[R>Artist 3D] Share Unpaid Looking for 3d artist for new project (NY Remodel)

bullwhip07

Dec 23, 2018
Project:
not named yet - working title NY Remodel

Developer:
me

Looking for:
3d artist

Employment Type:
unpaid for now. if there will be profits, i don't mind sharing

Work commitment:
serious, but any part time

Preferred method of contact:
Discord: bullwhip07#2020

Job Description:
I am looking for a 3d developer that can generate the characters and renders for a game i am writing.

Additional comments:
n/a

bakabakabakaa

Jan 3, 2020
Not the person you need being a hobbyist developer myself but a bit of constructive criticism goes a long way I believe. take it as you want.

1. if you are not offering to pay, you shouldn't expect people to commit to your project because they are helping you for free.
  2. rev share holds no value if you are not particularily known as most of us are. especially if you don't have anything to show potential interested people.
  3. this is just my 2 cents on the matter, but having done the same mistakes, it ended up being a waste of time, retrospectively, it sure makes a lot of sense.
a piece of advice if you don't want to pay, try to showcase it a proof of concept if you will, one way or another, make a demo or something that shows you are serious. that might bring in people.
another option is to make a note of that game idea and make some other games that don't rely as heavily on artists to make a better name for yourself.
the third option is to actually do it yourself, blender's render engine can make extremely HQ renders with almost no work, for real.

to expand a bit on that last option, for organic matters you will need a rigged and textured model at least and you can make the animations/poses yourself if you care to learn, for non organic matters, there are thousands of models online which are easy to adjust unlike organic models, and there are a lot of high quality materials especially made for blender. if you just want the renders you can do them in blender in no time. you just build the decor once and pose your character.

bullwhip07

Dec 23, 2018
Thank you for your advice.

This is my second attempt. For the first attempt I paid for 3 character models and "a few" scenes, but delays (on both my and the artists part) made the project a failure.
I am doing everything I can NOT to do the renders myself. I tried with Daz3D and found it too be too complex for me.

However, if I finish the script (story and code) and do not find someone to help, I will probably dedicate my time for the images as well.
I did not try Blender, as on first look it seemed more difficult than Daz.

I do however appreciate all/any advice, so thank you for taking the time!
I am not against paying, but at the moment I still have no idea on what the cost should be.