Loading Error when Images open in RPG's

Tschamone

Jun 28, 2020
Hello everbody!
I have some trouble with games on my Laptop today. It never happened before, but today when playing games like "Peasent's Quest" or "Katja", whenever animage should come anerror appears, saying:

"Loading Error
Failed to Load: (name of the image)"

Beneathe it is a button, "Retry" written on. When I click it the error disappears and returns after a few seconds.
I can play and read on while the error-message is gone, but it returns again and again even after I left the scene.
Could anyone please help me?

Thank you for reading and hopefully fo an answer,
Tschamone

Fly Games

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2023
I found this on Reddit I hope it helps you

This error comes because the game failed to load a file, OP.

Go to that location in your game folder, project/ audio/ sound effects

And add a sound called ‘cursor1.ogg’

Or alternatively, figure out what event is using that file and make it use a different file because the game can’t load it (most likely because the file isn’t there or missing. )

Tschamone

Jun 28, 2020
Hi, thank you a lot for your time!

I couldn't fix it exactly, but your hints helped a lot. I could replace thefirst missing one with a copy from another image, but with the second one with the error it didn't work, so just replacing isn't a durable solution either.

It didn't help adding files with this name, not in images nor audio. Though thank you!

kaintheblood

Feb 9, 2023
I have the same problem with a game that I got from somewhere else as soon as I start the game I get the same error message that the image cannot be loaded. I changed the image in the folder from png to jpg and also the title of the image file but nothing happens I just can't get it started and gone

MackWild55

Mar 12, 2019
I found this on Reddit I hope it helps you

This error comes because the game failed to load a file, OP.

Go to that location in your game folder, project/ audio/ sound effects

And add a sound called ‘cursor1.ogg’

Or alternatively, figure out what event is using that file and make it use a different file because the game can’t load it (most likely because the file isn’t there or missing. )
how do you add sound?