Long time lurker and amateur game dev here

simliz

Mar 31, 2020
Hi everyone. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Simliz, and I have been on this forum for quite a while. Only recently have I started developing some very basic games with an adult concept. I would love to share my work with you all, and I hope you like them. Hope to see you around. Stay safe and free!

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Oh thank gawd! Someone that knows how to string a bunch of words together in a cohesive way with correct spelling! That, right there, bodes well on what you might be able to do in the writing department of the games you're developing. Hopefully you've thought of some ideas and a plan of attack on what you want to do. Good luck!

simliz

Mar 31, 2020
Oh thank gawd! Someone that knows how to string a bunch of words together in a cohesive way with correct spelling! That, right there, bodes well on what you might be able to do in the writing department of the games you're developing. Hopefully you've thought of some ideas and a plan of attack on what you want to do. Good luck!
Hahaha! Many thanks! I am almost tempted to make a glaring grammar error to troll you, but I am honestly so happy to see this reaction that I have decided you are my best friend instead!

I do have some ideas and a plan of attack, funnily enough. I am developing a medieval/modern fantasy game, but right now, it is more a visual novel than a game. I am still debating whether it should be a game at all. But whatever the outcome, I hope you will get to see the result soon enough.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Back

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
I am developing a medieval/modern fantasy game, but right now, it is more a visual novel than a game. I am still debating whether it should be a game at all.
I don't think many people would argue that a visual novel isn't a game. Unless you mean a kinetic novel, something that has no choices and is just a procession of images and text with no choices.

simliz

Mar 31, 2020
I don't think many people would argue that a visual novel isn't a game. Unless you mean a kinetic novel, something that has no choices and is just a procession of images and text with no choices.
I am still experimenting with how much agency I can give the player. Currently, I suppose it is a kinetic novel with basic non-deterministic choices. I am, at heart, a writer. So, I'd prefer you read the story the way I intend it to be read. But, I am also a gamer, and I do enjoy the challenging journey you usually take to achieve what you want in a game. I derive my inspiration from the classic Choose Your Own Adventure games and the Infocom puzzle games. I want to make a game that raises your game in more departments than just the reproductive one. Let's see how it goes...

Reactions: Back