Long time lurker, first time developer of text-based game

Mar 18, 2020
Hi, I’m SalaciousMandate (not my real name). Been lurking for a while, figured it was about time I posted and introduced myself.

I guess I’m in the new developer category, currently working on a text-based game in twine. It’s about an average guy who wakes up one day to find that everybody suddenly wants to fuck all the time. He spends the first day at home with his family, so you can guess what happens next (Sorry to anyone who’s sick of incest! Though I have included a toggle to change it to ‘people you moved in with after your family died horribly’ for players who are too weirded out by actual blood relatives). Eventually the plan is to write a bunch of other stuff so that you can skip the incest if you want. You can skip it now, but then there’s no sex and it’s a pretty crap adult game.

I’m getting reasonably close to a playable demo/intro, already over 20,000 words, though a normal playthrough would probably see 1/2 to 3/4 of that. Just at the point of cleaning it up, making sure everything’s working properly and there's no dead ends.

I like to think of myself as a reasonably competent writer, so that’s the part I’m focused on. And I can generally muddle my way through code when I need to. It’s written as erotic fiction with player selectable choices. And there are a lot of choices; some will affect which storyline you go down, some just minor dialogue changes. I don’t really like games where you’re randomly clicking around rooms looking for content, so this will be more like a Choose Your Own Adventure, but with variables and fucking your mom.

No art at this point, I played around with some vector stuff but it mostly just reminded me that I’m a bit shit at anything visual. Wouldn’t mind teaming up with someone to illustrate it eventually, but it’s not really a focus now. So yeah, if you’re not into all text then this isn’t for you. For everyone else I’m hoping the writing is good enough to carry it.

Any comments or suggestions, fire away! Otherwise I’ll hopefully have a version 0.01 (0.0001?) up in the next week or so.

Feature List/TLDR:
  • Text based, no distracting images.
  • Real Incest! Unless you prefer fake incest.
  • Your Dad is alive and an active part of the family. Dead father mode coming soon.
  • Lots of choices! Some will effect the story and open up new options and paths, other are completely pointless! Hundreds of variations, no two playthroughs are the same (unless you make the same choices, obviously).