Others Locale

Blahbs

Apr 29, 2021
So I've been trying to download some Japanese games lately, and a lot of the websites and downloads tell me to change my locale to Japanese. It doesn't actually appear to do anything and most of the times I still won't be able to run the game through on reason or another. Most of the time, a pop-up comes up with like a red x and a line of text which essentially tells me there is an error. Can someone tell me what changing the locale does, and if I'm doing something wrong or else the games just aren't working on my device or something?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
The thread How To Run Japanese Games On Windows is all about changing locale. Download, but don't use the Japanese language for Windows. Then switch the locale to Japan and restart, or try (which works on most not all game). Sometimes you need to also make sure the game extracted right. As for what locale does, from ...

The installation simply adds the language capability to your computer, and the system local setting allows for non-Unicode compatible games in that language to run without problem.

Dev help and the development section is meant for developers though.