[R>Artist 2D] Share Unpaid Looking for 2D Artist for RMMZ Adult Farming Sim / Monster Breeder - New Project

TrashyGoblin

Oct 2, 2024
Project:

Hilo Town
is a currently work-in-progress Farming Sim/Monster Breeder game built in the RPGmaker MZ engine, with emphasis on pregnancy and belly inflation content.

Overview:
The game takes place in a fantasy spell and sword setting, following a male protagonist as he builds relationships with the town’s female residents. These interactions open questlines that require the player to engage in traditional farming sim activities like gardening and fishing, with RPG-style world exploration. The game features a robust Monster/Monstergirl breeding minigame with planned reward content to be unlocked as the player advances the main storyline.

Story Summary:
The story follows one of the few surviving soldiers returning from a gruesome total war between humans and goblins. Human society now consists primarily of women, with goblin society no longer organized enough to pose a threat to mankind. The MC returns to find his hometown destroyed, and so volunteers to help the Church of the Good Saint Grace with their human repopulation program. He is sent to Hilo Town, a small community of women who have also volunteered to assist the church’s efforts. While exploring the outskirts of town, he discovers a ruined altar deep in the forest, where he is approached by a succubus who’s goals seemingly align with his own. However, he can’t shake the feeling she is not what she seems, and the increasing presence of dangerous creatures in the woods does not bode well…

Key Features
  • Farming system
  • Fishing minigame
  • Monster shop
  • Genetics system
  • Pregnancy system
  • Day/night cycle
Planned Features
  • Relationship tracker
  • Combat system
  • Cooking and crafting recipes
  • Potion transfiguration system
  • Seasons other than Summer
Developer:

I am Trashy Goblin, the sole member of the Hilo Town team. I am a novice coder and writer, and this is my first project. I say this not to disparage myself, but to be fully transparent to anyone interested in joining the project. To be clear, progress on Hilo Town is well underway. While I may have started at square zero, I have spent substantial time working on the game and developing my skills. Hilo Town has reached the point where I am comfortable sharing my work, and asking others to contribute to the project.

Looking for:

I am looking for a 2D Artist with a simple yet attractive style to join the project. Please keep in mind that this is an “Adult” game with fetishistic content including: Pregnancy, belly inflation, egg-laying, and other non-vanilla sexual content.

Employment Type:

This posting is for a revenue share, percentage is negotiable. A Patreon or Subscribstar will not be active until the 0.1 version of the game is launched. Due to the nature of donation funded projects it is uncertain when or if return on investment will be reached. Payment based on commission is not something I am able to accommodate at this time.

Work commitment:

Hilo Town is planned to be a long term project. In a perfect world significant updates would be added to the game every other month. Currently, I work on the project part time and I would not ask you to contribute any more than I would be willing to contribute myself.

Preferred method of contact:

Reach out to me on Discord!
Discord: trashygoblin.

Job Description:

As the primary artist for the project your art will be needed for:
  • Character concept and design based on existing character descriptions, dialog, and archetypes.
  • Bust art to accompany the characters’ dialog.
  • Pixel art sprite sheets to match your character designs
  • Cutscene graphics to convey story scenes as well as serve as the game's main vehicle for NSFW content.
  • Multiple layers of variable art for the monster/monstergirl genetics system.

As it stands, Hilo Town needs approximately 100 images of varying complexity to get to a 0.1 release state.

At this moment, I do not believe it a viable option to split character art and pixel art between multiple artists. It is required that you be able to create matching pixel art sprites for your character images.

Depending on the popularity of the game, I may pursue adding animations down the line. Ideally the same artist who creates the art would be able to animate it. Animation experience, or even the desire to learn animation, is desirable but definitely not a necessity.

Additional comments:
— DISCLAIMER —
Many of the game’s backgrounds make use of AI ASSISTED assets. These are primarily used in conjunction with RMMZ’s stock tilesets to add a more unique style to the game. I know this is something that some artists may disagree with, and I wanted to be totally upfront about their inclusion of the game.

To anyone seriously considering joining the project, There is a playable demo that illustrates the key features listed above. There is currently no story content, and characters planned for the 0.1 version of the game are not included in the demo. However, all content up to the 0.1 release is scripted and available to assist art design.

TrashyGoblin

Oct 2, 2024
Bump! - I just finished all maps for the 0.1 release, moving onto the girls interactions and schedules using placeholder assets.

TrashyGoblin

Oct 2, 2024
Bump! - currently coding a daily chat system for the game. First interaction of the day is more verbose and improves player affection.