VN - Ren'Py - Little Things [v0.2] [SusanooStudios]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Lasse.9

Story 4/5: good premise, with great potential
    Writing 2/5: a lot of it is really trash. A lot of the conversations mc has with other characters come of really odd and barely human.
    Renders 4/5: good but not great.
    MC 1/5: really annoying, emotional and pathetic. He really needs to calm down his emotions. A lot of the times the way in which he acts is similar to an overly emotion and socially retarded teen.
    Choices 2/5: lacking, but the game is still early in production so it is not a big issue.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

doc-jones

Everybody is raving about this game, and there is some potential here, but the dialogue ruins it for me. I'd probably rate it lower but it's early in the process so I think this could be fixed. Spelling mistakes, "Retarted" is a pretty funny one to misspell, and the MC is douchey and horrible right off the bat, and the author tries to Ocean's 11 you from the start and double switching you with some crazy shit you have no context for.

Like I said, I don't think this game is BAD, but I am not seeing the hype some other reviewers are talking about, the models are solid, but like, for example, someone said this game had more twists and turns than most games on here like that is a good thing. I think twists are more effective with more buildup. If you keep having twists and turns, instead of being on a rollercoaster, you're on one of those shitty mouse coasters that make you throw up your funnel cake instead of having fun.

I like how the author has had two solid-sized updates each month the game has been out, so the work ethic is there. My main issue is dialogue, I almost went with two stars if the other parts of the game weren't there.

5.5/10 with a honorable mention to the effort put into it!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JillybeanEnjoyer

I am not good with reviews and this is my first one on this site, so bare with me here. I will try to refrain from mentioning points that the developer is already aware of and looking towards improving.

Despite how short the prologue is it is excellent. Lots of emotion. The story is kind of all over the place, but in a good way as shit hits the fan very quickly. With that being said, I do believe the pacing is too quick in some areas (dev is aware of this), but perfect in others (the ending being a good example of perfect pacing). I also believe that there are some missing story elements, but I'm pretty sure this is done intentionally, so I'm not going to think too much about it.

Now onto talking about my final point of the general renders and atmosphere. The renders for the characters are beautiful. The renders for the environment are great (minus that flat, shiny grass texture lol). Pretty good skybox too. Now all of this adds greatly too the atmosphere, but I would like to see more in terms of sound. I think adding some more ambience sound, sound effects, and different music in some situations would elevate the atmosphere even more.

5/5 stars. Can't wait for the v0.2 update.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

Little things [v0.1]

Contains plot spoilers I masked it so touch it with your own risk

Man got me interested. Ngl started as an average game, at start felt writing could've been better. Later in the game writing improved. Renders are good but not top notch. From the overview I understood MC loves doing Parkour I was like that's fresh, he's not a basket ball player. Now about the plot it's not exactly fresh we've seen few elements of plot in movies. But it's kinda fresh here so that's a plus. MC is a thief. Later in the game there's a lady who's hot moreover she's crazy she bite off a dude's ear. There's total blood game peaked at this moment. Then suddenly she got hit a by bullet at fore head damn head shot. I was like why dev you killed a hot lady. But I'm glad seems like she's not dead maybe we can except paranormal stuffs in the future updates. But this was a 4 star game for me then game reveals the secret of Iris, totally 5 star stuff. I really hope that's not a joke and she's a killer that gonna be hot. A love interest who's a sexy killer. Game hints about the upcoming death of Nyxie. Middle aged guy on train and talks about marriage, kids and settling up. Death cause was mysterious really hoping it's some paranormal stuff. Hoping to see more blood in future updates. But I really don't want girls to die hoping to see Nyxie alive in future updates. Game ended with wanting more. I love these kind of stories so it's a plus In my book. Ofc game got it's flaws too.

Truly enjoyed this one. Keep up the good work dev eagerly looking forward to next updates
  5. 5.00 star(s)

jhonatanw

Come on, interesting game, with good rendering, somewhat tense atmosphere, great 3D models, soundtrack fits well with the environment.

Despite the grammatical errors, the story starts off very well, the problem is that out of nowhere there are a lot of things happening at the same time, anger, pain, death, regret, loss, feelings. In the advice part, I thought that I would only enjoy the effect later on, all of this in a single chapter and I was WTF, even more so with the ending :unsure:.

MC, on the other hand, needs to be happier but after the event I really doubt what will happen to him from now on and it's a mystery :unsure: .

The girls are very beautiful, mysterious, fun, each with their own personality, I liked them so much that it's difficult to choose who you want to be with, but I already have my preferences.

Congratulations to the developer for your game and good luck with your project.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Blackheartz-NSFW

I am in disbelief this game isn't talked about more. This right here is what we call a hidden gem. Story had me hooked and wanting more from the beggining. It had more twists and turns in 10 minutes of story then most completed games on here. The graphics are on par to the top games on this website. This honestly gave me vibes like Leap of Faith and that game was superb.

I am suprised this game has only had 1 review up to now and almost no engagment in discussions.. I have a feeling noyone has really experienced this game and they are missing out on a gold mine. I hope once you have more updates released this will start getting the attention it deserves.

@SusanooStudios