Renonymous

Jul 17, 2018
@Belle I just wanted to say that's some great writing in the night scene with Evelyn. Her lines show the conflict she faced in the decision that brought her to that bittersweet scene while foreshadowing what's to come in the next morning. You tell a story about the past and the future in a scene that is very much about the present. Is The letter also evokes so many terrible feelings. Well done, you bastard.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
@Belle I just wanted to say that's some great writing in the night scene with Evelyn. Her lines show the conflict she faced in the decision that brought her to that bittersweet scene while foreshadowing what's to come in the next morning. You tell a story about the past and the future in a scene that is very much about the present. Is The letter also evokes so many terrible feelings. Well done, you bastard.
That's high praise indeed. I can only hope that the revelations in 0.19.0 about why Evelyn is so conflicted will live up to expectations.

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
Just curious, does 0.X mean that its X% complete? So its currently 18% Complete? Just wondering if its worth trying to play it yet :unsure:

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Just curious, does 0.X mean that its X% complete? So its currently 18% Complete? Just wondering if its worth trying to play it yet :unsure:
I don't know about the percentage thing (though i doubt it to be the case), but this game is definitely worth trying. It has been in development for a long time with consistent updates, has a lot of content, excellent writing (with good humour and interesting plot) and very good renders, and most importantly for most of the people around this site, lots of hot sex scenes.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
No, 0.18 means it's the update after 0.17. It has nothing to do with completion %.

The only thing you can count on is a higher number comes after a lower number. Except for the first few, which were before @Belle settled on the current versioning scheme - the original 0.15 and 0.20 should have been 0.1.5 and 0.2.0.

XeroemoXmageX

Mar 8, 2019
everyone new starts with current version content available (technically version 0.18 content is in the game but new players start out at 0.01 and than as you progress, you move up a level and new content is open to you...if that made sense)
Indeed it does. After figuring out the navigation and getting back into the swing of things, it started to make a lot more sense. I did end up wasting most of the days during the Primrose investigation because I couldn't get to Crone for lvl 2 training. So whilst she's in jail, I think I may take up being a carpenter, or a mechanic. She might be there a while

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It's best if you shake off the assumption that pre-release version numbers indicate completion percentage in any way. It's incredibly challenging (and in most cases counterproductive) for developers to do things that way, so you will almost never come across projects using that concept. I can always tell that whoever asks this question is not a developer because of this. ;)

In the case of LLtP, the version number works like this:

- The first digit is the major version. When this one shows 1, all of the game's major features, including the story, is complete. Further development may happen still, but you can expect a full game at this point.
- The second digit is the minor version. It started at 1 and is incremented by 1 for every monthly release.
- The third digit is the revision. I use this one to indicate hotfixes.

So version 0.18.0 means that the game isn't complete, it's the 18th release (not strictly true because of how I handled the first two updates), and this particular minor version has had no hotfixes.

The game will suddenly jump from one of these regular version numbers to 1.0.0 when it's completed.

Fan Sig:

link:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/03/281645_lltp-fan4.gif
previous: here
Wow, I've never seen Nell look like a goth before. :p

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
So tryin to play this is stressful, even with the guide.

Is this a 1 playthrough per girl game or maybe 2? I saw mention of something about the sister so does that mean i have to waste my morning slot every day to prevent it or is it one time?

How many days is there to play through? i cant tell if i need to rush from a to b to c to z or can build up or anything. Im guessing 30 days or 60 but not entirely sure.

Alot of stuff so far just seems to waste time slots with nothing to do, mainly nights. I see mention of people in the guide, but either im not far enough to talk to them or im doing something wrong. Im only on like day 4 though so that may be why.

Reactions: Gilber002684

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
So tryin to play this is stressful, even with the guide.
Thats all on you.There is presently one single time limit in the game and the narrative will make it very clear when that starts and how long you have(and even then its not a hard time limit as far as Im aware,simply a timeframe to finish a particular quest with the best outcome).

Is this a 1 playthrough per girl game or maybe 2? I saw mention of something about the sister so does that mean i have to waste my morning slot every day to prevent it or is it one time?
No limit for now,might change once the ending is included depending on Belle´s whims(though considering the stated focus on multiple playthroughs I would assume a clash of the waifus is planned,maybe with some kind of possible golden path harem ending but thats completely up in the air for now and the one person that knows likely aint gonna tell).

How many days is there to play through? i cant tell if i need to rush from a to b to c to z or can build up or anything. Im guessing 30 days or 60 but not entirely sure.
To infinity and beyond,as stated.

Alot of stuff so far just seems to waste time slots with nothing to do, mainly nights. I see mention of people in the guide, but either im not far enough to talk to them or im doing something wrong. Im only on like day 4 though so that may be why.
New characters get slowly introduced and new activities open up so you technically can fill all timeslots aside from night(which seems to be reserved for events and nightcrawling)with something productive.
Day 4 is barely beyond the introduction if I remember correctly so give it some time.

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
Okay well i thought the game ended after 30 days so it was stressful. But now im stuck on Primrose getting arrested, i have everything up to the part where i prove she did it, but i cant find it and no clue where else to look.

Knowing i dont have a hard time limit eases it up alot, except the Primrose stuff since it took me day 19 to get the Samarra to deputize me and couldnt do big secrets till 21 so now im at 3 days away and cant prove the last 1-2 pieces =(

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Night actions are somewhat useless by design. They're usually reserved for naughty activities, but there are some other actions that are possible to do with a night action that you should try to do that way to save the far more valuable morning and afternoon actions. For example, searching the alley behind the library can (and should) be done at night, but you could do it at any time of day. Once the time limit is introduced later, trying to get the most out of night actions will be a pretty important part of the game.

But if it helps, even I skip a lot of night actions when I do my own playthroughs (though I don't play optimally either). The game is designed that way.

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
Okay well i thought the game ended after 30 days so it was stressful. But now im stuck on Primrose getting arrested, i have everything up to the part where i prove she did it, but i cant find it and no clue where else to look.

Knowing i dont have a hard time limit eases it up alot, except the Primrose stuff since it took me day 19 to get the Samarra to deputize me and couldnt do big secrets till 21 so now im at 3 days away and cant prove the last 1-2 pieces =(
You probably have enough time to clear her still but don't worry over it too much. Just play the game and follow the story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The most optimized I've gotten the walkthrough in the copy I haven't posted is 37 days. That is doing basically everything (that you can in one playthrough) at least once. It could probably be trimmed down to 35 days but there isn't really a reason to in the current version. You could probably get it under 30 if you were just unlocking scenes and maxing attributes.

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
Well after reading the thread some, found out i could go bounce ideas off Samarra, and now i finished with Primrose, but im stuck presenting evidence to Samarra, belle keeps telling me not to disclose everything yet ...

Doesnt solving it before her imprisonment give you a different path though? Thats what im trying to do
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
So could you maybe change Samarras text somewhat? Mention that we can come back and bounce ideas off her? The way i read it was pretty much ... Fuck off and dont come back till you have everything.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So could you maybe change Samarras text somewhat? Mention that we can come back and bounce ideas off her? The way i read it was pretty much ... Fuck off and dont come back till you have everything.
I just read through that dialogue again to make sure I was remembering it correctly. She spells out what you need to do pretty explicitly... twice. Once she has done that, Belle tells you what you need to do... twice. In total, you're told what to do four times within a span of a few minutes. I think that should be enough. They don't tell you to solve the murder either. They tell you to figure out what Samarra figured out and tell her about it.

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
Sorry with all the newb questions but i got atleast 1 more :p

How do you get Callies last secret or the lingerie piece? ive had her do a fashion show with all options and not getting the evidence piece, or is it gotten elsewhere?

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes