Unity - Abandoned - London Vibes [v0.1.0] [Entity Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

justapervert

By the time I am typing this it is currently V0.0.10 Tech Demo, My opinion may change varying from what course the developer may take. Coming from a lad from London I was excited to play this also I highly Recommend NOT to attempt picking up girls in any variants of public transport, its a unofficial rule but if you wish to try go ahead. Be disappointed just as I and many before me. Scroll down and read my Conclusion if you wish not to read the rest of the review. Now lets get to it.

Story: The story begins in a London bus setting where our protagonist sat down highlighting the stench and stain of the vehicle he is within which is accurate in my case so good-ups to the DEV, Suddenly encountering a female with punkish looks and huge breasts and as the option presented to interact with her she pulls up a questioner like a American is meant to know the answer which is inaccurate in this case considering Most of the UK including myself look down upon them unless proven to be socially interactable. Sorry for digressing but after the questioner the MC will attempt to finger her which fails due to the given fact that he is without a doubt a virgin. Firstly the description of the game hints about crime and school but none is given in this short demo which is fine considering the purpose of demos are to give a taste to the audience of what the game will be about and personally I am not disappointed. Secondly the female introduced will defiantly be reoccurring due to the potential she will have on the story so introducing her and her personality stated in the questioner is a creative way but yet very inconclusive considering you wont get far answering the wrong answers to her weird questions. Lastly not much is properly known of the MC which hopefully will be stated in the next updates. For the most it is definitely interesting. (4/5)

Gameplay: Using the Unity engine is a decent choice though personally I recommend using REN'PY for a visual novel like this. Moving on the gameplay is a multiple choice visual novel with future cases may containing clicking on highlighted objects set with in the environment. not much to say considering this has been done before but why use Unity, I have a pretty good Laptop yet the fan is louder than my thoughts when I read the dialogue before making a choice. Digressing a bit this game has consequences actions which can affect the outcome which is really good when put into practise and this game did it slightly well though a bit risky which can be a good factor considering there is no quick save options as other visual novel games did before. I'm not sure if this will be like a open world or a linear visual novel. (4/5)

Scene: For the moment nothing is presented that is smut though the discord does show teases of it being released. The art style reminds me of Snapchat Bite emojis I personally don't know why but I wish not to be the only one feeling this. the character sprites blend well in the environment set within the time and place such as the red seats being a bit lighter than the MC cardigan. Not much can I say considering the small amount given but it is exciting to see what the game developer does in the future. (4/5)

Conclusion: Read this if you wish for a short summary, coming from central London my expectations are high, despite it being a shit hole not presented to the outsiders eye. Its home, my shit hole. The story currently has a future with branching out ways due to the consequences action gameplay with Vibrant art to boot ( despite the immediate contrast in IRL), there maybe more mis-contrast such as school life and environment compared to what London is but a game is a game. All is alright for a demo and I suggest you keep an eye on this. (4/5)

I hope the developer and you the player remain in good health considering Lockdown is still happening here until June 21st. I'll leave a edit on that day if out government plan works.-justapervert

P.S: Don't take it to heart but the majority of the UK does frown upon Americans. Simply ask yourself why if you are confused then you will understand.