Local Storage Quota Exceeded

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
So i was playing an HTML and got the above mentioned error on trying to save. I have gotten this error before and i cleared my cache to fix it, which deleted my saves for all my HTML games. So is there a fix for the error that doesn't involve deleting all my Data?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
It depends on what browser and operative system you're using.

Firefox lets you increase the max quota. Open the page about:config, search for the string dom.storage.default_quota and edit its value. It's expressed in kilobytes, so 5120 kB = 5 MiB

Iirc Chrome-based browsers (including Edge, Vivaldi and Opera) don't let you store more data. An alternative is FCHost: it's basically Chrome, without cache limits. It has been developed to play Free Cities, but it should work with any HTML game. More info .

Saving on your hard disk is still your best option though.

Reactions: Meaning Less

SexySombra

Sep 16, 2021
Can you clear your cache somehow? I've tried clearing history/cookies/all that stuff, didn't help.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
When i had this problem i could clear the cache but that meant i lost all my Html games save data, hence why i made this thread.
Later i found hiev's local storage manager to delete save files of html games i am no longer interested in, which freed up some space and solved the issue.
Since then i have switched over to firefox and have never had this problem again