy is easy. You can, if not already done, converted yourself. Unity is best if the dev already offers a Linux version. I haven't tried a Windows only version yet.
Japanese games, seems difficult.
Then again, i do not need to play everything. But there are always "that" one game you would like to run where it borgs.

Compressed. Mm.. i have not data cap, so i do not care myself but i can see some do have data caps. So it matters.

Hopefully a dev will answer.