Mod Onhold Long Live the Princess - Incest restoration [0.1.0] [crabsinthekitchen]

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

Overview:
A patch that restores incest content from before the story was changed to fit Patreon rules. Pretty useless for now since the version before the changes is available but might be useful when the game gets updates​

Updated: 2020-10-15
Game/Creator: Long Live the Princess - Belle
Modder: crabsinthekitchen
Mod Version: 0.1.0
Game Version: 0.32.0p
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:
Known Issues:
  • The restored dialogue is treated as unseen text so skipping without "Skip Unseen Text" doesn't work for the first time
FAQ
Q: What is the difference between my patch and the one posted here?
A: Their patch works by completely replacing all scripts in the game. Which at the moment is even better because there's a chance of me missing something while their patch removes Patreon changes and puts back the dialogues we had before the changes. So if you want a functional incest version right now, use their version. My patch doesn't remove any changes made for Patreon, it puts the old content as a technically "new" scenes and makes Ren'Py trigger restored scenes instead of censored ones. And my patch should be smaller

Download:
Other:

Last edited:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I'll finish restoring dialogue lines where other characters refer to Evelyn as your sister by the end of the week and hopefully can start on restoring text from actual Evelyn's story next week

benkhalifa

Aug 12, 2018
Oh, it's a pity that this is not a mod passage, I really hope that someone sooner or later will still make a similar mod for this game

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Oh, it's a pity that this is not a mod passage, I really hope that someone sooner or later will still make a similar mod for this game
I was working on a walkthrough but it's complicated since doing things in different order might lead to the same point but with a change in dialogue or even skill requirements. Like if you convince Evelyn incest is ok before revealing her large secret her dialogue will be slightly different when she says she was meeting a lover but you say that she was meeting Aldred. And there's four different ways to convince Nell to go to the Fairy Queen depending on how many secrets you solved, your charisma and whether or not she is your girlfriend. I will come back to it once I make something a bit simpler like this mod

Reactions: benkhalifa

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Restored a bunch of content from Evelyn's story.
What's left is Dark secret (townhall puzzle), scenes with Callie, library blowjob and endgame scenes. And figuring out how to restore gallery scene names and clue text.
In the meantime, there's a patch provided by boxedjack that overwrites everything with uncensored content. It should work even better than mine, at least for the current version of the game, I also linked it in the OP

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Thanks for your mod crabsinthekitchen
Hope you are able to keep it current as the game receives new game updates?

Added a link to here from the games OP.
Cheers

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Thanks for your mod crabsinthekitchen
Hope you are able to keep it current as the game receives new game updates?

Added a link to here from the games OP.
Cheers
Thanks. The timing is just perfect because I finally finished patching the current version of the game today. And yeah, I think I can keep it updated since this is the only mod I'm actively making

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Twistty
Jul 25, 2020
What a humble FAQ :) If both doing same then smaller is always better. Also your mod is not replacing original game file which is a huge plus. Thank you!

Edit: To avoid confusions I would name mod version same as game. (In case you update your mod while game is still same, you can use a prefix to show that in version name like "R1- 0.32.0p" )

Last edited:
Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
What a humble FAQ :) If both doing same then smaller is always better. Also your mod is not replacing original game file which is a huge plus. Thank you!

Edit: To avoid confusions I would name mod version same as game. (In case you update your mod while game is still same, you can use a prefix to show that in version name like "R1- 0.32.0p" )
Thanks. I'll change the mod version with the next update. I'm also sure that the other patch won't replace original files in the next version if the idea I gave them works ;)

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I'm looking at the new update and I realized that my patch needs to be updated for every typo/grammar fix. And there's a lot of grammar fixes in 0.33 :eek: On top of it all if I don't finish updating it before Monday, I won't be able to touch it until the next weekend. I'll still update it but it will probably be later than the other patch

Reactions: buff and Graybo
Jun 23, 2020
Hope this patch is here when the game is all done. The incest was one of the hottest parts, especially mixed with Callie.

Reactions: buff

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
A quick update: I've decided to put this mod on hold because the current version linked in the game thread doesn't need a patch and there's a good chance that the next one will not need it as well. If I see that the next version needs a patch, I'll update it

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Twistty and buff

buff

May 29, 2017
Crabs, is this basically restoring the old content as it was released? Or did you put original content in there as well?

I think Belle did as good a job as one could hope for to work within Patreon's dictate, but to me there is no question the change took a lot of the punch out of the game, so I'm quite glad this plugin exists.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Crabs, is this basically restoring the old content as it was released? Or did you put original content in there as well?

I think Belle did as good a job as one could hope for to work within Patreon's dictate, but to me there is no question the change took a lot of the punch out of the game, so I'm quite glad this plugin exists.
Only old content. 0.33 didn't have any content with Evelyn and I'm not adding any new content. Currently the link in the thread is to the version that somehow has the content before Patreon changes so my patch is not needed ;) And I have a good feeling that the next version leaked here (supposed to be out later this month) won't need my patch either. So now I can just wait for the crab signal in the skies that tells me that the main thread has a link to unpatched version and I need to update this thread

Reactions: buff

buff

May 29, 2017
Only old content. 0.33 didn't have any content with Evelyn and I'm not adding any new content. Currently the link in the thread is to the version that somehow has the content before Patreon changes so my patch is not needed ;) And I have a good feeling that the next version leaked here (supposed to be out later this month) won't need my patch either. So now I can just wait for the crab signal in the skies that tells me that the main thread has a link to unpatched version and I need to update this thread
Hah, good to know. I'm a fairly high-tier patron of Belle and I'm downloading the rewards here.... heh.

Even with these mysterious uploads, good to know you guys have our back.