Long overdue intro. Maybe becoming a dev?!?!

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
So I've been lurking around and commenting on things for some time now and I've never got around to introducing myself, so I figured now is as good a time as any. Surely this decision has nothing to do with me making my own game... Now, I've stated a few times that I have no idea how to make a game and have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. However, I've recently embarked on my first project. It's a bit of a mess right now. I'm learning how to use renpy with no previous experience with anything resembling code or scripting, but so far I've managed to create a functional visual novel. The code is a mess and bloated and filled with redundancies and is the furthest thing from elegant, but it doesn't seem to crash renpy so far, so it's a start. I'd say I'm about 75% through my first chapter writing-wise. I've done a little writing before and at the very least, I appear to be competent.

Of course now comes the hard part of learning how to render images and animations with daz3d and not making images that look like hot fried ass. It's gonna be a journey, I'm sure. A long, frustrating journey with few rewards. But hopefully I can come out the other side with a decent basis in making games that can fill in some of the niches that I feel are a little bit lacking here.

If anybody cares to know, the game's going to be a continents-spanning fantasy epic (which will surely become less epic once I realize my own limitations) with a sprinkling of 1001 arabian nights flavor, perhaps a dash of good ol' middle/dark ages, a hint of swashbuckling, and a whole lot of fucking.

The general goal is to create a story for those of us who like a bit of variety from all the straight up heterosexual content around (Though there will be plenty of that as well. Let's face it, I know where the bread is buttered.) Current plans are to have 3 primary love interests. You can choose one or fuck all of them if you want. A straight relationship, a homosexual relationship, and a transgender relationship. I'm trying to give each main love interest an equal amount of care and attention so nobody feels left out, while also sparing those of you who aren't into such content from having to experience it. So to reiterate, I'm not forcing you to see any gaybros butt fucking if you don't want. Nor am I forcing anybody to question if traps are gay.

Of course, there will always be one-off non-primary characters for flings if you want, so don't feel locked in a role. My goals are to tell a strong story that people actually enjoy reading rather than "You just moved back in after x years and now your family wants to bang you." So hopefully a few of you will wish me luck. I'm sure I'll be relying heavily on the dev advice section as well as asking plenty of stupid questions in the coming weeks and months.

Cheers!

PS: I have to come up with a good dev name.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
hey there! nice to meet you. good luck with your project, sounds interesting. :)

Reactions: timepants

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Welcome and good luck with your project, I will watch your career with great interest.
I actually made a game. Been working on it since last October. Already released a few versions. Check my sig.